Health New Coronavirus in China

I really like those pictures. Glad you are back at church.

I've connected more dots regarding Covid, but will leave it for later.

Now I'm going to look at those photos.

Where two or three are gathered

Thank you nordicwarrior (y):)

Chronicle of a tragedy.

In a distant part of the world there is a non-transparent government, which allows the population of the country to meet its needs to consume animal protein allowing the consumption of the meat of wild animals and, also, the meat of domestic animals (dogs, for example). In the markets of this country there is no type of health control. In that country, a lethal virus leaves the wild cycle and infects humans with an infection capacity never detected in other pathogens. The government of that country initially omits information, denies the lethality of the virus, and the plague spreads throughout the planet. It’s too late when this government in the far east recognizes the seriousness of what it was happening and, not long after, the virus arrived in a western country governed (or ungoverned) by people who still believe that the land is flat and that science doesn’t matter much. This western country collapses in sanitary and economic terms and thousands of people die. Whose fault is it. IMO, there is a shared guilt that must be checked.

@Duarte

I share no guilt !

I won’t allow the Media or anybody to play with my emotions, that’s the new thing lately.

I’m not ashamed, and I’m not guilty :)

@Duarte

I share no guilt !

I won’t allow the Media or anybody to play with my emotions, that’s the new thing lately.

I’m not ashamed, and I’m not guilty :)

Good Morning @Salento :)
I was very reticent to search for guilty. Friends and family manifesting and I always keeping in silence. But is a fact that it was not a Brazilian who ate a soup of bats and contaminated other people here and the whole world due to the omission of a state that said to be a great power, but that allows the people to adopt uncommon forms of eating, because they cannot provide meat of quality and controlled origin for all. That country initially ignored the warnings given by local health professionals, punished others who took the time to speak, falsified information that was sent to WHO and only admitted the problem when it was no longer possible to deny it. But it was already too late. The whole world that already had major problems to deal with had to stop everything to deal with something new and unknown. The response of each country affected was different, with some countries being more efficient and competent than others. But everyone had to stop the economy and invest billions to try to save lives. Who do we have to claim damages for? I think that I know the answer.
Cheers dear friend.

This is Saint Sebastian’s church (Igreja De São Sebastião) founded by Italians, in the ‘Barro Preto’ neighborhood, in BH. Simply beautiful. I was born in this neighborhood, although I was not grow there. The ecumenical cult to celebrate my son's degree at the university was in this church. He's half Italian. We need a lot of faith in this difficult time that the world is going through. Tradition is important. I have a big Jewish friend. He is an atheist and practicing Jew. Once time I asked him if it was not contradictory and he told me it was not. I understood why.

PS: São Sebastião is also the patron of the City of Rio de Janeiro and the most famous landmark in Brazil is the Christ the Redeemer statue that embraces the city from the top of the Corcovado hill. Nobody in Brazil would ever think of taking down what is a patrimony of the Brazilian people.

pZTssA0.jpg

WctWZl3.jpg

It's partly my sense of aesthetics, and partly my memories of childhood I'm sure, and growing up in a land of beautiful churches, but these large, barn like structures, devoid of ornament, with huge windows of clear glass which were built in the U.S. over the last decades leave me absolutely cold.

There are all kinds of "religious" people, I think: some like the order, the rules, the authority; some like the feeling that here are the answers, and life now has ultimate meaning; some like the social aspects, the sense of community. None of those things were first or even very important to me. I didn't think God cared about nitpicking rules, I didn't and don't like functioning in groups of people, and I always had my doubts about some of the answers, but there are those of us who like the mysticism of it, the sense of communion with what lies beyond the veil. That's why I've always said that were I to become a "practicing" religious person again, the various Protestant churches, no offense meant, hold absolutely no appeal. It would be Catholicism, whether Roman or perhaps even better, eastern rite. All those old rituals like rosaries, chants, novenas, with candles flickering, and the smell of incense, make it easier, for those who have the desire and the ability to do it, to transport elsewhere, to enter into a trancelike state. Asian religious rituals provide that avenue for those so inclined as well.

