Upcoming Reich Lab paper on Viminacium etc

To me this is flood of the Balkans with Slavic genes. I stay behind what I said. I don’t see anything offensive for other members. I am not excluding Albanians from this.

The flood
In the greek islands it was small though:)
:unsure:
What is the explanation in albanians
Were there any slavic tribes there
Because albanian speak paleo-balkan language
Not slavic one like bulgarians and serbs :unsure:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sla...dia/File:Slavic_migrations_to_the_Balkans.png

The islands of the Saronic Gulf, the South of Euboea, The northern half of Andros and in parts of Kerkyra and of one or a couple more of the rest of the Ionian islands. That's all of the migrations/resettlements I think, not including various smaller movements of single or more families/people that found their way to other islands but that was not something exclusive to them. Mainlanders and or other ethnicities moved too.
Thanks for coming to the rescue brother :LOL:

I?m about to be banned for provocation when I simply tried to answer kingjohn that yes, Mainland Greeks (together with Arvanites) did move to the islands, thus leading to an increase of North East European admixture.

Oh, I?m accused also of claiming that Greece has only Arvanites. Wow! I?m outta here.

Thanks for coming to the rescue brother :LOL:

I�m about to be banned for provocation when I simply tried to answer kingjohn that yes, Mainland Greeks (together with Arvanites) did move to the islands, thus leading to an increase of North East European admixture.

Oh, I�m accused also of claiming that Greece has only Arvanites. Wow! I�m outta here.

You will not be banned dont worry
You came with good will
And answere my question ... (y)

The baltic component in mainland greeks
And albanians are pretty close
And cyclades islanders and cretans had to get it from somewhere....:unsure:

To me this is flood of the Balkans with Slavic genes. I stay behind what I said. I don’t see anything offensive for other members. I am not excluding Albanians from this.

The flood
In the greek islands it was small though:)
:unsure:
What is the explanation in albanians
Were there any slavic tribes there
Because albanian speak paleo-balkan language
Not slavic one like bulgarians and serbs :unsure:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sla...dia/File:Slavic_migrations_to_the_Balkans.png

Explanation is simple, Albanians were Highlanders, Slavs flooded the lowlands they were farmers.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

You will not be banned dont worry
You came with good will
And answere my question ... (y)
The baltic component in mainland greeks
And albanians are pretty close
And cyclades islanders and cretans had to get it from somewhere....:unsure:
Going through old topics trying to learn something, I?ve never seen that many Albanian members banned in my life. It?s like literally 95% are banned. I?m not gonna participate anymore if she?s around the corner waiting to click that perma ban button.

But yes, I share the opinion that part (big or not) Baltic/North East component came with Northern and Mainland Greeks, as well as Arvanites and Vlachs.

Let?s not forget that many islands were controlled by the Venetians for a long time and we know that they settled Albanian stradioti/mercenaries there. Considering the areas they controlled, they might have brought Croatians/South Slavs as well since they were also being recruited along with Albanians. Just my 2 cents.

Going through old topics trying to learn something, I�ve never seen that many Albanian members banned in my life. It�s like literally 95% are banned. I�m not gonna participate anymore if she�s around the corner waiting to click that perma ban button.

But yes, I share the opinion that part (big or not) Baltic/North East component came with Northern and Mainland Greeks, as well as Arvanites and Vlachs.

Let�s not forget that many islands were controlled by the Venetians for a long time and we know that they settled Albanian stradioti/mercenaries there. Considering the areas they controlled, they might have brought Croatians/South Slavs as well since they were also being recruited along with Albanians. Just my 2 cents.

https://brill.com/view/book/edcoll/9789004425613/BP000009.xml

Topping, P. , “Albanian settlements in Medieval Greece: Some Venetian testimonies”, in A.E. Laiou-Thomadakis

In 1402, the Venetian Senate informed the Bailo of Euboea that all those Albanians and “others” dwelling on the opposite mainland, who desired, could settle in the vicinity of Negroponte, receiving state lands and exempted from any form of drudgery

Going through old topics trying to learn something, I�ve never seen that many Albanian members banned in my life. It�s like literally 95% are banned. I�m not gonna participate anymore if she�s around the corner waiting to click that perma ban button. ....
Being a lurker (and then member) for years here and in other similar forums where the same banned members used to frequent I have to say that being obssesed with others (mostly Greeks but also other Balkan ethnicities ) , constantly trolling and bringing the Fallmerayer theory in each and every thread even tangentially related to the Balkans certainly doesn't help with ones membership status.

Being a lurker (and then member) for years here and in other similar forums where the same banned members used to frequent I have to say that being obssesed with others (mostly Greeks but also other Balkan ethnicities ) , constantly trolling and bringing the Fallmerayer theory in each and every thread even tangentially related to the Balkans certainly doesn't help with ones membership status.
Similarly, I do not deserve to be treated poorly on the basis of collective guilt. I represent only myself.

I recently received my DNA test and I?m here to learn, I ask questions politely, I contribute only and only when I have something to say (following the quote attributed to Plato, an Ancient Greek).

That aside, if you?re familiar with calculators (unlike myself that I don?t even know where to begin), have you ever wondered to calculate North Italians/French/Basques using an Imperial Rome/Gallo-Roman + ancient North East European (or modern) + something else?

