Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51

Thread: What is the difference between the SLC24A5 and SLC45A2 alleles?

  1. #26
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Ack View Post
    Judging by the description you would be the base color Mac NC10. I am a hairdresser and makeup artist. My color is NC15, but here in Brazil my clients usually use NC20 and NC25. I have a redheaded client who is NC5.
    In a makeup course we learned that brown eyed customers are rarely below NC20, but I have had brown eyed customers NC15 and NC10.





    I am a mixture of NC15 and NC10 and my eyes are green. The NC10 is too bright and the 15 is dark. When I mix the two it is right.
    The MAC NC10 is too yellow for me. If I wear foundation, which I don't often do, it's the Anastasia N100. I'm sure if you did my makeup, you could mix colors and with the use of some bronzer and the right blush you could make it look less mask like, but alas, I don't have your skill, so most of the time I just wear a tinted moisturizer, usually Clinique in very fair/porcelain and a little blush. My pores are very small, I have no discolored areas, and for the two small sun spots which have shown up I just use a concealer, so it works out all right.

    @Regio,
    Oh, I've indeed gone to parties as Morticia, and my husband as Gomez, although dancing in it, even walking normally, is a challenge, and I've even gone as Elvira. I got way too much attention as Elvira for my husband's taste, so that costume got tossed out. :) Thank God it was cheap!



    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  2. #27
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Regio X's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-03-14
    Posts
    875
    Points
    18,142
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,142, Level: 41
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 35.0%


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    The MAC NC10 is too yellow for me. If I wear foundation, which I don't often do, it's the Anastasia N100. I'm sure if you did my makeup, you could mix colors and with the use of some bronzer and the right blush you could make it look less mask like, but alas, I don't have your skill, so most of the time I just wear a tinted moisturizer, usually Clinique in very fair/porcelain and a little blush. My pores are very small, I have no discolored areas, and for the two small sun spots which have shown up I just use a concealer, so it works out all right.

    @Regio,
    Oh, I've indeed gone to parties as Morticia, and my husband as Gomez, although dancing in it, even walking normally, is a challenge, and I've even gone as Elvira. I got way too much attention as Elvira for my husband's taste, so that costume got tossed out. :) Thank God it was cheap!

    Never heard about Elvira. Nice! :)

    About the beautiful Michele Dockery... Out of curiosity, my girlfriend (now wife) and I spent a time in Argentina time ago, and we stayed in an Airbnb bedroom. When we arrived, an Argentinian girl was already occupying the best one in that house. Anyway, it called our attention the fact she was Michele Dockery's double. Also tall, perhaps slightly "stronger" in body, but virtually the same face, so also very beautiful. We didn't remember the name of the actress, but we commented something like: Hey, you look that girl of Downton Abbey. She answered that she heard it all the time. Well, impossible not hearing it, given the amazing similarity. What is also interesting is that the girl had Southern European ancestry. No British ancestry at all. Really curious how two people of very different ethnicities can be so similar physically sometimes.

    Tiziana is also very beautiful.

  3. #28
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Regio X View Post
    Never heard about Elvira. Nice! :)

    About the beautiful Michele Dockery... Out of curiosity, my girlfriend (now wife) and I spent a time in Argentina time ago, and we stayed in an Airbnb bedroom. When we arrived, an Argentinian girl was already occupying the best one in that house. Anyway, it called our attention the fact she was Michele Dockery's double. Also tall, perhaps slightly "stronger" in body, but virtually the same face, so also very beautiful. We didn't remember the name of the actress, but we commented something like: Hey, you look that girl of Downton Abbey. She answered that she heard it all the time. Well, impossible not hearing it, given the amazing similarity. What is also interesting is that the girl had Southern European ancestry. No British ancestry at all. Really curious how two people of very different ethnicities can be so similar physically sometimes.

    Tiziana is also very beautiful.
    I have almost the exact same coloring as Michele Dockery, but I don't think I look very much like her. If you click on my name and go to profile there's a picture of me when I was about to go to university. The dress is the palest pink, which is why you can't tell the difference between the dress and my skin. I learned not to make mistakes like that as I got older. :)

    My body type is completely different, different from my mother's, who had a very "boyish" build, and whom most people in those days called "skinny", and more "Emilian", i.e. "fuller", more of an hour glass figure even at my thinnest.

