A dynamic 6,000-year genetic history of Eurasia’s Eastern Steppe

Those EMBA(Afansievo) really mixed a lot with East Asians. They are more East Eurasian than Botai.

Aren't EMBA refering to Okunev people wich are East Asians admixed with Afanasievo?

They seem undistinguishable from the EMBA people in the Central Steppe.

I dont quite remember conclusions of the Damgaard paper, but i'm pretty sure EMBA from Central Steppe are not from Afanasievo. They look very Botai / Okunev ( western siberia ) like. There is no CHG ancestry in them, only something resembling EHG. So they are not linked with Yamnaya-like ancestry.

I dont quite remember conclusions of the Damgaard paper, but i'm pretty sure EMBA from Central Steppe are not from Afanasievo. They look very Botai / Okunev ( western siberia ) like. There is no CHG ancestry in them, only something resembling EHG. So they are not linked with Yamnaya-like ancestry.

So they're something like WSHG (30% EHG, 50% ANE and 20% ENA)? They seem almost 40% ENA which is double that of Botai no?

So they're something like WSHG (30% EHG, 50% ANE and 20% ENA)? They seem almost 40% ENA which is double that of Botai no?

Well if you look at the graph, more Western samples have an increase of EHG ancestry, and more Eastern samples have a decrease of it. Also the little increase in CHG ancestry in Botai and EMBA Central Asia. Wich makes sense no?

Afanasievo ancestry is linked with the EBA Yamnaya ancestry of the graph, something similar.

interesting,thanks.

This thread has been viewed 14399 times.

Back