R1b: Lost Tribes of Israel Found?

VikingRaider

Reaction score
There are websites, or blogs, which claim that R1b is one of the lost tribes, in particular of the Leahites. It was altgenhist.org....now it's Eliayhu if you search DNA and the Tribes on google....however, there is no solid evidence

R1b U152: Reuben (Franks)
R1b DF27: Simeon (Iberian Celts)
R1b V88: Levi
R1b L2: Judah (Scotch/Irish Celts "red haired" Israelites from the House of Nathan)
N: Dan
N: Naphtali
I1 or O: Gad
I2 or O: Asher
R1b DF19: Issachar (Saxons, though R1b DF19 is not that prominent in Saxony that I am aware, more scattered and looks Viking)
R1b U106/R1b L238/R1b DF99: Zebulon (L238 and DF99 are descended from P312, so they are more closely related to DF19, U152, L2, and DF27, but not of the same tribe???)
R1a: Ephraim
Q: Benjamin

He claims R1b DF19 is the marker of the Saxons, who was descended from Sacae, who were descended from Issachar, all moving in the four directions, north, south, east, and west....such as Norfolk, Sussex, Essex, and Wessex.....but he does not give specific evidence of why the Saxons are of this specific DNA.

Has anyone heard of the Lost Tribes and the connection to DNA?

Does anyone know how to make a shaded map for R1b DF19, to pinpoint where it is found?

My relative who is R1b DF19 has 1 direct match in England and 1 direct match in Sweden.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
That article didn't say he was haplogroup R1b. I believe he was R*, upstream or lateral of R1a, R1b, and R2.
Thanks edited :)

This is all an attempt to reconcile allegorical and highly mythologized and simplified accounts of the early books of the Bible, which are clearly concerned with giving an explanation for the origins of the Jews and the surrounding peoples they had most contact with, with the modern science of population genetics, and still trying to make the biblical narrative fit for the origin of several peoples that the early Israelites had nothing to do with. It invariably leads to a lot of speculation and unsubstantiated wishful thinking. Those stories may have a deep moral and spiritual meaning as well as a broad lesson about the history of mankind and its evolving relationship with God, but they were written countless generations after the facts they are supposed to be describing, and they are clearly simplifying it all, because the true history was much longer and more complex, impossible to be summed up in a few short books.

This thread has been viewed 4706 times.

Back