The tiny church where I was baptized.
pYT0wzd.png

The church that we and our children attended, where I even taught theology, all the while being a secret agnostic. I no longer practice. Not like my birth church but not bad.
wcxwBUY.png

I would really find it difficult to enter into the right frame of mind in these kinds of churches. The failure may very well be in me, but I could as easily meditate in a meeting room.

7_Taylor_Hsiao.jpg

It's partly my sense of aesthetics, and partly my memories of childhood I'm sure, and growing up in a land of beautiful churches, but these large, barn like structures, devoid of ornament, with huge windows of clear glass which were built in the U.S. over the last decades leave me absolutely cold.

There are all kinds of "religious" people, I think: some like the order, the rules, the authority; some like the feeling that here are the answers, and life now has ultimate meaning; some like the social aspects, the sense of community. None of those things were first or even very important to me. I didn't think God cared about nitpicking rules, I didn't and don't like functioning in groups of people, and I always had my doubts about some of the answers, but there are those of us who like the mysticism of it, the sense of communion with what lies beyond the veil. That's why I've always said that were I to become a "practicing" religious person again, the various Protestant churches, no offense meant, hold absolutely no appeal. It would be Catholicism, whether Roman or perhaps even better, eastern rite. All those old rituals like rosaries, chants, novenas, with candles flickering, and the smell of incense, make it easier, for those who have the desire and the ability to do it, to transport elsewhere, to enter into a trancelike state. Asian religious rituals provide that avenue for those so inclined as well.

The tiny church where I was baptized.
pYT0wzd.png

The church that we and our children attended, where I even taught theology, all the while being a secret agnostic. I no longer practice. Not like my birth church but not bad.
wcxwBUY.png

I would really find it difficult to enter into the right frame of mind in these kinds of churches. The failure may very well be in me, but I could as easily meditate in a meeting room.

7_Taylor_Hsiao.jpg

I agree with you Angela. Those who like to travel and want to take a tour to see sacred works can choose, in Europe, for example, the City of Rome. From the Vatican to the spectacular Baroque churches scattered throughout the city, it is always a show of beauty. In London, the architecture of Saint Paul’s Catetral, with its beautiful dome, is spectacular. But the interior of the Cathedral of Saint Paul, excuse me the British, is arid. In the opposite direction I quote the Church of Nossa Senhora do Ó, in Sabará, Belo Horizonte Metropolitan Region. From the outside, the church looks like a small chapel. Inside, it reveals a spectacular Baroque work, with lots of gold, frescoes and sacred sculptures distributed throughout the church. Undoubtedly, two very different approaches.

iI9SU0l.jpg

RPidU9x.jpg

PeNPlt3.jpg

W5VU3ci.jpg

xAHdT5L.jpg

BUhKV7F.jpg

Okay, since the items I'm going to discuss are so interwoven... I'm going to bring them up here because this thread has such a large viewership. Covid relates to the worldwide protests and the protests link to politics... and politics are tied to the banking institutions. And a spiritual element runs through it all.

Here it goes. And please be patient... I will piece all these ideas and events into clear big picture, eventually. By the way, these developments will have an enormous impact on sites like Eupedia so I implore the moderators to consider this contribution.

Here in the U.S., two conservative internet sites were banned by Google, completely eliminating their advertisement revenue (ZeroHedge and The Federalist). This banishment ruins all their on-line money making capabilities. What has been widely reported-- and falsely so-- is that both were kicked out because of their "too far right" news coverage. This is wrong. They were demonetized because each had unregulated comment sections. Very big difference.

In fact, The Federalist quickly approached Google and offered to water down/eliminate their comment section and Google responded by turning the money faucet back on. Zero Hedge was stubborn and told Google to pound sand... and they are without an ad income now.