    So, no, not phenotype "twins", in my case.

  4. #29
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Regio X's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-03-14
    Posts
    875
    Points
    18,142
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,142, Level: 41
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 35.0%


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I have almost the exact same coloring as Michele Dockery, but I don't think I look very much like her. If you click on my name and go to profile there's a picture of me when I was about to go to university. The dress is the palest pink, which is why you can't tell the difference between the dress and my skin. I learned not to make mistakes like that as I got older. :)

    My body type is completely different, different from my mother's, who had a very "boyish" build, and whom most people in those days called "skinny", and more "Emilian", i.e. "fuller", more of an hour glass figure even at my thinnest.

    So, no, not phenotype "twins", in my case.
    I've checked it. You're different from my sis, but you both look pretty Italian in looking.

    I actually remember of a picture of yours in the old 23andMe forum, in which the milkie skin really called attention. IIRC, the clothes in that picture were black, which added up to hair and highlighted the skin tone even more. :)

  5. #30
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Regio X View Post
    I've checked it. You're different from my sis, but you both look pretty Italian in looking.

    I actually remember of a picture of yours in the old 23andMe forum, in which the milkie skin really called attention. IIRC, the clothes in that picture were black, which added up to hair and highlighted the skin tone even more. :)
    I think so too, although not to Americans. My father thought I looked like a dark haired and dark eyed Alida Valli, whom he loved, but you know fathers. :)

    Goodness. You do go far back in this hobby. It was actually a royal blue dress, and I was wearing pearls, but it was against a dark brown background. Maybe I'll swap it out for the current one.

    Anyway, getting back to these snps, depending on the exact combination and how much immunity you have to cancer generally, people with very fair skin who get burned too often do suffer for it, either in a sort of permanent "pinky" tone with what look like lots of freckles, which are actually sun damage spots, or various larger sun damage spots, or skin cancers, non-invasive, or melanoma.

    My father had the former, although he never lived in the tropics, but because he was a contractor, often outdoors, and more so in the summer months. He also got a few of the more benign skin cancers when he got older, and had to have them removed. I've had one removed from my shoulder as well.

    The predominantly British descent people of Australia are the best example of this.

    "There are three main types of skin cancer:

    Both basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma are known as non-melanoma skin cancer.
    Approximately, two in three Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the time they are 70. Non-melanoma skin cancer is more common in men, with almost double the incidence compared to women.
    Excluding non-melanoma skin cancer,* melanoma is the third most common cancer in Australians. In 2015, 13,694 Australians were diagnosed with melanoma.
    Every year, in Australia:

    • skin cancers account for around 80% of all newly diagnosed cancers
    • the majority of skin cancers are caused by exposure to the sun
    • GPs have over 1 million patient consultations per year for skin cancer
    • the incidence of skin cancer is one of the highest in the world, two to three times the rates in Canada, the US and the UK."

    https://www.cancer.org.au/about-canc...in-cancer.html


    Their evolution didn't prepare them for the climate in which they live.

    One good thing about that first terrible sun poisoning incident when I was newly married and the scolding I got from the doctors is that I've always been very careful about sun exposure. (Thank God for sunscreen too!) That and good heredity means I have very little wrinkling. I have Irish friends my age who look fifteen to twenty years older.





  6. #31
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    18-03-17
    Posts
    459
    Points
    3,332
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,332, Level: 16
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 6.0%


    Ethnic group
    swiss,italian
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Ack View Post
    Judging by the description you would be the base color Mac NC10. I am a hairdresser and makeup artist. My color is NC15, but here in Brazil my clients usually use NC20 and NC25. I have a redheaded client who is NC5.
    In a makeup course we learned that brown eyed customers are rarely below NC20, but I have had brown eyed customers NC15 and NC10.





    I am a mixture of NC15 and NC10 and my eyes are green. The NC10 is too bright and the 15 is dark. When I mix the two it is right.
    i have never seen someone, who isn't tanned and i mean really no tan at all, with a darker skin tone than that NC15 no matter what eye color. other than people with SSA or south asian ancestry.

