Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
I respect your point of view; I just don't share it. I still maintain that different countries react differently when leaders push for extermination of groups of people. That's why Italy was so different from Germany during World War II. I'm confident of that, and I don't think I'm unduly influenced by the fact that so many of the horrors inflicted on Italians by the Germans took place in my own area, and that one of my distant cousins was sent to a concentration camp. I reveal all that in the interest of full disclosure.

If you don't see that, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Usually, I hope, when I sound harsh it's not in response to some genuine, agenda free poster with whom I just happen to disagree. After more years than I care to count in this field and on this site I know the posters, even when they are trying to disguise their identities by using sock accounts. You can't hide your "voice", if you know what I mean: your preoccupations, turns of phrase, etc. Sometimes they just list whole sentences from things they've posted before under other names. So, I give them short shrift.

I never mean to do that to honest posters like you. :) I'll try to be more conscious of that with "unknown" posters.
Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
I respect your point of view; I just don't share it. I still maintain that different countries react differently when leaders push for extermination of groups of people. That's why Italy was so different from Germany during World War II. I'm confident of that, and I don't think I'm unduly influenced by the fact that so many of the horrors inflicted on Italians by the Germans took place in my own area, and that one of my distant cousins was sent to a concentration camp. I reveal all that in the interest of full disclosure.

If you don't see that, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Usually, I hope, when I sound harsh it's not in response to some genuine, agenda free poster with whom I just happen to disagree. After more years than I care to count in this field and on this site I know the posters, even when they are trying to disguise their identities by using sock accounts. You can't hide your "voice", if you know what I mean: your preoccupations, turns of phrase, etc. Sometimes they just list whole sentences from things they've posted before under other names. So, I give them short shrift.

I never mean to do that to honest posters like you. :) I'll try to be more conscious of that with "unknown" posters.
:)

Let me agree with you on the fact that different countries react differently, I didn't say that this wasn't true. I had casualties in my own family, murdered by the fascist regime. I could also hate. However, I see that there's not just one blood thirsty nation with monopoly on brutality. There's also no excuse.