What is the difference between the SLC24A5 and SLC45A2 alleles?

It may be difficult to "not" keep tanned in an area such Riviera. :)
@Angela
I tried to sent you a message, but the submission returned error. It says you have exceeded quota.

Sorry, Regio. They accumulate when you're a moderator. :)

I've cleaned out a good number of them.

It may be difficult to "not" keep tanned in an area such Riviera. :)

I manage, and I'm always there in the summer nowadays. :) It requires effort; I will say that.

Some of our Miss Ligurias manage to stay pale, some not so much, because as you say, even if you wear a hat, as Princess Grace often did, for example, it still gets you, but some of the Grimaldi's of Monaco really were quite olive skinned, especially Caroline, imo, and as a result could turn practically mahogany in the sun, more like Southern Italians.

Tiziana Piergianni
Tiziana_intense_portrait.jpg

Camilla Parigi
20160718150635777320.jpg

Cecilia Anfossi:
Schermata20120910a21.28.39.png

I would say they probably all have the full complement of depigmentation snps.

The Grimaldis

9d3c20c9a53fa08b140fd55aa4371c99.jpg

I manage, and I'm always there in the summer nowadays. :) It requires effort; I will say that.

Some of our Miss Ligurias manage to stay pale, some not so much, because as you say, even if you wear a hat, as Princess Grace often did, for example, it still gets you, but some of the Grimaldi's of Monaco really were quite olive skinned, especially Caroline, imo, and as a result could turn practically mahogany in the sun, more like Southern Italians.

Tiziana Piergianni
Tiziana_intense_portrait.jpg

Camilla Parigi
20160718150635777320.jpg

Cecilia Anfossi:
Schermata20120910a21.28.39.png

I would say they probably all have the full complement of depigmentation snps.

The Grimaldis

9d3c20c9a53fa08b140fd55aa4371c99.jpg
It's just that open air in Riviera must be too inviting. :)
Well, when you have a too sensible skin, it's probably a good thing hiding from the sun, especially at certain hours of the day.

I know what you mean by burning just with reflection. It happened to me, for example, in one of those nice beaches I visited last year, in Northeast of Brazil. Problem is that you have no idea it's happening. You think you're protected, but suddenly you realize you just burned, without knowing how at a first moment.

Beautiful girls. Btw, I guess that girl above is not Camilla Parigi. She must be Nicole Mantovan (probably) or Alessia Lamberti.

Camilla
C_37ae32252e.jpg

Nicole
Miss_Italia_2Ago2016_Nicole_Mantovan_Miss_Tricologica_Liguria_2016.jpg

Alessia
A_750c738557.jpg

Last edited:
It's just that open air in Riviera must be too inviting. :)
Well, when you have a too sensible skin, it's probably a good thing hiding from the sun, especially at certain hours of the day.
I know what you mean by burning just with reflection. It happened to me, for example, in one of those nice beaches I visited last year, in Northeast of Brazil. Problem is that you have no idea it's happening. You think you're protected, but suddenly you realize you just burned, without knowing how at a first moment.
Beautiful girls. Btw, I guess that girl above is not Camilla Parigi. She must be Nicole Mantovan (probably) or Alessia Lamberti.
Camilla
C_37ae32252e.jpg

Nicole
Miss_Italia_2Ago2016_Nicole_Mantovan_Miss_Tricologica_Liguria_2016.jpg

Alessia
A_750c738557.jpg

Oh dear, confused your Nicole for Alessia. Wouldn't want to claim one of the Veneto's blondes. :)

Rest easy, the honor of the Veneto is restored!

Nice to know even after generations Italians of the diaspora keep up with things like the Miss Italia competition. :)

Oh dear, confused your Nicole for Alessia. Wouldn't want to claim one of the Veneto's blondes. :)
Nice to know even after generations Italians of the diaspora keep up with things like the Miss Italia competition. :)
I have no idea what you're talking about, since I thought they were all Ligurians. Nicole, from Arenzano, Genova. Alessia, from Sanremo. Plus, the third one yourself posted seems the most blond (or "Northern") (!). I don't even know if they won Miss Italia, btw.
Actually I thought you'd find it interesting.
You should not be so rushed in judging, Angela. Even if they were Venetians, I'm not "one post". My "context" in this forum go beyond it, and would never allow such unfair interpretation. A good question would be: why would you think that? It's something you should work with, since I don't recognize myself in your post. At all.
Finally, don't forget that you're dealing with people here, and all of us deserve the "presumption of innocence", till the opposite is at least evidenced. I'll never be "guilty" on this though.

