Y-DNA Haplogroups of U.S. Presidents

None of the presidents were personally tested. All are predictions based on tested cousins descending from a common shared ancestor, so there is always the possibility of a non-paternity-event. In other words none are 100% certain - just highly probable.

very true
I learned my own name was st. john in basque
1600 years is the oldest writing..
in my y group today it has (by majority)
these names mean john:
donovan (oldest known writing is christian crusader. it is basque donibane 400AD)
jackson, jack
johnson, johanisson
hensen, hanson
and the only plain english St,john was found in france.
and many surnames extinct with variant spellings

Adams
Andrews, anders, anderson

they are not only r1b..
they are sons of donovan (dondubhan).
christian names.
the swedes took over BTW. Anderson and johanisson especially
I am called L238 norse as a final subclade.

we have MANY npe.
the humorous ones are ending up in a different surname that had the same ancient father anyway,
gets very confusing. :)

It doesn't surprise me the fact the majority of US presidents are R1b

It's just statistically the most likely, since most were of Western European origin, and more specifically English, Irish, Scotch or French, Northern Europe, possibly Scandinavian ancestry. I would expect, like the estimations up top, that most would at least be R1b, then probably some version I1 and/or I2, and then a few outliers as is representative of most of Western/North Central Europe.

Thought there might be a G in there somewhere, but otherwise, it would seem to fall within the framework of broader, mainly Wesrern European population dispersal.

If Nixon is E1b1a that's a bit interesting. Possible Jewish Or plausible Neolithic Mid East agriculturalist root through Europe? Either way, wouldn't that be a bit ironic given some of his apparent opinions. And he wouldn't be the only lineage of English descent with that Levantine founder origin. All though, I thought he was of the Irish Nixon's as well, in which case I think he'd more likely be R1b as well. But it would make sense if he was from an English lineage of Mid East/Levant origin as well.

It's just statistically the most likely, since most were of Western European origin, and more specifically English, Irish, Scotch or French, Northern Europe, possibly Scandinavian ancestry. I would expect, like the estimations up top, that most would at least be R1b, then probably some version I1 and/or I2, and then a few outliers as is representative of most of Western/North Central Europe.

Thought there might be a G in there somewhere, but otherwise, it would seem to fall within the framework of broader, mainly Wesrern European population dispersal.

If Nixon is E1b1a that's a bit interesting. Possible Jewish Or plausible Neolithic Mid East agriculturalist root through Europe? Either way, wouldn't that be a bit ironic given some of his apparent opinions. And he wouldn't be the only lineage of English descent with that Levantine founder origin. All though, I thought he was of the Irish Nixon's as well, in which case I think he'd more likely be R1b as well. But it would make sense if he was from an English lineage of Mid East/Levant origin as well.

This is the Nixon project site:
https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Nixon DNA Project?iframe=yresults

His haplogroup seems to be unusual, but the direct ancestor came from England it seems.

Haplogroup E-L19:
https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-L19/

There are some English branches downstream:
https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-FGC18960/
https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-FGC34331/
https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-A930/

Considering their age and context, they might be from Roman settlers, slaves, merchants or soldiers from North Africa, related to North African Berbers possibly. There are some independent branches in Britain, from that time, so this was not just about single individuals, but probably groups of settlers or soldiers. That's at least one plausible scenario to me.

i don't know some sites say his direct paternal line
was this ::confused:

President Nixon’s patrilineal line can be traced to James Nixon, who was born, c. 1705, in Cappagh, Tyrone, Ireland.

in geni site his dirtect paternal line was
this :

William Nixon
Birthdate:1680
Birthplace:Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom

i still think most of the chance
statistically that he was r1b or I1 rather then e1b1b1
:unsure:

his ancestors

RSE34641.jpg

img_2801_large.jpg

20976_1046487983_large.jpg

img_2803_large.jpg

p.s
andrew johnson was e1b1b1 -v13 though

i don't know some sites say his direct paternal line
was this ::confused:

President Nixon’s patrilineal line can be traced to James Nixon, who was born, c. 1705, in Cappagh, Tyrone, Ireland.

in geni site his dirtect paternal line was
this :

William Nixon
Birthdate:
Birthplace:
Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom

There are some E1b1b project members with roots in Staffordshire. The unusual thing about Nixon wouldn't be E1b1b, but if he would be E-L19. E-V13 in Britain isn't really exotic, just not that common, but E-L19 is definitely exotic, but then again, most likely present since about 2.000 years on the Isles as well.

There are some E1b1b project members with roots in Staffordshire. The unusual thing about Nixon wouldn't be E1b1b, but if he would be E-L19. E-V13 in Britain isn't really exotic, just not that common, but E-L19 is definitely exotic, but then again, most likely present since about 2.000 years on the Isles as well.

some e-L19 branch exist in britain also ;)
https://www.pf2431.com/distribution
could arrived during roman times :unsure:

Attachments

• horatio-greenough-george-washington-1832-1841-marble-114-high.jpg
    horatio-greenough-george-washington-1832-1841-marble-114-high.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 5
Given the Norman-originated surname of Washington I'm not too surprised. Might be from Hallstatt, La Tene, or Roman movements to Northern France and subsequently Britain around 1066.

At least one Norman family, the Fitzrandolphs, are very possibly paternal descendants of Romans (U152>Z56>Z145...) which corroborates with the claimed Roman lineage of the family in Medieval times.

This thread has been viewed 24826 times.

Back