Did Minoans practice child sacrifice? Minotaur - Moloch connections

Johane Derite

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
mtDNA haplogroup
U1a1a
[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]The Minotaur, who devoured youths and demanded them as tribute has been connected by some with Moloch, who also required child sacrifice.

The myth of the Minoatur being defeated can possibly be a folk memory of the indo-europeanisation of Crete.

The conquest of the J2a Minoan child sacrificers by the R1b indo europeans maybe?
[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]"Some modern mythologists regard the Minotaur as a solar personification and a Minoan adaptation of the [/FONT]Moloch[FONT=&quot] of the [/FONT]Phoenicians[FONT=&quot]."

[/FONT]
The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information.[FONT=&quot]
pg 555

[/FONT]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Moloch_the_god.gif

From an evolutionary pscyhology point of view, i wonder under what type of selection pressure this puts communities that practice such vile rituals as child sacrifice.

The more normal and empathetic humans, and those that love children, would be put under negative pressure from the community for not engaging in these vile rites.

Meanwhile, the sociopathic, manipulative, greedy, and spiritually corrupt and superstitious would face positive selection.

Such cultures would select for reptillian, snake-like inhuman psychological tendencies in cultures. Lack of honour also.

J2a rich countries with minoan substrates should be subject to anthropological surveys to see if these substrates have left a noticable effect on their psychological profiles.

My estimation would be that the more related to these Minoan child sacrificers, the more probable they will score higher on the "Dark Triad"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad

The Minotaur, who devoured youths and demanded them as tribute has been connected by some with Moloch, who also required child sacrifice.

The myth of the Minoatur being defeated can possibly be a folk memory of the indo-europeanisation of Crete.

The conquest of the J2a Minoan child sacrificers by the R1b indo europeans maybe?

"Some modern mythologists regard the Minotaur as a solar personification and a Minoan adaptation of the Moloch of the Phoenicians."

The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information.
pg 555

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

From an evolutionary pscyhology point of view, i wonder under what type of selection pressure this puts communities that practice such vile rituals as child sacrifice.
The more normal and empathetic humans, and those that love children, would be put under negative pressure from the community for not engaging in these vile rites.

Meanwhile, the sociopathic, manipulative, greedy, and spiritually corrupt and superstitious would face positive selection.

Such cultures would select for reptillian, snake-like inhuman psychological tendencies in cultures. Lack of honour also.

J2a rich countries with minoan substrates should be subject to anthropological surveys to see if these substrates have left a noticable effect on their psychological profiles.

My estimation would be that the more related to these Minoan child sacrificers, the more probable they will score higher on the "Dark Triad"

I just can't believe what I have read,

Its from the Encyclopedia Brittanica, not my invention. These reptillian tendencies in some people have long been understood as the enemy of mankind, to be vanquished by heroes.

16c3f33a7aae3a533186f076bb234cc0.jpg

"In the North House at Knossos, the bones of at least four children (who had been in good health) were found which bore signs that "they were butchered in the same way the Minoans slaughtered their sheep and goats, suggesting that they had been sacrificed and eaten. The senior Cretan archaeologist Nicolas Platon was so horrified at this suggestion that he insisted the bones must be those of apes, not humans."

Minotaur: Sir Arthur Evans and the Archaeology of the Minoan Myth"
MacGillivray, 2000
p.312-13

Oh my goshh. So terrifying if all that is true...

All I see is just an attack against HG Ydna J2a people,

and I ask forum moderators, for a possible racism behind this post,

This thread has been viewed 4705 times.

Back