Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: connection between 3,9 ka pharao and Levantine PPNC

3 members found this post helpful.

connection between 3,9 ka pharao and Levantine PPNC

Ted Kendall :

Everyone, meet Nakht-Ankh from Shashotep, Egypt. He lived sometime between 1991 BCE – 1802 BCE. He was the son of the Lady Khnum-Aa, and the older brother of Khnum-Nakht.
    He's Y-DNA H-Y21618* and mtDNA M1a1* + G8251A, G16145A.
    He's the earliest person who we can name in all of human history whose Y and mtDNA haplogroups we can identify.
    Nakht-Ankh was a contemporary of the Bell Beakers in Britain, the Minoans, and the Indus Valley Civilization in South Asia. He lived 100 years before Hammurabi of Babylon.
    I reanalyzed his Y SNPs using the YFull haplogroups and he's derived for 2 F* SNPs, Z19004 and Z18865 in H-P96, and BY44412 in H-Y21618. He's ancestral for G*, IJ* and K* SNPs and for Z19117 in H-Y19962 which is the immediate subgroup of H-Y21618.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0
    Haplogroup H2-P96 may be a very surprising result for Egypt. It's never been seen among Egyptians today. H2 is closely associated with the Northwest Anatolian and European Neolithic. However, H2 was also found in a Pre-Pottery Neolithic C Levantine individual from about 9000 ybp. It seems like some Levantine Neolithic and Chalcolithic people made it to Egypt at the start of Egyptian civilization. Since he's ancestral for H-Y19962, he's not in the European subclade of H-P96.
    The study wasn't able to identify his or his brother Khnum-Nakht's Y haplogroups, but they were able to get their mtDNA haplotype, proving that they were at least half-brothers.
    http://xn--c1acc6aafa1c.xn--p1ai/wp-...tian-mummy.pdf
    — with Ilias Housse and 9 others at Asyut Governorate.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/H/

this farao lived during the middle kingdom

this is before the arrival of the Hyksos or any other known large group of immigrants into Egypt

the Cushites were herding and hunter tribes in NE Africa, known from archeological evidence since 5,2 ka (Afar triangle)
    their autosomal was Levantine PPNB, but they all were identified as subclades of E1b1b1, none of them H2

Ethnic group
    Italian

Great new info. So, basically Levantine in terms of yDna.

Is there any autosomal available?

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

1 members found this post helpful.
    no mention of autosomal in the pdf
    http://xn--c1acc6aafa1c.xn--p1ai/wp-...tian-mummy.pdf

my guess is related to the Cushites - PPNB Levant, prior to any chalcolithic or bronze age (CHG/Iran Neo) admixture in the Levant

the mtDNA M1 probably arrived even before : paleo- or mesolithic

Ethnic group
    Multiracial Brazilian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Despite all the discussions about the "race" of Ancient Egyptians, I think it is increasingly clear that even if no massive post-Neolithic migration from the Levant took place, Mesolithic Egypt was probably already on the northeasternmost (i.e. most Natufian-like) end of a genetic cline running from Iberomaurusian-like to Natufian-like on the west/east axis and from Natufian-like to indigenous Ari-like and Dinka-like in East Africa proper. By the late Neolithic, as we can see even as far south as Kenya and Tanzania a mix of Sudanese-like with Levant_PPNB-like components was present, we can assume that the Levant_PPNB-like ancestry was found in much higher proportions thousands of kilometers to the north much close to the Levant. I'm sure some Subsaharan African admixture also admixed in that northeasternmost part of Africa, but all the evidences increasingly point to a lot of West Eurasian ancestry there since the beginning of the Neolithic at least (and probably since before, because as far as I know there are no major signs of cultural discontinuity in Egypt between the Mesolithic and the Neolithic).

