Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you like to drink?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    They say that a little alcohol is good in moderation, right, it is not advisable in excess it could end one somewhat dizzy. hehehe
    I haven't drink alcohol for years now (6 years I think), with the exception of some sips of a home-made liquor a friend offered me to taste. Maybe when I get older I'll develop what I consider the natural appetite for things like a good wine, hahaha.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

Quote Originally Posted by José Mª View Post
    I haven't drink alcohol for years now (6 years I think), with the exception of some sips of a home-made liquor a friend offered me to taste. Maybe when I get older I'll develop what I consider the natural appetite for things like a good wine, hahaha.
    You left him at 12 years old (for your photos)
    It is a very topical or typical image to have a glass of wine, as an intimate and luxurious moment for me, having a glass of wine simply is like taking a purgative has to be eating.

I like to drink coffee the most and for liquors, I just drink beers.

I really like to drink hot chocolate, especially during the winter season.
    I really like to drink hot chocolate, especially during the winter season.

Lately, I only prefer strong drinks like whiskey or rum. I rarely drink them, but still. I don't like to mix.

Dominique_NUit

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a2b--PF6863
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV16

My taste is in wine is strictly Old World. If you want a tip on an obscure appellation, try Ruche di Castagnole Monferrato. However, if you're looking for bang for your buck, go with the Canary Islands. We're talking pre-phylloxera and volcanic soil.

I'm also a big fan of ciders. The Normans do it best. Look for stuff that's naturally fermented and unfiltered.

Aperitifs, I have to endorse Ricard. Exceptional product. The stories I could tell.

Digestifs, I'm an amaro man. My favorite is Vecchio Amaro del Capo, made by Caffo. Runner up is Amaro Braulio, from the Valtellina. In third place, Amaro Lucano from Basillicata.

For something made in the good ole USA, I suggest Black Fig Vodka. It drinks like a liqueur. https://blackinfusions.com/black-fig

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

Tito’s is the only alcoholic beverage that shouldn’t disappear! If mankind had to choose which brand should survive an alcoholic beverage apocalypse, Tito’s will be triumphant!
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

Ethnic group
    Celtic

It is very pleasant to drink icy Ballantine`s

Whiskey and rom

Ethnic group
    Northern European

1 members found this post helpful.
    I've been known to drink a whole bottle of cabernet or merlot in one sitting. I like Leroux Polish style blackberry brandy and/or Apfelkorn in the winter..Both on the rocks, in a whiskey glass. I'll also dip into my bourbon collection and drink Buffalo Trace or Weller once in awhile. I haven't drank beer in some time but on a hot day I'll drink some ice cold Einstok beer from Iceland. It's nice and crisp.

My paternal grandfather on the other hand loved to drink Scotch all day long in his office. He'd start off the day with vodka and orange juice and work his way into the Cutty Sark bottle. He was usually three sheets to the wind by dinner time. My maternal grandfather would sit and drink Pabst Blue Ribbon or Budweiser by the radio all day.. Both were WW2 veterans and thats how they coped. PSTD wasn't as accepted or treated like it is today. I doubt either of them went to the VA after the late 40's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12