Health New Coronavirus in China

I'm scared. I'm guarding myself because of stress. Despite this, I just checked the latest data update on notifications of new cases and deaths all over the world. The red alert is already on. The situation is tense. We are in war. We cannot deceive ourselves. At least, in the short and medium term, the situation will not be resolved and we can wait for much suffering yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

just deleted

President Trump said he's considering a quarantine in parts of the Tri-State area.

Governor Cuomo: “... This would be a Federal Declaration of War on states."

The Yankees (New York - New Jersey - Connecticut) vs the Feds :grin:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergei...d-be-federal-declaration-of-war/#5e1df9ad2292

What about the states that aren’t testing enough? Should they not be pressured to do more testing? What about the states that haven’t really enforced a lockdown?

I'm scared. I'm guarding myself because of stress. Despite this, I just checked the latest data update on notifications of new cases and deaths all over the world. The red alert is already on. The situation is tense. We are in war. We cannot deceive ourselves. At least, in the short and medium term, the situation will not be resolved and we can wait for much suffering yet.

Forza, Duarte.

Our parents and grandparents endured so much, and they survived it. Mine lived through a war, an invasion, a civil war, to be left with a country almost leveled to the ground, full of hunger and disease, and they suffered many personal losses, and yet they rebuilt, and with a song on their lips for their children. We must do the same.

With good sense and sound public health measures both governmentally and personally, I don't think it will be as bad as some fear.

This storm will pass too, and if the world changes, perhaps some of it is for the better, and what has to be fixed will be fixed.

Un forte abbraccio.

This is just idiotic...

Louisiana pastor holds services despite gatherings ban

https://apnews.com/21cb04e62aba8144ee0672883dc6eddb

Is it no wonder?:

Gov. Edwards: Louisiana has the highest initial growth rate in COVID-19 cases in the world

https://wgno.com/news/health/corona...l-growth-rate-in-covid-19-cases-in-the-world/

Cuomo said today that kids are still playing basketball and other contact sports on NYC playgrounds, and that if it doesn't stop they will close them.

Unbelievable.

They at least have the excuse of youth, but this guy is middle-aged. I don't get, either, how the parents seem to have no control over these kids.

I was waiting for it, et voila'...

Poorer areas are harder hit, and the reason is racism.

First of all, the mental midget who said so knows nothing about New York neighborhoods. Some of the hardest hit areas in Brooklyn are not Hispanic or black but Orthodox Jewish. Why? Each family has LOTS of kids, so lots of crowding, and they were late in closing the synagogues and yeshivas, where many of the men go for hours every day.

As for the rest, people in the inner city ghettos are the unhealthiest people in the population, with high cigarette use, high drug and alcohol use, poor nutrition low on fruits and vegetables and high on fast foods, and there's lots of diabetes and heart disease as well. Of course their rates are going to be high. Those are also among the most crowded areas of the city, where subway use is the most concentrated, and where all the damn kids are still roaming the streets and playing hoop.

Most of the time, other than a person or two jogging occasionally, or taking their dogs out for a walk, my neighborhood looks like all the people have been killed and just the houses are standing. I haven't seen a teenager in more than a week. Parents have to take some responsibility, and I'm glad to see that in my town, at least, they're doing just that.

What a The Federal Government shall provide the necessary and logistical support bout the states that aren’t testing enough? Should they not be pressured to do more testing? What about the states that haven’t really enforced a lockdown?

In this case the Feds can ask, but the states decide (“states' rights”)

President Trump almost overstepped his authority.

... it’s all debatable :)

Pelosi said, ..........that the states ( governors ) will do what they must and trump cannot dictate what they need to do

You need to put priests, ministers, rabbi etc in jail like we do in australia if they break the law

Shumë faleminderit, Albania

I wish we could do more for our good neighbors......hopefully the other EU members can provide a meaningful help for Italy.

They are increased by 15 days in Spain, only the unpredictable will be open, so most factories and many other sectors will close for 15 days to further reduce mobility.

Many supermarkets have put € 30 as a minimum expense to prevent some people from using the excuse of buying to get out of the house.

Furthermore, the regional government of Catalonia finally puts aside identity issues and begs the central government to please the army go to Catalonia. The army would have gone anyway, but from the beginning there were many identity-type complaints, and I imagine the central government was waiting for the separatists to finally catch on and put the nonsense aside.

It is...

If it was my president I was totally Fed up with it, the last thing any country on earth needs is an adhd type of government right now.

I bet that Cuomo behind the scenes is totally freaking out....need: 30000 ventilators, initial getting 400......ok now 4000 (may be outdated right now, I don't know).

POTUS:
“I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators,” Mr. Trump said Thursday night, discussing an urgent request from Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York. “You know, you’re going to major hospitals sometimes, they’ll have two ventilators. And now, all of a sudden, they’re saying, can we order 30,000 ventilators?”

It's not of my business. And my family members say it is out of your control. It is of course.....but this all makes no sense to me.....(and kind of speechless).

add the 'latest news'

Last edited:
Back in Italy

Coronavirus battles and war.
the statistics of Europe's small countries show extreme high infection
the statistics of Italy are, well not good someone could say,
but
Somewhere in Padova Italy we see something that gives us all hope,
the small village of Vo' Euganeo.
there at 14 Days they achieved a big battle against Corona,
they decrease the infection to 0,30%
something that noone else in the world achieved before.

https://www.science20.com/robert_wa..._euganeo_at_record_speed_90_to_0_new_cases_in

I do not know how they achieve this,
Surely they are the prototypon for imitation,
a short study of their methods,
and hard imitation could help us all.

Watch out with gel alcohol. Do not handle too close to heat or fire. It produces an invisible flame when exposed to fire. The video is spoken in Spanish, but the images say more than a thousand words. Attention to the children at home.

Pelosi said, ..........that the states ( governors ) will do what they must and trump cannot dictate what they need to do

You need to put priests, ministers, rabbi etc in jail like we do in australia if they break the law

technically the Executive (The President) in a super emergency declaration trumps :) the Governors

... It's better for everyone if they all get along!

... so Australia throws Priests in jail, ... wtf is wrong with ...

Cuomo has explained over and over again that 30,000 ventilators may not ultimately be needed in New York State. All a responsible executive can do is listen to what the epidemiologists are saying, and then plan accordingly. He is using multiple models, one from Cornell; those models do projections based on current data. For example, if the rate continues to double and triple every day there would be a need at the apex of the curve for 30,000 ventilators. He is trying to do all that is possible to flatten the curve. The flatter the curve, the fewer ventilators that would be needed all at one time. Under no plan would 3,000 ventilators have been enough. So, he bought a few thousand, and the federal government gave him 4,000 more. There's no way he or anyone else can predict with precise accuracy how many will be needed. A good executive plans for the worst, not the best. If, at the end, all the measures that he put in place for social distancing flatten the curve really fast and they weren't needed, so sue him, as he said. :)

Second point: As Governor Cuomo explains here starting at 37:09, the Federal Government "doesn't have" 30,000 ventilators to give him should the need arise. Nobody has that kind of stockpile. There are "some" in the Federal stockpile, but far fewer than that, and the Feds have to think about the entire nation's needs. Obviously, Cuomo is the Governor of New York, and he has to advocate for the people of his state. His earlier solution was to propose for a "rolling stockpile", where the the federal government would send them to areas that are hotspots, and when that need subsided, they would go elsewhere. Given we now know Covid 19 patients stay on ventilators for up to 21 days I don't know if that's tenable any longer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt1kXnH4Qi8

My mother is not expendable...bring down the fear...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-u2u-YzYw8

iFvn1jb.png
[/

Back in Italy

Coronavirus battles and war.
the statistics of Europe's small countries show extreme high infection
the statistics of Italy are, well not good someone could say,
but
Somewhere in Padova Italy we see something that gives us all hope,
the small village of Vo' Euganeo.
there at 14 Days they achieved a big battle against Corona,
they decrease the infection to 0,30%
something that noone else in the world achieved before.

https://www.science20.com/robert_wa..._euganeo_at_record_speed_90_to_0_new_cases_in

I do not know how they achieve this,
Surely they are the prototypon for imitation,
a short study of their methods,
and hard imitation could help us all.

I posted about it above.

""The pillars of our strategy to manage the health emergency were quarantine and testing".

At the end of the first mass screening on 29 February, three percent of the population resulted positive, and put under mandatory confinement at home.

"Those who tested positive were contacted directly by the health district: carriers with no symptoms or those with mild symptoms were quarantined at home, while those showing more serious symptoms (e.g. high fever) were immediately hospitalised" says Turetta.

"The carriers who remained at home were called several times a day to make sure they were abiding the quarantine, and to check their conditions, such as their body temperature".

Regardless of the test results, all residents were invited to stay at home and limit their movements as much as they could, just to the supermarket or the pharmacy.

The strategy worked.

As of Monday (23 March), the spread of the illness has stopped, and there are no new infections. Some media reported that a new infection was found in Vo' last Thursday night [19 March] but Turetta confirms EUobserver that it was actually referred to one of the few carriers left found on 8 March.
https://euobserver.com/coronavirus/147848

This was a controlled test in a city of 3,000 people. In huge metropolitan areas they’d need an incredible number of test kits, which aren’t yet available.

South Korea was able to do this, and although they still had thousands of cases, it seems to be under control. They were helped by the fact that the first people who presented with symptoms were all members of some religious cult with close ties to Wuhan. The testing was concentrated on those members and, through contact tracing, people with whom they had come into contact. Then, as time passed, testing widened out. Also, of course, it's a mask culture. They learned their lesson during the SARS outbreak from China.

Cuomo has explained over and over again that 30,000 ventilators may not ultimately be needed in New York State. All a responsible executive can do is listen to what the epidemiologists are saying, and then plan accordingly. He is using multiple models, one from Cornell; those models do projections based on current data. For example, if the rate continues to double and triple every day there would be a need at the apex of the curve for 30,000 ventilators. He is trying to do all that is possible to flatten the curve. The flatter the curve, the fewer ventilators that would be needed all at one time. Under no plan would 3,000 ventilators have been enough. So, he bought a few thousand, and the federal government gave him 4,000 more. There's no way he or anyone else can predict with precise accuracy how many will be needed. A good executive plans for the worst, not the best. If, at the end, all the measures that he put in place for social distancing flatten the curve really fast and they weren't needed, so sue him, as he said. :)

Second point: As Governor Cuomo explains here starting at 37:09, the Federal Government "doesn't have" 30,000 ventilators to give him should the need arise. Nobody has that kind of stockpile. There are "some" in the Federal stockpile, but far fewer than that, and the Feds have to think about the entire nation's needs. Obviously, Cuomo is the Governor of New York, and he has to advocate for the people of his state. His earlier solution was to propose for a "rolling stockpile", where the the federal government would send them to areas that are hotspots, and when that need subsided, they would go elsewhere. Given we now know Covid 19 patients stay on ventilators for up to 21 days I don't know if that's tenable any longer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt1kXnH4Qi8

My mother is not expendable...bring down the fear...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-u2u-YzYw8

iFvn1jb.png
[/

You can hear, see, feel that Cuomo is the right man on the right place to do the right thing now!(IMO). I wish his office was oval....but just a personal remark...

This thread has been viewed 692673 times.

Back