FULL DISCLOSURE-- ZeroHedge and Eupedia are two of my favorite sites. ZeroHedge has been my go-to source for current events for many years now. I was a lurker on ZH back when they were exclusively a business oriented operation (essentially a collection of maverick Wall Street investors) and back then their comment section was so esoteric, so specialized it was difficult for "normal" readers to follow. I would estimate the average I.Q. among the contributors back in the early days of ZH to hover around 140. It was the land of genius. Now, not so much.

In fact the ZH comment section has devolved to the point were I don't pay much attention to it anymore and it used to be my favorite part. There are enough bots and paid foreign shills that navigation through the comments isn't worth my effort. However, the featured writers and staff are STRONG. To be fair, some valuable insight can still be culled from the comments to this day, but you really need to spend some time and effort separating the wheat from the chaff.

How does this relate to Corona Virus?

Zero Hedge was onto Covid EARLY. Like a month before any other big site. And they covered stuff that the Big Boys didn't want touched. So please file this data away for a bit while I address a related topic.

Covid's reach has proven to stretch way beyond lung capacity and mortality rates. By locking down the entire planet for week after week, even month after month for some... by eliminating normal face to face interactions, we have managed to alter the planetary mindset. Most Western nations saw their respective populations zoned out on the internet-- hanging out in hyper specific genres enjoying the echo chambers of familiar friends and ideas. Nothing to challenge the status quo.

Because of this cutting of from society (withdrawal from work, withdrawal from extended family, etc.) we were ripe for civil unrest once restrictions started to lift.

The protests (completely justified) lead to looting (not justified) and overall chaos. But this chaos was not entirely organic, in fact it was suspiciously well-organized. The flyers, the pallets of bricks, the mass produced signage used in the marches... there were and are forces behind these efforts, financing these efforts. Remember that word finance, because it's the keystone to understanding what we are looking at today.

I'm sorry, Nordic, but I can't let you turn this thread or this site turn into a conspiracy site. I've been tolerant, but this is hi-jacking the thread. It is for information specifically about Covid 19, not your conspiracy theories, so I have deleted the post. Please don't do that again.

Good information on the surge of new cases in U.S. but the, at least for now, decrease of hospitalizations and death.

"In South Korea, with extensive early testing and an enviable contact tracing program, more than 75% of infections were in people under 60 years old, and about 45% of infections were in people under the age of 40.In contrast, the US initially had the resources to test only the sickest of patients and because of this limitation in testing capacity, data skewed heavily toward those who were older and more likely to be hospitalized. The rate of viral infections in the elderly caught fire and blazed, and in the effort to contain and stop this unfolding tragedy, we took our eyes off what was happening to the younger people. What was and is their role in this pandemic?
The role of the young and healthy in this pandemic is beginning to reveal itself.
The 20- to 40-year-olds appear to be spreading the infection unperceived. They are just as easily infected as the elderly, but much more likely to show no or mild symptoms. People in these age groups are the ones who have allowed the virus to smolder through our communities and erupt into flames when they make contact with a susceptible population.
Unlike the older populations, where the fraction of tests that are positive have decreased markedly over time -- likely evidence that we are doing better at protecting vulnerable people -- when we look at the 18 to 49-year-olds, we see that the number of positive cases has remained more or less constant throughout time.
We are now seeing that more than 60% of all infections in the US are occurring in people under the age of 50.
The skewing of the infection rate toward this younger age group, those less likely to have severe symptoms and outcomes, could explain why we are seeing a nationwide reduction in hospitalizations and death.
But the emerging data about the infection rate for those under 50 years old is revealing that the 20- to 40-year-old segment of our population may in fact be the force driving this pandemic.
A recent contact tracing study performed in Japan demonstrated how significant 20 to 40-year-olds are in the initiation of new clusters of infection. About 50% of all clusters traced -- outbreaks in which at least five new people were infected -- were initiated by this age group. A significant revelation from this research was that the majority of the 20-40-year-old index cases were showing no disease symptoms at the time of contact with the people they infected."