  7. #32
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Join Date
    20-05-18
    Posts
    122
    Points
    3,640
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,640, Level: 17
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 5.0%


    Country: Portugal



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I think so too, although not to Americans. My father thought I looked like a dark haired and dark eyed Alida Valli, whom he loved, but you know fathers. :)

    Goodness. You do go far back in this hobby. It was actually a royal blue dress, and I was wearing pearls, but it was against a dark brown background. Maybe I'll swap it out for the current one.

    Anyway, getting back to these snps, depending on the exact combination and how much immunity you have to cancer generally, people with very fair skin who get burned too often do suffer for it, either in a sort of permanent "pinky" tone with what look like lots of freckles, which are actually sun damage spots, or various larger sun damage spots, or skin cancers, non-invasive, or melanoma.

    My father had the former, although he never lived in the tropics, but because he was a contractor, often outdoors, and more so in the summer months. He also got a few of the more benign skin cancers when he got older, and had to have them removed. I've had one removed from my shoulder as well.

    The predominantly British descent people of Australia are the best example of this.

    "There are three main types of skin cancer:

    Both basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma are known as non-melanoma skin cancer.
    Approximately, two in three Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the time they are 70. Non-melanoma skin cancer is more common in men, with almost double the incidence compared to women.
    Excluding non-melanoma skin cancer,* melanoma is the third most common cancer in Australians. In 2015, 13,694 Australians were diagnosed with melanoma.
    Every year, in Australia:

    • skin cancers account for around 80% of all newly diagnosed cancers
    • the majority of skin cancers are caused by exposure to the sun
    • GPs have over 1 million patient consultations per year for skin cancer
    • the incidence of skin cancer is one of the highest in the world, two to three times the rates in Canada, the US and the UK."

    https://www.cancer.org.au/about-canc...in-cancer.html


    Their evolution didn't prepare them for the climate in which they live.

    One good thing about that first terrible sun poisoning incident when I was newly married and the scolding I got from the doctors is that I've always been very careful about sun exposure. (Thank God for sunscreen too!) That and good heredity means I have very little wrinkling. I have Irish friends my age who look fifteen to twenty years older.




    I currently live on the coast of São Paulo - Santos. Last summer, a cousin insisted on going to the beach on a very hot day. We made the mistake of not renting a tent and being in the sun. I sat on the sand and noticed that my knees were red, but ignored it. A few minutes later, it started to burn a lot and to give bubbles. I remained irresponsible and only covered my knees with a bath towel. Usually in our family we burn first and turn red, but then the red turns to a tan - we are not extremely pale and I thought it would just be another case where the redness becomes a tan later - and I continued on the beach without much concerns, but then I started to feel sick and ended up in the emergency room with heat stroke.

  8. #33
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Join Date
    20-05-18
    Posts
    122
    Points
    3,640
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,640, Level: 17
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 5.0%


    Country: Portugal



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    i have never seen someone, who isn't tanned and i mean really no tan at all, with a darker skin tone than that NC15 no matter what eye color. other than people with SSA or south asian ancestry.
    Makeup products only reveal the true color when they are evenly spread on the skin. They always look darker when they are concentrated on the packaging or on a very small piece of skin. To understand the colors you need to see how they look after eplication. In videos like this:

  9. #34
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Ack View Post
    Makeup products only reveal the true color when they are evenly spread on the skin. They always look darker when they are concentrated on the packaging or on a very small piece of skin. To understand the colors you need to see how they look after eplication. In videos like this:
    I was about to post the same thing, but then thought maybe you'd respond as an expert. I was going to say that all the 100s and 200s are for "white" skin when blended on the face. It's why here in the U.S. you go to someplace like Sephora and have them apply samples to different parts of your face or inner arm to get a better idea. Even then it looks different sometimes when you go home and apply it to your whole face. In my experience at Sephora they don't have a lot of 4.5 or 4.75 to sell because only redheads wear it. Ten is the easiest of the light shades to find, but as I said, it's too yellow for me. That's why I go with the Anastasia.



