The Red Army raped every German woman between 8 and 80

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
With the knowledge and acquiescence of their superiors, I might add.

See:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2002/may/01/news.features11?CMP=share_btn_tw

I already knew this, but some of the detail from the book really impacted me. I can't even bring myself to quote it.

And people want to dispute the very idea it could have happened in ancient history, i.e. with the arrival of the steppe people?

Some of these ex-Soviet soldiers were contacted and quoted, and they are still proud of all the babies they created.

I have news for them, and for the German soldiers on Italian soil: a lot of those babies were aborted, and much as I dislike the idea of abortion, I completely understand it.

That's what partly makes me deny the idea that the bulk of the boom of steppe-related lineages was caused by mass rape of local women in Europe and parts of Asia. In many places the autosomal signal became just too strong to be the result of a massive but quick and passing wave of conquests, and I tend to think that most women wouldn't have had those babies of rapists anyway, or they would've had them, but wouldn't give them as much care as to their own desired children. If I'm not mistaken, a research years ago estimated the number of babies born due to rape to be far far lower than some had estimated before. I think most of what happened was also cruel, but in a different way: a much higher proportion of local men than women were murdered, leaving a gender imbalance behind, and the remaining male population became mostly low status, impoverished or perhaps in part even reduced to serfdom and/or slavery, so that they couldn't manage to have large offsprings (i.e. fewer children being born, fewer of those born surviving until adulthood) nor were they very competitive in the quest for women as the "steppe" males.

That's what partly makes me deny the idea that the bulk of the boom of steppe-related lineages was caused by mass rape of local women in Europe and parts of Asia. In many places the autosomal signal became just too strong to be the result of a massive but quick and passing wave of conquests, and I tend to think that most women wouldn't have had those babies of rapists anyway, or they would've had them, but wouldn't give them as much care as to their own desired children. If I'm not mistaken, a research years ago estimated the number of babies born due to rape to be far far lower than some had estimated before.[/QUOTE

It depends if they're passing through or if they stay for the long haul. If they stay, aborting their children might be your own death sentence, even if an abortion with the primitive tools and herbs at their disposal didn't kill you. There are also some women who wouldn't abort even the product of rape.

It also depends on the brutality of the situation. A young girl raped by twenty-five men is not going to have a child; maybe she'll never be able to have a child.

Not that I don't agree that a lot of the change in yDna might just be due to enslavement of the men and limiting their ability to procreate.

That's part of what always amuses me about the whole idea that huge percentages of people are descended from the slaves of Imperial Rome. Male slaves were fodder: mines, galleys, brutal conditions on latifundia. Yes, some in households might procreate with other slaves, but only with the approval of the owners. It wasn't slavery New World style, where some plantations were virtual breeding farms. I think that scenario is the absolute worst. These men raped their female slaves deliberately to create more slaves for themselves, slaves who were their own children but not at all treated that way. It's horrific. Slave women in Imperial Roman households might very well produce children for their owners too, but a lot of the more attractive ones wound up in brothels. How long did they last? I have a hunch those cemeteries for fetuses and newborns tells us what happened to their children. Why would the owners want to feed them, or lose the services of the women taking care of them?

Rape has been a function of war for as long as man has existed, I think. Look at the Balkans, or the Rape of Nanking, or the horrific number of rapes during the Indian partition, or in the African conflict between the Hutu and the Tutsis. In the Balkans, rape was a stated deliberate tactic, not only to demoralize the men on the other side, but to create people with more of the "preferred" ethnicity, an ethnicity virtually identical anyway. The madness of humanity was on full display.

I'm glad I was born when and where I was...

This is crazy. I always thought this was a myth. Guess Turks and Mongols taught Russians well.

This thread has been viewed 5721 times.

Back