Quote Originally Posted by Ygorcs View Post
    Despite all the discussions about the "race" of Ancient Egyptians, I think it is increasingly clear that even if no massive post-Neolithic migration from the Levant took place, Mesolithic Egypt was probably already on the northeasternmost (i.e. most Natufian-like) end of a genetic cline running from Iberomaurusian-like to Natufian-like on the west/east axis and from Natufian-like to indigenous Ari-like and Dinka-like in East Africa proper. By the late Neolithic, as we can see even as far south as Kenya and Tanzania a mix of Sudanese-like with Levant_PPNB-like components was present, we can assume that the Levant_PPNB-like ancestry was found in much higher proportions thousands of kilometers to the north much close to the Levant. I'm sure some Subsaharan African admixture also admixed in that northeasternmost part of Africa, but all the evidences increasingly point to a lot of West Eurasian ancestry there since the beginning of the Neolithic at least (and probably since before, because as far as I know there are no major signs of cultural discontinuity in Egypt between the Mesolithic and the Neolithic).
    the 'green Sahara' was interrupted by the 8,2 ka climate event which lasted some 400 years
    before the 8,2 ka climate event the 'green Sahara' was full of HG
    during the 8,2 ka climate event the 'green Sahara' was dried up and empty
    after the 8,2 ka climate event the 'green Sahara' was full of milk-consuming herders with cattle
    they must have been the Levantine PPNB (E1b1b1) people
    ca 5,5 ka the Green Sahara came to an end, the Sahara became deserted again and the population started to grow in the Nile valley
    a few centuries later unification of the Nile Valley was acomplished, that was the birth of ancient Egypt
    all circumstantial evidence points to Levantine PPNB people

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

I have added them to the page on famous mtDNA and famous Y-DNA.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

We need a paper focused on a mummy dating to no older than the 24th century B.C. and being no younger than Djehutynakht's. Maybe both.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    the 'green Sahara' was interrupted by the 8,2 ka climate event which lasted some 400 years
    before the 8,2 ka climate event the 'green Sahara' was full of HG
    during the 8,2 ka climate event the 'green Sahara' was dried up and empty
    after the 8,2 ka climate event the 'green Sahara' was full of milk-consuming herders with cattle
    they must have been the Levantine PPNB (E1b1b1) people
    ca 5,5 ka the Green Sahara came to an end, the Sahara became deserted again and the population started to grow in the Nile valley
    a few centuries later unification of the Nile Valley was acomplished, that was the birth of ancient Egypt
    all circumstantial evidence points to Levantine PPNB people
    The timing is congruent with the development of my Y-DNA, see formed and TMRCA:

Does anyone know what the relationship is between Nakht-Ankh's H2 subclade and ancient H2 samples from Europe?

There is a common perception that business class flights that are offered on international flights are very expensive and are only fit for the rich. If you are a regular flier you can avail the comforts of these flights as there are many airlines that are offering affordable rates for you to opt for. You get more privileges than flying coach and the personal care amenities are better.
    The accommodation in a business class flight is better than the regular class accommodation that is offered by airlines currently. The seats in this class give you the option to lie flat whereas the seats in the regular class allow you to just recline a bit. In the business class there are three types of seats that are designed for the regular traveler. The nature of your travel will decide the type of seat that you opt for. If you are traveling on flight for long distances you can opt for the seats that allow you to recline throughout the journey on long

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Quote Originally Posted by emmacharlote View Post
    There is a common perception that business class flights that are offered on international flights are very expensive and are only fit for the rich. If you are a regular flier you can avail the comforts of these flights as there are many airlines that are offering affordable rates for you to opt for. You get more privileges than flying coach and the personal care amenities are better.
    The accommodation in a business class flight is better than the regular class accommodation that is offered by airlines currently. The seats in this class give you the option to lie flat whereas the seats in the regular class allow you to just recline a bit. In the business class there are three types of seats that are designed for the regular traveler. The nature of your travel will decide the type of seat that you opt for. If you are traveling on flight for long distances you can opt for the seats that allow you to recline throughout the journey on long

And so... ?