    Men don't get it. :)

    Sun poisoning and sun stroke are terrible. Only after going through it do you understand how important it is to monitor what kind and how much sun exposure you're getting.

    I looked even worse than this poor girl because one side of my face was swollen to twice its size and was bright red. I was hysterical; I thought I'd be marred for life.


    I guess this is my public service announcement for the day. :)

  10. #35
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    1,451
    Points
    49,608
    Level
    68
    Points: 49,608, Level: 68
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 84.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    Quote Originally Posted by Ack View Post
    I currently live on the coast of São Paulo - Santos. Last summer, a cousin insisted on going to the beach on a very hot day. We made the mistake of not renting a tent and being in the sun. I sat on the sand and noticed that my knees were red, but ignored it. A few minutes later, it started to burn a lot and to give bubbles. I remained irresponsible and only covered my knees with a bath towel. Usually in our family we burn first and turn red, but then the red turns to a tan - we are not extremely pale and I thought it would just be another case where the redness becomes a tan later - and I continued on the beach without much concerns, but then I started to feel sick and ended up in the emergency room with heat stroke.
    There are activities that make me extremely red: Intense physical activity, dry or steam sauna, bath in hot water and, certainly, the first day at the beach. In the case of the beach, in two or three days later the red skinned turns into an intense tan. My wife don’t stay tan in the beach (only stay with red skinned) and she has many freckles, mainly on the upper back and chest, due to the excessive exposure to the sun in her youth. Today she only leaves home using a sunblock, as recommended by a doctor. Her doctor recommended the same thing to me, that is, the use of sunblock ever I outside home. I told him it was not necessary, showing him the color of my arms. He asked me to stay half-naked and tell me: I am not prescribing based on the color of your body parts that, daily, stay exposed to sun, but based in your original skin tone. You also have to take care of yourself and not just your wife.

  11. #36
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Regio X's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-03-14
    Posts
    875
    Points
    18,142
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,142, Level: 41
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 35.0%


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I think so too, although not to Americans. My father thought I looked like a dark haired and dark eyed Alida Valli, whom he loved, but you know fathers. :)

    Goodness. You do go far back in this hobby. It was actually a royal blue dress, and I was wearing pearls, but it was against a dark brown background. Maybe I'll swap it out for the current one.

    Anyway, getting back to these snps, depending on the exact combination and how much immunity you have to cancer generally, people with very fair skin who get burned too often do suffer for it, either in a sort of permanent "pinky" tone with what look like lots of freckles, which are actually sun damage spots, or various larger sun damage spots, or skin cancers, non-invasive, or melanoma.

    My father had the former, although he never lived in the tropics, but because he was a contractor, often outdoors, and more so in the summer months. He also got a few of the more benign skin cancers when he got older, and had to have them removed. I've had one removed from my shoulder as well.

    The predominantly British descent people of Australia are the best example of this.

    "There are three main types of skin cancer:

    Both basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma are known as non-melanoma skin cancer.
    Approximately, two in three Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the time they are 70. Non-melanoma skin cancer is more common in men, with almost double the incidence compared to women.
    Excluding non-melanoma skin cancer,* melanoma is the third most common cancer in Australians. In 2015, 13,694 Australians were diagnosed with melanoma.
    Every year, in Australia:

    • skin cancers account for around 80% of all newly diagnosed cancers
    • the majority of skin cancers are caused by exposure to the sun
    • GPs have over 1 million patient consultations per year for skin cancer
    • the incidence of skin cancer is one of the highest in the world, two to three times the rates in Canada, the US and the UK."

    https://www.cancer.org.au/about-canc...in-cancer.html


    Their evolution didn't prepare them for the climate in which they live.

    One good thing about that first terrible sun poisoning incident when I was newly married and the scolding I got from the doctors is that I've always been very careful about sun exposure. (Thank God for sunscreen too!) That and good heredity means I have very little wrinkling. I have Irish friends my age who look fifteen to twenty years older.




    So here we can have an idea: :)


    Oh! Was it blue? It was black in my memory. Sorry.
    Yeah, some time ago. Four years more specifically. Even before I return 23andMe samples.

