Ethnic group
Thracian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7558 (LDNA)
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a1b
It seems that Living DNA is updating everybody's results. Here are mine:
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 22.07.54.png
Now they make sense. Usually the 29% of East Europe is on the East side of the Balkans but what the heck

Nice😉 you are pure northern greek by geneology?
did you lost some elements from before the update ?
Regards
Adam

I have checked the updated results of 7 Belgians. The good news is that the percentage of misattributed British ancestry has decreased from a range of 60~80% to 8~35% for most people, except two who still get 54% and 62%. The bad news is that the new results do not show any consistency with the old results. Many regional ancestries completely vanished or were reattributed to very different regions. For example one person with 8% of South European and 1.5% of Central Asian now turned up 100% North European. Another had his South European ancestry rise from 21% to 36%. Another had his South Italy and Iberia turned in part into North Italy and Tuscany and suddenly had 9% of Baltics out of nowhere. 6 out of 7 Belgians tested have 0% of French ancestry, but one has 49% (and he is half Flemish)! The whole thing doesn't make much sense considering that all these people have 100% recent Belgian ancestry and genetic variations aren't that big across this small country. There is still a lot of room for improvement.

Nice������ you are pure northern greek by geneology?
did you lost some elements from before the update ?
Regards
Adam
I am a Thracian by descent so I expect some Eastern Europe (Eastern Balkans). But they gave me Western Balkans for about 30%. They're getting close.
I lost Western Europe, Scandinavia, Mordovia, Askenazi Jews, Northern Turkey...the old one was a total mess.

I have checked the updated results of 7 Belgians. The good news is that the percentage of misattributed British ancestry has decreased from a range of 60~80% to 8~35% for most people, except two who still get 54% and 62%. The bad news is that the new results do not show any consistency with the old results. Many regional ancestries completely vanished or were reattributed to very different regions. For example one person with 8% of South European and 1.5% of Central Asian now turned up 100% North European. Another had his South European ancestry rise from 21% to 36%. Another had his South Italy and Iberia turned in part into North Italy and Tuscany and suddenly had 9% of Baltics out of nowhere. 6 out of 7 Belgians tested have 0% of French ancestry, but one has 49% (and he is half Flemish)! The whole thing doesn't make much sense considering that all these people have 100% recent Belgian ancestry and genetic variations aren't that big across this small country. There is still a lot of room for improvement.

FTDNA and Living DNA give me a relatively high percentage of British ancestry and MyHeritage of North and West Europe ancestry. Indeed, it is curious that Living DNA calls these results recent ancestry or that FTDNA and MyHeritage discribe the listed populations with the carateristics of modern Countries. For the large commercial DNA testing companies it is not very interesting to speak of ancient ancestry. It is better to say that this ancestry is British (quite generic) than from Celts who arrived in Iberia Peninsula and mixed with the local populations. I think that the form to display the results that they adopt is more intersting for them, comercialy speaking

Living DNA
2396Oer.jpg

FTDNA
GYu4MFF.jpg

MyHeritage
UpcpjcC.jpg

Surely it will happen depending on the beliefs that each one has. The genealogist that I have hired is from the province of Cádiz and explained to me that many clients were angry to say it in some way when he discovered that his ancestors were from Cantabria (montañeses), from northern Spain, others discovered that they were descended from a Genoese other than from a noble Too bad that so many archives in the province were indented, a few towns were saved from burning.

I had my LivingDNA results updated recently and I find them more accurate now. Less English and more German than before, as it should be based on the last 10 generations. They also added some northern Ireland & southwest Scotland that I felt was missing before. The results, however, are weighted more to southern Germany than northern, which is counter to what I would have expected.

South Italy 59.4%

Tuscany 24.9%

Aegean 15.7%

HSCBMLR.jpg

Nice salento
aegean power 👍
You score high tuscan roman genes 🤔😉

Nice salento
aegean power ������
You score high tuscan roman genes ������������

Thanks,

84.3% is in Italy and 15.7% is in Greece, Albania, Macedonia, ...

South Italy 59.4%

Tuscany 24.9%

Aegean 15.7%

HSCBMLR.jpg

Nice results, Salento :) I think that the new results are more resonable with my ethnic origins. They are staying getting better.

Europe:
fCeU1uT.jpg

LpBGEmh.jpg

rvMp5ym.jpg

Middle East:
dmnDM2z.jpg

39QjIAu.jpg

SSA:
VOTKsmW.jpg

You had to pay to get it. This map model did not have it, however it has helped me to compare it in my operation of deep investigations: "stolen child" with the maps of my haplogroup YDNA. In their pardoning and isolation of the Iberian they have given me a good clue to Find my father

recentAncestryLivingDNA.jpg

EBY7449tBY7566.JPEG

Refinitivo.jpg

carlos,
your results look logic (y)
was it upload of raw data or actual saliva living dna kit ?
i am asking my results with ftdna raw data upload ironically look more logic than living dna orion chip update ...
regards
adam

carlos,
your results look logic (y)
was it upload of raw data or actual saliva living dna kit ?
i am asking my results with ftdna raw data upload ironically look more logic than living dna orion chip update ...
regards
adam

It is a file uploaded to LivingDna not with a LivingDna test.

Logical with LivingDna, they have done what they have done, it has been good for me in my research since in a way it is the only map that matches those that I have put down with my haplogroup YDNA at least until Corsica. I obtained the raw data by loading in DNALand and then downloading it in the rough, LivingDNA does not allow it, but DNALAND does.

Bad in my case.
It succeeded in the rare undertaking to eliminate the only part of Italy of which I have direct roots. In all fairness - for now - I would not recommend it :/

84407288_1070567536624097_6881656533071953920_n.png

Nice results, Salento :) I think that the new results are more resonable with my ethnic origins. They are staying getting better.

Being you from Brazil with overwhelmingly Portuguese majority I think that 50% of the east of Iberia seems strange, is that correct?

^Carlos, your percentages are more "correct" but I remember reading that you have Aragonese ancestry with what you should have in the Iberian East, it seems that this company offers random results if so.

Being you from Brazil with overwhelmingly Portuguese majority I think that 50% of the east of Iberia seems strange, is that correct?

^Carlos, your percentages are more "correct" but I remember reading that you have Aragonese ancestry with what you should have in the Iberian East, it seems that this company offers random results if so.

Hi Dou.
Logically, more Ibero-Western was to be expected. But, considering that my best ancestral match is a medieval individual from Sant Julia da Ramis (Vahaduo Dodecad K12b, ancient) and my yDNA is R1b-DF27 (probably originated in the Pyrenees) I would say that everything is possible, especially if we think in terms of ancient migrations.

Man after having everything complete in FTDNA with results that have taken months, make me the Yfull e.t.c. If I now have to accept LivingDNA as the best result for me with a load of a file from another company in LivinDna and a minimum price compared to the cost and time of analysis of the other companies then well if you think so Of course not.

I have published the only maps that have seemed similar to LivinDna of everything I have mine, and the similarity is about my haplogroup dnaY

These years are going to be pick and shovel, pick and shovel, pick and shovel. We will end up burned. Tons of pop straw are being published. Companies are approaching some more than others, but perhaps 10 years are still missing,

At the moment I stay with FTDNA, MTA as serious companies considering the possible improvements for the future and the rest is fun, tons of straw pop e.t.c.

What do you want me to say? It is what it is.

Ancestry does not ship its kits to Spain, Myheritage says it is half regular.

Reactions: Dou
Well, this is funny. I just received now the more new update of Living DNA (the first update was from february, 5th. The second update is from today). I lost all my SSA and becomes more Arab (north-african + Arabian). alhamd lilah (الحمد لله) LOL :)

Mujnyqn.png

JibCyBj.png

TfgIkYG.png

This thread has been viewed 18377 times.

Back