Faces of Brazil

@Duarte
You probably remember of this one. Also very beautiful.
Similar family name and similar ancestry.

015076528-GDH00.jpg

More Brazilians

Juliana Paes
640px-Juliana_Paes_nas_de_"Mais_Uma_Vez_Amor"_01.jpg

Camila Pitanga
Camila-pitanga_00075021_0.jpg

Deborah Secco
deborah-secco-esta-escalada-para-proxima-novela-das-19h-salve-se-quem-puder-1201008.jpg

@Duarte
You probably remember of this one. Also very beautiful.
Similar family name and similar ancestry.

015076528-GDH00.jpg

@Regio X.
Wow. She's missing from television. She is also a very beautiful woman. I will never forget the character she played in the series Hilda Furacão, in which she played the protagonist which also featured the participation of Rodrigo Santoro and Matheus Nachtergaele and was filmed in my beloved Belo Horizonte. Well remembered. She is stunning.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Edit. Mistake

More Brazilians

Juliana Paes

Camila Pitanga

Deborah Secco
deborah-secco-esta-escalada-para-proxima-novela-das-19h-salve-se-quem-puder-1201008.jpg

Oh, Camila Pitanga is interesting. I would very much like that non-Brazilians discover her ancestry. Perhaps they will be surprised. Beautiful woman.

In the second picture I think she looks Iberian, but in the first picture she has a look of Bianca Balti, so I don't know. :) Maybe Portuguese with something else?

Bianca-balti-2.jpg

bianca-balti-in-bikini-si-swimsuit-2017-1.jpg

More real life, but still gorgeous...

bianca-balti-at-airport-in-milan-09-24-2018-1.jpg

@Angela
Wow! This Bianca is really beautiful.

That Brazilian is Alessandra Ambrosio. Mostly Italian (likely North Italian, since she's from Rio Grande do Sul), with just the paternal grandmother Polish.
069187.jpg

Duarte already provided the tips for the second one. Ana Paula Arosio, full Italian in ancestry, it seems. The Arosio were from near Milano.
015076528-GDH00.jpg

@Duarte
Camila Pitanga is very beautiful as well.

She has a lot of SSA ancestry. Her father:

20180511-q1a9609.jpg

^^Well, thank goodness I'm not totally losing my touch; there was something to the Bianca Balti reference. :) She's a high fashion model from Lombardia, by the way. So, yes, both with Northern Italian ancestry.

Camila Pitanga also looks Italian to me; I see no SSA at all. Extraordinary.

^^Well, thank goodness I'm not totally losing my touch; there was something to the Bianca Balti reference. :) She's a high fashion model from Lombardia, by the way. So, yes, both with Northern Italian ancestry.

Camila Pitanga also looks Italian to me; I see no SSA at all. Extraordinary.
Alessandra Ambrosio was also a super model, so they have this in common too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandra_Ambrósio_(model)

Interview with Ana Paula Arosio:
http://www.comunitaitaliana.com.br/Entrevistas/Arosio.htm

As for Camila, yeah. That's why Duarte said that. :)

More Brazilians

Juliana Paes

Camila Pitanga

Deborah Secco

Only Italian surname here is Secco ............55% in Veneto and 25% in Piedmonte , 10 % Lombardia .............of 680 italian households with that surname

Não existe predomínio da genética germânica no sul. A UFMG já divulgou estudos demonstrando que de norte a sul a principal fonte europeia é ibérica e depois italiana. Existe predomínio germânico apenas em indivíduos isolados.

That's exactly what I said in my previous comment: in the South the Iberian and Italian - Portuguese, Spanish and Italian - components are still dominant, the region already had about 8% of the population of the country before any massive non-Portuguese immigration started to come into the region (now it has about 14.5% of the country's population). There is also around 1/5 to 1/4 of people who self-declare as mixed-race/brown/pardo in the region. So, it's not the stereotype of "German blonde girls" that we sometimes hear.