    Thanks for the infos. Yeah, I'm sure white skin is a "risk factor" for cancer, especially under strong sunlight. What I meant is that some predisposition must also exist. "How strong" the sun is and "how white" the individual is also matter, of course. My bet is that my mother would never get skin cancer, even being very white originally (she still is, but now she's a bit spotted or something), while my father must take more care, because skin cancer runs in family (siblings also got it). Not in my mother's.
    I took care for a while, especially after the surgery, using sunblock for long time and other things (such arm sleeves with UV protection), but I got tired. I don't use them anymore. Now I just avoid taking sun for too long, and that's it.
    My poor godmother (born in Treviso-TV) died from melanoma in Brazil, btw. Very sad.
    As for the type of carcinoma my father and my brother had, I've no idea. Hope they had the basal, but who knows! Despite my mother doesn't have this predisposition, very little "injuries" pop up with certain frequency in both of them, especially in the arms, and especially in my father. They're now preventing skin cancer through a cream called Efurix (fluorouracil). It's used in these injuries.
    Tropics may be really "difficult" for some people.

  12. #37
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    ^^

    Well, I think I got the skin color down, and face shape,and chin and cheekbones, and texture of the hair, but on top of the totally different eye and hair color, the nose is different, especially in profile, and my eyes are further apart, so no, not "phenotype twins".



    I don't think I have one.

  13. #38
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Join Date
    20-05-18
    Posts
    122
    Points
    3,640
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,640, Level: 17
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 5.0%


    Country: Portugal



    I believe she represents the 'darkest' type among Europeans. She is the princess of Monaco - Stephanie of Monaco -
    when she was young.












    It is extremely difficult to find photos where she does not look tanned.










  14. #39
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Ack View Post
    I believe she represents the 'darkest' type among Europeans. She is the princess of Monaco - Stephanie of Monaco -
    when she was young.












    It is extremely difficult to find photos where she does not look tanned.









    I don't think she was as dark as her father or grandmother. It's just, as you say, that she was always tan. Fabulous body, too.

    The grandmother was a de Polignac, and very olive skinned it seems, given this wasn't a time when aristocrats would have been baking in the sun.


  15. #40
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Regio X's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-03-14
    Posts
    875
    Points
    18,142
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,142, Level: 41
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 35.0%


    Country: Italy



    It may be difficult to "not" keep tanned in an area such Riviera. :)

    @Angela
    I tried to sent you a message, but the submission returned error. It says you have exceeded quota.

  16. #41
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Regio X View Post
    It may be difficult to "not" keep tanned in an area such Riviera. :)
    @Angela
    I tried to sent you a message, but the submission returned error. It says you have exceeded quota.
    Sorry, Regio. They accumulate when you're a moderator. :)

    I've cleaned out a good number of them.

  17. #42
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Regio X View Post
    It may be difficult to "not" keep tanned in an area such Riviera. :)
    I manage, and I'm always there in the summer nowadays. :) It requires effort; I will say that.

    Some of our Miss Ligurias manage to stay pale, some not so much, because as you say, even if you wear a hat, as Princess Grace often did, for example, it still gets you, but some of the Grimaldi's of Monaco really were quite olive skinned, especially Caroline, imo, and as a result could turn practically mahogany in the sun, more like Southern Italians.



    Tiziana Piergianni


    Camilla Parigi


    Cecilia Anfossi:


    I would say they probably all have the full complement of depigmentation snps.


    The Grimaldis


  18. #43
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Regio X's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-03-14
    Posts
    875
    Points
    18,142
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,142, Level: 41
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 35.0%


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I manage, and I'm always there in the summer nowadays. :) It requires effort; I will say that.

    Some of our Miss Ligurias manage to stay pale, some not so much, because as you say, even if you wear a hat, as Princess Grace often did, for example, it still gets you, but some of the Grimaldi's of Monaco really were quite olive skinned, especially Caroline, imo, and as a result could turn practically mahogany in the sun, more like Southern Italians.



    Tiziana Piergianni


    Camilla Parigi


    Cecilia Anfossi:


    I would say they probably all have the full complement of depigmentation snps.


