Thread: Cooking from lockdown...

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Not under lockdown anymore. But I didn't know where else to post this, and I've already have made several posts. So I figure I'll keep it going.

I bought Ghost peppers seeds that I want to grow and plan to make "Bomba Fantasma" out of it. Something of my own creation, based on the traditional Bomba from Calabria.

Ghost peppers are 600 times hotter than jalapeño, and 6 times hotter than habanero peppers.

I can handle very hot peppers. But even then, I wouldn't dare over do it when applying it to food. Probably, the olive oil it will be saturated in itself will be enough.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Not under lockdown anymore. But I didn't know where else to post this, and I've already have made several posts. So I figure I'll keep it going.

I bought Ghost peppers seeds that I want to grow and plan to make "Bomba Fantasma" out of it. Something of my own creation, based on the traditional Bomba from Calabria.

Ghost peppers are 600 times hotter than jalapeño, and 6 times hotter than habanero peppers.

I can handle very hot peppers. But even then, I wouldn't dare over do it when applying it to food. Probably, the olive oil it will be saturated in itself will be enough.
    During the lockdown I experimented with a variety of seeds to see what grows well, … The first experiment failed thanks to rabbits, … Then I tried again taking precautions :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

^^Nice, over here we get a lot of squirrels and deer that like to eat our stuff.

But if they eat the ghost peppers, they're going to be sorry...

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    During the lockdown I experimented with a variety of seeds to see what grows well, … The first experiment failed thanks to rabbits, … Then I tried again taking precautions :)

Now that we moved further out this area is over-run with rabbits and deer too. We fenced a big area of the property with the white slats, though, mainly for the dog and the cat, and between that and them we're holding them at bay. This year all I had out was huge pots of rosemary, parsley, sage, thyme, and basil, and then 3 tubs of cherry tomatoes. I think next year I might go back to staking out a real garden and plant more tomatoes, lettuces, escarole, swiss chard, and cavolo nero,and maybe zucchini, although I have nightmares about the tons of zucchini the plants will produce. :) How I wish I could plant fruit bearing cherry and peach and fig trees, but it's too cold in the winter.

Beautiful property, btw. :)

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Grilled ribs have always resonated well with me. I loved cooking it in my backyard. still do it on weekends

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123