@Regio X.
Wow. She's missing from television. She is also a very beautiful woman. I will never forget the character she played in the series Hilda Furacão, in which she played the protagonist which also featured the participation of Rodrigo Santoro and Matheus Nachtergaele and was filmed in my beloved Belo Horizonte. Well remembered. She is stunning.

Ana Paula Arósio as Hilda Furacão was so stunningly beautiful that I was a child back then but I was stunned by her beauty, and I remember even the women (who often tended to pretend being underwhelmed and disdainful of other beauties) in front of the TV commenting how it was possible she could be so beautiful. I don't think I've seen a "purer" type of beauty in a woman ever since. :-D Too bad she quit acting just a few years later, she didn't like fame and celebrity, being constantly under pressure and on the media, but I'm told she's very happy in the quiet life in a remote farm that she chose for her.

da19cf9744e02df85247e5a0d2adbd33.jpg
|

Screenshot_2728.jpg

images

107233-ana-paula-arosio-624x600-1.jpg

@torzio
Yeah, I know that Juliana Paes and Camila Pitanga are not Italians in ancestry. They're only examples of Brazilian types, and very beautiful ones, I must say.
Ambrosio is also in North Italy, despite it's more common in the South. Later I can check my books and try to find out where the Ambrosio in Rio Grande do Sul came from exactly.

@Ygorcs
That's a curious stereotype. I left the South time ago, and I myself had to explain a "thousand times" for other Brazilians (even to my wife) that these "light traits" are not the most common among "gaúchos", at all. They are more common just in some parts, but people do generalize.

@torzio
Check "Senator Ambrosio" in Family Search. Birth in Cremona, Lombardy, and death in Rio Grande do Sul.

@Ygorcs
If I'm not mistaken, she left that farm, and lives now in England.

Some well known people from my home state, Ceará (northeastern part of the Northeastern region). As you can probably notice, since it's a an area of very old settlement, with very little immigration after the colonial era, the population is intensely mixed, with the European element prevailing, but significant Native American and African components very present in roughly equal proportions (in the inland, the so-called "sertão", the Native American element probably prevails over the African ones, whereas in the coast and especially in the mountainous areas the opposite happens). It's somewhat rare to find people who look really "African" unlike in Bahia, Alagoas, Pernambuco, Maranhão, Rio de Janeiro and some other states that saw massive import of slaves from Africa, unlike Ceará, where the economy was based mostly on pastoralism, subsistence agriculture and fishing, with no major demand for slaves. Likewise, you see few people who look truly "Amerindian", and not many people look completely "European" either. Curiously, in my opinion, some of the tri-racial hybridization ended up causing some cearenses to have a vaguely "South Asian" look.

tais-lopes-nova-contratada-da-cnn-brasil-1572905811408_v2_615x300.jpg

Reporter Taís Lopes

Untitled.jpg

Actress Florinda Bolkan (she had a successful careeer in Europe and especially Italy in the 1960s and 1970s)

suyane5.jpg

suyane-moreira-65.jpg

Actress and model Suyane Moreira

CyNzuHCXEAEFM2s.jpg

Actress Iris Bustamante
melissa254558.jpg

Miss Brazil 2014 Melissa Gurgel
the-voice-ana-ruth.jpeg

Singer Ana Ruth

15438791085c05b9c4a1ec0_1543879108_3x2_md.jpg

Actor Jesuíta Barbosa
jose_wilker.jpg

Actor José Wilker
20190824-wesley-safadao1.jpg

Singer Wesley Safadão (Wesley Oliveira, his real name)

31031838_20-09-2004_salvador_scofano-_ext_sx_-_entrevista_com_raimundo_fagner.jpg

Singer and composer Fagner (of significant Lebanese ancestry)

belchior-5097918.jpg

Singer and composer Belchior

17144353.jpeg

Politician and businessman Tasso Jereissati (also of significant Lebanese ancestry)
QtPdG48l_400x400.jpg

Popular poet Bráulio Bessa (I think his is the quintessential look of people from the "sertão", the semi-arid hinterland of Ceará, the short but broad head and forehead, the tanned light brown skin, etc.)