I have no idea what you're talking about, since I thought they were all Ligurians. Nicole, from Arenzano, Genova. Alessia, from Sanremo. Plus, the third one yourself posted seems the most blond (or "Northern") (!). I don't even know if they won Miss Italia, btw.
Actually I thought you'd find it interesting.
You should not be so rushed in judging, Angela. Even if they were Venetians, I'm not "one post". My "context" in this forum go beyond it, and would never allow such unfair interpretation. A good question would be: why would you think that? It's something you should work with, since I don't recognize myself in your post. At all.
Finally, don't forget that you're dealing with people here, and all of us deserve the "presumption of innocence", till the opposite is at least evidenced. I'll never be "guilty" on this though.

Regio, I have no idea what you're talking about. There's been some huge misunderstanding. You have totally misjudged the tone and meaning of my post.

I was teasing; making a joke. I didn't remember the girl's surname. When I saw from your post her surname was Mantovan, I knew she was likely not Ligurian and I must have made a mistake, and indeed when I looked it up in gens labo, the name is heavily represented in the Veneto.

Really, I don't understand where this comes from. I've always been an admirer of the fact that South American Italians, unlike Italians here including my own children, have managed to keep up with affairs at home in Italy.

It was a lighthearted exchange with someone I thought was my friend, even if only an internet friend. I'm sorry if I inadvertently offended you somehow.

Regio, I have no idea what you're talking about. There's been some huge misunderstanding. You have totally misjudged the tone and meaning of my post.

I was teasing; making a joke. I didn't remember the girl's surname. When I saw from your post her surname was Mantovan, I knew she was likely not Ligurian and I must have made a mistake, and indeed when I looked it up in gens labo, the name is heavily represented in the Veneto.

Really, I don't understand where this comes from. I've always been an admirer of the fact that South American Italians, unlike Italians here including my own children, have managed to keep up with affairs at home in Italy.

It was a lighthearted exchange with someone I thought was my friend, even if only an internet friend. I'm sorry if I inadvertently offended you somehow.

Mantovan , interesting .............is she related to ANA MANTOVAN
H95a mtDNA HAPLOGROUP ........................are her ancestors from Pieve di Coriano, Mantova, Lombardia,

Oops. Now I'm embarassed, Angela. I guess I was the one who rushed after all.
I re-read your post, and it was indeed a misunderstanding on my side. I got confused. Your friendly tone was evident, yes.
I'm probably tired, since I've been sleeping late and waking up early. My son decided to play the singing rooster at mornings. Lol The night is when I finally find the time to do some things I like, but at certain cost, as you can see.
Please accept my apologies.
I'm really glad to know you consider me a friend, and actually the feeling is mutual. :)

@torzio
Nicole Mantovan is from Genova.

Last edited:

The facial structure of these people is incredibly beautiful. They resemble mises in Latin America - many times champions of the Miss World. In fact: it would make more sense to say that Latin mises resemble Europeans since ancestry is generally European - native beauty is very underrepresented in these contests.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR]

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[/COLOR]

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[/COLOR]

The facial structure of these people is incredibly beautiful. They resemble mises in Latin America - many times champions of the Miss World. In fact: it would make more sense to say that Latin mises resemble Europeans since ancestry is generally European - native beauty is very underrepresented in these contests.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[/COLOR]

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[/COLOR]

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[/COLOR]

I went back to look at them after reading your post. If you ignore the differences in pigmentation, these four Ligurian women have basically the same general facial structure.

Either that means it's relatively prevalent there and/or that's what the judges think is beautiful. :)

Yet, I can't offhand remember the last time Miss Liguria won.

You can find that type in other areas of Italy too. Here is Miriam Leone of Sicily. I don't think the hair is her real color, but it certainly suits her. She looks like Botticelli's Venus here. :)

2d03bc7c9cd8478d2ac717c2e5d14ca3.jpg

This is Giusy Buscemi. I think she's gorgeous, but the bone structure is stronger I think, lips fuller etc.

w0A3OcYfzq0HsC5tEa1KFrmVVW2.jpg

Also, absolutely stunning imo.
Screenshot_20190907_015309.jpg

I went back to look at them after reading your post. If you ignore the differences in pigmentation, these four Ligurian women have basically the same general facial structure.

Either that means it's relatively prevalent there and/or that's what the judges think is beautiful. :)

Yet, I can't offhand remember the last time Miss Liguria won.

You can find that type in other areas of Italy too. Here is Miriam Leone of Sicily. I don't think the hair is her real color, but it certainly suits her. She looks like Botticelli's Venus here. :)

2d03bc7c9cd8478d2ac717c2e5d14ca3.jpg

This is Giusy Buscemi. I think she's gorgeous, but the bone structure is stronger I think, lips fuller etc.

w0A3OcYfzq0HsC5tEa1KFrmVVW2.jpg

Also, absolutely stunning imo.
Screenshot_20190907_015309.jpg

All beautiful. The redhead is certainly dyed because you can see her natural root, but she looks amazing redhead. Her eyes are incredible. About phenotypes and regions: it makes sense that in northern Italy the light phenotypes are a little more common, but I believe that there is not much difference in general.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[/COLOR]

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[/COLOR]

This thread has been viewed 18034 times.

Back