    The Grimaldis

    It's just that open air in Riviera must be too inviting. :)
    Well, when you have a too sensible skin, it's probably a good thing hiding from the sun, especially at certain hours of the day.

    I know what you mean by burning just with reflection. It happened to me, for example, in one of those nice beaches I visited last year, in Northeast of Brazil. Problem is that you have no idea it's happening. You think you're protected, but suddenly you realize you just burned, without knowing how at a first moment.

    Beautiful girls. Btw, I guess that girl above is not Camilla Parigi. She must be Nicole Mantovan (probably) or Alessia Lamberti.

    Camilla


    Nicole


    Alessia
    Last edited by Regio X; 19-05-20 at 14:10.

  19. #44
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Regio X View Post
    It's just that open air in Riviera must be too inviting. :)
    Well, when you have a too sensible skin, it's probably a good thing hiding from the sun, especially at certain hours of the day.
    I know what you mean by burning just with reflection. It happened to me, for example, in one of those nice beaches I visited last year, in Northeast of Brazil. Problem is that you have no idea it's happening. You think you're protected, but suddenly you realize you just burned, without knowing how at a first moment.
    Beautiful girls. Btw, I guess that girl above is not Camilla Parigi. She must be Nicole Mantovan (probably) or Alessia Lamberti.
    Camilla

    Nicole

    Alessia
    Oh dear, confused your Nicole for Alessia. Wouldn't want to claim one of the Veneto's blondes. :)

    Rest easy, the honor of the Veneto is restored!

    Nice to know even after generations Italians of the diaspora keep up with things like the Miss Italia competition. :)

  20. #45
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Regio X's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-03-14
    Posts
    875
    Points
    18,142
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,142, Level: 41
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 35.0%


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Oh dear, confused your Nicole for Alessia. Wouldn't want to claim one of the Veneto's blondes. :)
    Rest easy, the honor of the Veneto is restored!
    Nice to know even after generations Italians of the diaspora keep up with things like the Miss Italia competition. :)
    I have no idea what you're talking about, since I thought they were all Ligurians. Nicole, from Arenzano, Genova. Alessia, from Sanremo. Plus, the third one yourself posted seems the most blond (or "Northern") (!). I don't even know if they won Miss Italia, btw.
    Actually I thought you'd find it interesting.
    You should not be so rushed in judging, Angela. Even if they were Venetians, I'm not "one post". My "context" in this forum go beyond it, and would never allow such unfair interpretation. A good question would be: why would you think that? It's something you should work with, since I don't recognize myself in your post. At all.
    Finally, don't forget that you're dealing with people here, and all of us deserve the "presumption of innocence", till the opposite is at least evidenced. I'll never be "guilty" on this though.

  21. #46
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regio X View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about, since I thought they were all Ligurians. Nicole, from Arenzano, Genova. Alessia, from Sanremo. Plus, the third one yourself posted seems the most blond (or "Northern") (!). I don't even know if they won Miss Italia, btw.
    Actually I thought you'd find it interesting.
    You should not be so rushed in judging, Angela. Even if they were Venetians, I'm not "one post". My "context" in this forum go beyond it, and would never allow such unfair interpretation. A good question would be: why would you think that? It's something you should work with, since I don't recognize myself in your post. At all.
    Finally, don't forget that you're dealing with people here, and all of us deserve the "presumption of innocence", till the opposite is at least evidenced. I'll never be "guilty" on this though.
    Regio, I have no idea what you're talking about. There's been some huge misunderstanding. You have totally misjudged the tone and meaning of my post.

    I was teasing; making a joke. I didn't remember the girl's surname. When I saw from your post her surname was Mantovan, I knew she was likely not Ligurian and I must have made a mistake, and indeed when I looked it up in gens labo, the name is heavily represented in the Veneto.

    Really, I don't understand where this comes from. I've always been an admirer of the fact that South American Italians, unlike Italians here including my own children, have managed to keep up with affairs at home in Italy.

    It was a lighthearted exchange with someone I thought was my friend, even if only an internet friend. I'm sorry if I inadvertently offended you somehow.