I?m really confused by the available data as I?m trying to digest genetic information all at once and lots of data is contradicting.

Who am I to believe, Eupedia?s Dodecad K12 calculator or the scientific papers (constantly being accused here as riddled with errors) calculators?

What is the actual Slavic input in Albania and Greece, 5-10-15% or 30-40%?
East-European-admixture.gif

Attachments

• East-European-admixture.gif
    East-European-admixture.gif
    64.3 KB · Views: 155
The truth is in academic papers
The problem is that somtimes
Different academic papers contradict
Eachother:rolleyes:
One saying the slavic admixture is 5-14%
In south greece
And the roman danubian limes paper
Which say in mainland greeks
The north east european ancestery is 30%
Albanians should be close more or less:unsure:

Can someone calculate (in the future if data is not available) the admixture of the so-called locals of Viminacium by using Roman Era Marathon/Aegean/BA Northern Greek/IA Bulgaria and any ancient/medieval North East European as sources?

Can someone calculate (in the future if data is not available) the admixture of the so-called locals of Viminacium by using Roman Era Marathon/Aegean/BA Northern Greek/IA Bulgaria and any ancient/medieval North East European as sources?

maybe in anthrogenica they can help you
they know how to play with ancient genomes:wink:
it will be hard for them to use the marathon roman era sample though
since this paper isn't published yet

so no one has the bam file of this specific individual :unsure:

Let's say that as new samples are discovered, conclusions have to be altered. Only if two papers come out at the same time about the same samples do they contradict each other.

Plus, I want to hear what Lazaridis has to say.

The Reich Lab papers haven't been the same since he and Patterson went quiet.

Let's say that as new samples are discovered, conclusions have to be altered. Only if two papers come out at the same time about the same samples do they contradict each other.

Plus, I want to hear what Lazaridis has to say.

The Reich Lab papers haven't been the same since he and Patterson went quiet.

That's true, probably because they were too outspoken and got issued a gag order. However, I also think that they are preparing something big, because a corrected position on how PIE came up (with North Caucasian CHG, not Iranian related for the most part), from the Lower Don (not further East) and Corded Ware being the main source and group, with the rest being, for the most part Western steppe.
Also how the Greek colonisation and many replacement scenarios took place might be more controversial as well.

That's true, probably because they were too outspoken and got issued a gag order. However, I also think that they are preparing something big, because a corrected position on how PIE came up (with North Caucasian CHG, not Iranian related for the most part), from the Lower Don (not further East) and Corded Ware being the main source and group, with the rest being, for the most part Western steppe.
Also how the Greek colonisation and many replacement scenarios took place might be more controversial as well.

It's off topic, but the difference between Iranian farmer and CHG is exceedingly small.

It's just that Eurogenes can't bear the thought that the Indo-Europeans had ancestry which could in any way have the word "Iranian" attached to it.

Of course, imo I think it's now clear that Corded Ware was mostly hunter-gatherer EHG with some added European farmer, and Indo-Europeanized, not really Indo-European, a position which I'm surprised Eurogenes hasn't adopted, because it would get rid of that problem for him. :)

It's off topic, but the difference between Iranian farmer and CHG is exceedingly small.

It's just that Eurogenes can't bear the thought that the Indo-Europeans had ancestry which could in any way have the word "Iranian" attached to it.

Of course, imo I think it's now clear that Corded Ware was mostly hunter-gatherer EHG with some added European farmer, and Indo-Europeanized, not really Indo-European, a position which I'm surprised Eurogenes hasn't adopted, because it would get rid of that problem for him. :)

Its actually possible that Iranian_Neolithic (Transcaucasian after the Mesolithic) entered the PIE gene pool, but in smaller numbers, rather. Concerning CW, there is no other culture as obviously IE as Corded Ware. Not even Yamnaya is that clearly associated with IE speech. The real question for me is, when Corded Ware branched off from Yamnaya.

Version A:
Sredny Stog (PPIE)
Yamnaya (dead) <-> Western steppe (PIE)
Cernavoda (Proto-Anatolian) <-> Corded Ware (LPIE)

Or

Version B:
Sredny Stog (PPIE)
Cernavoda (Proto-Anatolian) <-> Yamnaya-Corded Ware (LPIE)
Yamnaya (Greco-Armenian, Tocharian) <-> Corded Ware (remaining IE)

That's still unresolved. But Sredny Stog itself most likely developed around the Sea of Azow, the Lower Don and Middle Don, probably being associated with the Lower Don culture. Whether it was version A or B, an be resolved by testing Cernavoda and related groups, as well as real early Anatolian speakers. If those are paternally closer to Corded Ware, Yamnaya is unlikely to have been a later branching event and is therefore more likely to be dead, without having left linguistic descendents. If on the other hand Yamnaya is closer to Corded Ware, the opposite is more likely.
Its not definitive that way, but it would be a hint. So far it looks that other Western steppe groups, like Usatovo, are definitely closer to Corded Ware than Yamnaya.
That's the last open question. Going by the uniparentals, the development towards PPIE most likely started at the Lower Don, possibly within the Lower Don culture. But clearly, the important phase was already Sredny Stog.

This thread has been viewed 34856 times.

Back