28set2016---tirulipa-fala-sobre-a-relacao-com-o-pai-tiririca-em-entrevista-ao-programa-do-gugu-1475122167952_300x420.jpg

Comedian Tirulipa

1095302-2281-atm17.jpg

Comedian Tom Cavalcante

Screenshot_2017-08-18-12-44-26-1.png

TV reporters Almir Gadelha and Niara Meireles
ML6.jpeg

Singer Marcos Lessa
d-Jk5M4saQlZ3u1GYq4wbpxPlmkyhRe4HXkbBncKEjelDagdnw5-NtL0-2FHB0aaztdOhQY5CB97Fh3UhHWGcjy-sXRFMMQDXYP532VmerXJgUZGsrBum7X0_QihKK_aZGZjtKz1C8t2
TV reporter Luiz Esteves

Last edited:
Ana Paula Arósio as Hilda Furacão was so stunningly beautiful that I was a child back then but I was stunned by her beauty, and I remember even the women (who often tended to pretend being underwhelmed and disdainful of other beauties) in front of the TV commenting how it was possible she could be so beautiful. I don't think I've seen a "purer" type of beauty in a woman ever since. :-D Too bad she quit acting just a few years later, she didn't like fame and celebrity, being constantly under pressure and on the media, but I'm told she's very happy in the quiet life in a remote farm that she chose for her.

|

Screenshot_2728.jpg

images

She is indeed gorgeous, but I don't see anything of Naples in her, really. It's a more northern Italian beauty, as the records seem to indicate.

Perhaps a bit of Silvana Mangano?

c243d9751e18782b50d649c14188f46f.jpg

Lucia Bose...I always thought there was a real purity to her beauty...
bd7a6030e7f5c7d0b5a02318e684fa90.jpg

Or even Virna Lisi before they bleached her hair?
36a987e0697aafb94c88280f75ca772a.jpg

I don't usually like that, but it suited her. Good bones in a face last forever. :)
969f81951a4d393edb06f2a8831afd18.jpg

If you want Neapolitan beauty...no one more beautiful than Luisa Ranieri, imo.
507fd0ad5a7a5cac9f3fc87503582515.jpg

@Angela
I didn't understand the mention of Naples.

Edit: I think I got it. Torzio mentioned Campania, hence your comment. But he was referring to Ambrosio, not Arosio. Notice that Alessandra Ambrosio and Ana Paula Arosio are two different women. Both Lombard family names (Cremona and Milano, respectively), at least in this context.

|

Screenshot_2728.jpg

images

Yes @Ygorcs.
Ana Paula is the owner of a unique beauty. The smile and girlishness combined with extreme sensuality and beauty enchanted Brazilians until the moment when she gave up her artistic life and went to live as an ordinary person on a farm in inland’s country. As you said, the pressure made her give up everything in exchange for a more peaceful life. Maybe I admire she even more for that. She did not allow herself to be seduced by fame and went looking for what was best for her. Happy are those who, like us, were able to see her for some time on the screens of our TVs in our homes.
Cheers ;)

From available data on 6,497 individuals from the three so-called cohorts that are part of the EPIGEN-Brazil initiative with scientists led by Eduardo Tarazona Santos, professor at the Institute of Biological Sciences at the Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), they identified how much of the genome of each of them has a European, African or Native American (Amerindian) origin.

Northeast Region:
As expected, the population genes of the first cohort - 1,309 individuals from Salvador (BA) - have a great African ancestry (50.8%), followed by the European (42.9%) and Amerindian (6.4%).

Southeast region:
In the second cohort, composed of 1,442 people from the city of Bambuí, Minas Gerais, the vast majority of its genome is of European origin (78.5%), African (14.7%), and Amerindian (6.7%) .

South region:
Finally, in the third and last cohort, made up of 3,736 individuals born in Pelotas, the European genetic influence is (76.1%), with an African contribution (15.9%) and Amerindian contribution (8%)

View attachment 11944

This thread has been viewed 25852 times.

Back