New LivingDNA results

Ancestry does not ship its kits to Spain, Myheritage says it is half regular.

23andMe if you ship to Spain ;)

Well, this is funny. I just received now the more new update of Living DNA (the first update was from february, 5th. The second update is from today). I lost all my SSA and becomes more Arab (north-african + Arabian). alhamd lilah (الحمد لله) LOL :)

The company offers lucky tickets with its new panels, now the Iberian Oriental percentage drops because it does. And obviously it is worse than the previous estimate.
The only results I have are a free charge and have not received an update, but I will not pay.

screencapture-my-livingdna-dashboard-2019-11-13-23-17-34.png

a greek cypriot
living dna results i saw after the update :)
not sure if he uploaded raw data or test with saliva kit ....:unsure:

europe south:80.8%

cyprus: 68.4%
aegean:12.3%

near east : 19.2%
levant : 16.5%
arabia: 2.8%

frisii.jpg

I'm still get the ancient Saxon England connection (almost 50%!), only the Germanic part is more precise.

a greek cypriot
living dna results i saw after the update :)
not sure if he uploaded raw data or test with saliva kit ....:unsure:

europe south:80.8%

cyprus: 68.4%
aegean:12.3%

near east : 19.2%
levant : 16.5%
arabia: 2.8%

That's not too bad for a Greek Cypriot.

View attachment 11845

I'm still get the ancient Saxon England connection (almost 50%!), only the Germanic part is more precise.
Yeah, that’s going to take some time to separate British Frisian Decendants from Dutch Frisian populations. The Frisian were one of the tribes that migrated to England after the Romans withdrew.
Got to admit though, it’s sure interesting that you match folks from Former Wessex. 🤔
Im sure that once LivingDNA breaks Holland up into separate populations, your British Admixture will disappear. :)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisians#Migration_to_England_and_Scotland

Here is my updated Ancestry, LivingDNA got my British Isles results to match up with my documented Ancestry overall, I have more Irish Admixture and less Highland Scots LivingDNA admixture than in my papertrail ancestry though; Dal Riata Kingdom maybe?
I’m curious to see where LivingDNA is getting their French Admixture from, most of my German Ancestry seems to be hiding in my French results. 🤔

Your recent ancestry results

• Great Britain and Ireland

76.4%

• Ireland
        21.8%

• East Anglia
        21.8%

• South Yorkshire
        12.1%

• Southeast England
        6.6%

• Northumbria
        6.1%

• North Wales
        1.9%

• South England
        1.8%

• South Central England
        1.7%

• Northwest Scotland
        1.5%

• South Wales
        1%

• Europe (North and West)

23.6%

• France
        18.2%

• Northwest Germanic
        5.4%

Father's side:
been in North America for many generations, most arrived in early 1800's, so some uncertainty of origins
ethnic origins, in order of highest proportion to lowest: English, Scottish, Irish, Channel Islands (6/64), Germanic Alsatian/Swabian (2/64 or 3/64)

Mother's side:
parents immigrated from Britain
ethnic origins, in order of highest proportion to lowest: English, Scoto-Norman (2/64), Irish (1/64 or 2/64)

If my genealogy is right, I should have no more than about 2.5% Southwest Germanic ancestry, yet Living DNA gives me 6%. I have not been able to trace every line back but I see no hints of any more Germanic ancestry and not enough untraced lines to account for 6% South Germanic.

Living DNA results - original compared to updated.PNG

If I compare my results at a broader regional level, there is not much change after the update.
Living DNA results - original compared to updated [broader regions].PNG

This thread has been viewed 18380 times.

Back