  22. #47
    Banned Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,261
    Points
    17,724
    Level
    40
    Points: 17,724, Level: 40
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 10.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - BY143483
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Regio, I have no idea what you're talking about. There's been some huge misunderstanding. You have totally misjudged the tone and meaning of my post.

    I was teasing; making a joke. I didn't remember the girl's surname. When I saw from your post her surname was Mantovan, I knew she was likely not Ligurian and I must have made a mistake, and indeed when I looked it up in gens labo, the name is heavily represented in the Veneto.

    Really, I don't understand where this comes from. I've always been an admirer of the fact that South American Italians, unlike Italians here including my own children, have managed to keep up with affairs at home in Italy.

    It was a lighthearted exchange with someone I thought was my friend, even if only an internet friend. I'm sorry if I inadvertently offended you somehow.
    Mantovan , interesting .............is she related to ANA MANTOVAN
    H95a mtDNA HAPLOGROUP ........................are her ancestors from Pieve di Coriano, Mantova, Lombardia,

  23. #48
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Regio X's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-03-14
    Posts
    875
    Points
    18,142
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,142, Level: 41
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 35.0%


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Regio, I have no idea what you're talking about. There's been some huge misunderstanding. You have totally misjudged the tone and meaning of my post.

    I was teasing; making a joke. I didn't remember the girl's surname. When I saw from your post her surname was Mantovan, I knew she was likely not Ligurian and I must have made a mistake, and indeed when I looked it up in gens labo, the name is heavily represented in the Veneto.

    Really, I don't understand where this comes from. I've always been an admirer of the fact that South American Italians, unlike Italians here including my own children, have managed to keep up with affairs at home in Italy.

    It was a lighthearted exchange with someone I thought was my friend, even if only an internet friend. I'm sorry if I inadvertently offended you somehow.
    Oops. Now I'm embarassed, Angela. I guess I was the one who rushed after all.
    I re-read your post, and it was indeed a misunderstanding on my side. I got confused. Your friendly tone was evident, yes.
    I'm probably tired, since I've been sleeping late and waking up early. My son decided to play the singing rooster at mornings. Lol The night is when I finally find the time to do some things I like, but at certain cost, as you can see.
    Please accept my apologies.
    I'm really glad to know you consider me a friend, and actually the feeling is mutual. :)

    @torzio
    Nicole Mantovan is from Genova.
    Last edited by Regio X; 20-05-20 at 00:15.

  24. #49
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Join Date
    20-05-18
    Posts
    122
    Points
    3,640
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,640, Level: 17
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 5.0%


    Country: Portugal



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Oh dear, confused your Nicole for Alessia. Wouldn't want to claim one of the Veneto's blondes. :)

    Rest easy, the honor of the Veneto is restored!

    Nice to know even after generations Italians of the diaspora keep up with things like the Miss Italia competition. :)

    The facial structure of these people is incredibly beautiful. They resemble mises in Latin America - many times champions of the Miss World. In fact: it would make more sense to say that Latin mises resemble Europeans since ancestry is generally European - native beauty is very underrepresented in these contests.






    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]


















    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]















    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]










  25. #50
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    17,836
    Points
    388,745
    Level
    100
    Points: 388,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Ack View Post
    The facial structure of these people is incredibly beautiful. They resemble mises in Latin America - many times champions of the Miss World. In fact: it would make more sense to say that Latin mises resemble Europeans since ancestry is generally European - native beauty is very underrepresented in these contests.






    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]


















    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]















    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]









    I went back to look at them after reading your post. If you ignore the differences in pigmentation, these four Ligurian women have basically the same general facial structure.

    Either that means it's relatively prevalent there and/or that's what the judges think is beautiful. :)

    Yet, I can't offhand remember the last time Miss Liguria won.

    You can find that type in other areas of Italy too. Here is Miriam Leone of Sicily. I don't think the hair is her real color, but it certainly suits her. She looks like Botticelli's Venus here. :)




    This is Giusy Buscemi. I think she's gorgeous, but the bone structure is stronger I think, lips fuller etc.



    Also, absolutely stunning imo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •