What do you like to drink?

H6SooLhl.jpg

Bloody Caesar

It is basically a Bloody Mary, except instead of tomato juice, you use clamato. I like to make mine very spicy.

Not only have I learned a lot about cooking, I've learned quite a bit about making drinks as well, during lock-down.

I love steamed clams, baked claims, fried clams, you name it except for raw clams, but not clamato. Sorry. :)

This came up on my youtube feed because I watch clips from James Corden sometimes.

I don't like martinis all that much, except for maybe an apple martini once a year, but Stanley Tucci makes it look so elegant and appetizing. He must be one of the most well dressed men in the world. Combine his look with that voice and personality, and, well, he suddenly seems very sexy. Have always loved him as an actor, just never thought of him that way. :) Live and learn.

After I watched that, this SNL skit (song) about him showed up too: Tucci Gang. SNL has been terrible for a long time, imo, but this is pretty good, if vulgar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw5NG580rBk

My grandpa to this day has a shot of Mastika with his morning espresso. It is supposedly a very healthy habit.
That might be one of the reasons I really enjoy Mastika.

pKgiJ9I.jpg

It gets cloudy when mixed with water, I prefer it straight, but some people mix it due to its high alcohol content.

Mastika is a liqueur seasoned with mastic, a resin with a slightly pine or cedar-like flavor gathered from the mastic tree, a small evergreen tree native to the Mediterranean region.

However it is hard to drink Mastika when abroad... in that case I stick to Gin and Tonic. Very pleasant taste to delivers the high alcohol content. Bombay being the one I usually go for, pretty drinkable at an amazing price.

As for beer... I really enjoy Czech beer. From the common kind such as Pilsner Urquell to their amazing draft beer, in love with the dark ones.

iqEDHF6.jpg

ZESXMFr.jpg

Fun fact pilsner beers today get their name from the region of Plzen in CZ.

I try to drink water (health and such), but If I need some flavour then mosto (must) comes in, no wine for it has alcohol.

I try to drink water (health and such), but If I need some flavour then mosto (must) comes in, no wine for it has alcohol.

In my area we also call must also first fermentation wine with alcohol

They say that a little alcohol is good in moderation, right, it is not advisable in excess it could end one somewhat dizzy. hehehe

They say that a little alcohol is good in moderation, right, it is not advisable in excess it could end one somewhat dizzy. hehehe

I haven't drink alcohol for years now (6 years I think), with the exception of some sips of a home-made liquor a friend offered me to taste. Maybe when I get older I'll develop what I consider the natural appetite for things like a good wine, hahaha.

I haven't drink alcohol for years now (6 years I think), with the exception of some sips of a home-made liquor a friend offered me to taste. Maybe when I get older I'll develop what I consider the natural appetite for things like a good wine, hahaha.

You left him at 12 years old (for your photos) :)
It is a very topical or typical image to have a glass of wine, as an intimate and luxurious moment for me, having a glass of wine simply is like taking a purgative has to be eating.

[FONT=&quot]I really like to drink hot chocolate, especially during the winter season.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I really like to drink hot chocolate, especially during the winter season.[/FONT]

My taste is in wine is strictly Old World. If you want a tip on an obscure appellation, try Ruche di Castagnole Monferrato. However, if you're looking for bang for your buck, go with the Canary Islands. We're talking pre-phylloxera and volcanic soil.

I'm also a big fan of ciders. The Normans do it best. Look for stuff that's naturally fermented and unfiltered.

Aperitifs, I have to endorse Ricard. Exceptional product. The stories I could tell.

Digestifs, I'm an amaro man. My favorite is Vecchio Amaro del Capo, made by Caffo. Runner up is Amaro Braulio, from the Valtellina. In third place, Amaro Lucano from Basillicata.

For something made in the good ole USA, I suggest Black Fig Vodka. It drinks like a liqueur. https://blackinfusions.com/black-fig

Tito’s is the only alcoholic beverage that shouldn’t disappear! If mankind had to choose which brand should survive an alcoholic beverage apocalypse, Tito’s will be triumphant!

I've been known to drink a whole bottle of cabernet or merlot in one sitting. I like Leroux Polish style blackberry brandy and/or Apfelkorn in the winter..Both on the rocks, in a whiskey glass. I'll also dip into my bourbon collection and drink Buffalo Trace or Weller once in awhile. I haven't drank beer in some time but on a hot day I'll drink some ice cold Einstok beer from Iceland. It's nice and crisp.

My paternal grandfather on the other hand loved to drink Scotch all day long in his office. He'd start off the day with vodka and orange juice and work his way into the Cutty Sark bottle. He was usually three sheets to the wind by dinner time. My maternal grandfather would sit and drink Pabst Blue Ribbon or Budweiser by the radio all day.. Both were WW2 veterans and thats how they coped. PSTD wasn't as accepted or treated like it is today. I doubt either of them went to the VA after the late 40's.

I like beer and cider. But recently I tried coffee with cognac and I really liked that hot drink. This recipe came from France. This alcoholic cocktail creates a double load on the heart and blood vessels, so for hypertensive people, it's especially dangerous. Personally, I don't like it because I'm not a fan of hot alcoholic beverages. But many people like it so you can try to make this drink. You just need to make a cup of coffee and add 50ml of cognac, or as much as you want.

I'm addicted to flavored drinks. Like the powdered juice mix for water. Particularly, I like Crystal Light Fruit Punch. I do not drink anything with alcohol in it. Maybe on special occasions I will drink some Jungle Juice. Lol.

^^Are you aware how many chemicals and dyes are in that stuff, in addition to artificial sweetener.

Very interesting. You must tell me where I can find the Avar community in New Jersey. I'd like to visit. :)

This thread has been viewed 18843 times.

Back