"Other data shows that these infected younger folks initiated outbreaks in bars, restaurants, gymnasiums and concerts. This is of no surprise to anyone following the data, as this is a pattern we have seen repeated in South Korea and are now observing in the US.

One of the eye-opening outbreaks described in this tracing study was as at a live music concert where a single person's case resulted in a performer, event staff and members of the audience becoming infected. In total, more than 30 people were infected at the concert."

"Knowing that younger people are just as easy to infect, but show fewer and milder symptoms than those who are over 50, allows the virus to slowly burn in the background of our communities.

We see this trend play out in the testing results. However, if the virus continues to burn through this age group, with their increased mobility and their importance within the essential workforce, it will only be a matter of time before we see their infections spark an inferno of sickness and death in vulnerable populations.
For months, I have been particularly troubled by the data in Florida. Florida seemed to have dodged a bullet after spring break revelers in March, appeared to reopen safely in May and the Covid-19 mortality rate has stayed curiously low.
But in the background, the demographics of new infections were changing. The median age of infected people dropped from 65 in March to 35 years old in June. We are now seeing a substantial increase in new daily cases in that state -- a 300% increase in the past two weeks, which cannot be attributed to greater testing. We are likely seeing the rise in new infections because of the increased mobility and large social networks of younger people.
While the rate of infection stays highest in this younger population, the burden on the health care system remains low. We know there is a large pool of susceptible people in Florida. We are seeing troubling signs emerge in Miami-Dade as admitted patients approach the April peak, but statewide the hospitalization numbers are flat.
I fear it is only a matter of time, however, before the virus finds its way into a household or a workplace where people more susceptible to poorer outcomes from infection can be found.
A similar pattern is emerging in Arizona. Forty-seven percent of all cases are in the 20-44 age group. However, unlike Florida, the virus has now made its way into vulnerable populations. We are seeing the number of patients admitted to the hospital with Covid-19 rise rapidly, and a concerning increase in the number of people on ventilators."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/opin..._source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

I've been beating this drum forever. It's younger people, with their sense of invulnerability, who drive this disease. I'm sorry for the devastation for these business owners, but restaurants and especially bars should not be opened, and EVERYONE should be masked until we get a vaccine.

Yes it seems that the new surge is from social contact between young adults in bars and clubs. There are fewer deaths and hospitalizations as a result. I have seen a lot more people with masks in the grocery store since the weekend including one very well dressed lady that coordinates her masks with her dresses.

Just right now I received a message in my cell phone. The Mayor of Belo Horizonte just starting lockdown beginning in this Monday. My son is on weekly duty at the Public Prosecutor's Office and will spend the weekend at his girlfriend's house in the interior of the state, near Santa Barbara, and I cannot speak to him.

EmZH9iX.jpg

It seems that Covid19 was in the Barcelona wastewater from March 2019 albeit at low levels:

A study led by the University of Barcelona (UB) has detected the presence of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater samples from Barcelona on March 12, 2019.
The results of the research, published on the medical research website medRxiv, would indicate that the virus was present long before any case of Covid-19 was discovered, the university reports.
The research is part of a project on the coronavirus that aims to detect it in wastewater to facilitate the adoption of early measures. The results come from the analysis of frozen samples, showing the virus present in the water on January 15 this year but also in a sample from March 2019, although at "very low" levels.
https://www.catalannews.com/society...cted-in-barcelona-water-study-from-march-2019

And the plague continues in Belo Horizonte on the first day of the lockout due to the worsening of the coronavirus crisis.

Curral Mountain is hit by fire for 10 hours straight

The flames started in a vegetation near the hospital of Baleia, in the Center-South region of BH; according to firefighters, the affected area will be calculated

• Marina Avelar *, from R7
  • 29/06/2020 - 10h43 (Updated 29/06/2020 - 10h48)
  • JFegy5A.jpg
  • A major fire hit the Curral Mountain in the Center-South region of Belo Horizonte, for almost 10 straight hours. The fire was controlled at dawn on Monday (29).
  • According to the Fire Department, the fire started on Sunday afternoon (28), close to Baleia hospital, and spread quickly.
  • Also according to the corporation, 27 military personnel and six fire engines participated in the fight against the flames. The Forest Fire Fighting Squad also helped with the occurrence.
  • The military said there were no casualties and that houses close to the site were not affected. The causes of the fire have not yet been revealed and the size of the affected area will be calculated.

Source: https://noticias.r7.com/minas-gerai...r-incendio-durante-10-horas-seguidas-29062020

Covid cases by province in Europe. It's interactive.
https://www.infodata.ilsole24ore.co...le24Ore&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1593406676

Almost 80% of deaths linked to Covid-19 in Europe were in people over 75 https://wsj.com/articles/new-data-reveal-just-how-deadly-covid-19-is-for-the-elderly-11593250200?shareToken=st980d905a335e4c75b0d5c61695508257 via @WSJ

Biggest block being infected in U.S. today? 20-29 year olds. Probably most don't see their grandparents, so perhaps the impact will be minimal in terms of fatalities

Covid cases by province in Europe. It's interactive.
https://www.infodata.ilsole24ore.co...le24Ore&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1593406676

Almost 80% of deaths linked to Covid-19 in Europe were in people over 75 https://wsj.com/articles/new-data-reveal-just-how-deadly-covid-19-is-for-the-elderly-11593250200?shareToken=st980d905a335e4c75b0d5c61695508257 via @WSJ

Biggest block being infected in U.S. today? 20-29 year olds. Probably most don't see their grandparents, so perhaps the impact will be minimal in terms of fatalities

Except the ICUs are filling up in Texas and Arizona. Florida we have a bit of breathing room yet but not for long.

A scandal is developing here in the U.S. surrounding "contract tracers"... apparently if one of your relatives test positive (guy who brought this issue to Twitter's attention said it was his girlfriend's brother-in-law that tested positive), you and your entire family all contacted and are assumed to have the virus. It's entered into the system as such. Even if you have zero symptoms.

What does this do the overall count? Think it might be inflated?

Also, there are reports of folks (especially parents) being bombarded with vaccination questions when visiting their doctors. I personally have experienced this regarding the standard flu shot over the past two years or so (with a ratcheting up of "encouragement" each subsequent visit), now it is next level harassment with Covid leading some to wonder if physicians aren't being financially rewarded by big pharma for pushing this mindset-- even though there is no vaccine available currently.

Also, I had to call the office of a local infectious disease doctor in my city because he went on the radio and breathlessly warned everyone about the sky-rocketing numbers of infection. What he didn't mention is that we averaged thirty fatalities a day in April and we are at about three now. I told him he was acting improperly given his position of expertise... because he wasn't telling the entire story.

________
________

Please see Twitter feed for Daniel Bobinski for verification on contact tracing issue

[FONT=&quot]Exposure to the common cold could provide some measure of immunity to Covid-19, a new study suggests.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The key to this immunity lies in T-cells, a type of white blood cell that helps the immune system fight off viruses, which experts believe may have just as important a role to play as antibodies in fighting off the virus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Researchers at Tubingen University in Germany compared blood cells from patients who had recovered from Covid-19 with those that had not had the disease.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Their research, published on the pre-print server Research Square and not peer reviewed, showed that 81 per cent of the 185 people they tested who had not had the disease had a T-cell response to Sars-Cov-2, the virus that causes Covid-19.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And this immune response was linked to previous exposure to common cold coronaviruses, the researchers found.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exposure-common-cold-could-immunity-070636122.html[/FONT]

Well, I'm constantly getting colds, so I guess that's now a good sign?

This thread has been viewed 690673 times.

Back