Is it common to have so many hair color variations during your life?

Very often the rule is: colour at birth (when hair!) like the adult colour (spite even adult it tends to darken slowly), then lightening about some months, (more or less) before to darken again); the change between birth and adulthood is less evident if the adult will be light haired; among future adult dark haired people, the constraste could be very striking, particularly in equilibrated mixed pops (heterozygoty and genetic dominance maybe not plain before some age?); in generally dark haired pops, the stage of lightening doesn't go so far. One problem: a lot of people don't evaluate correctly the babies hair colour at birth, for technical reasons. (wet, glued and tiny hairs, often)
As a rule too, very bright red hairs tend to tarnish with age, sometimes abruptly after adolescence, spite the eyebrows, body hairs keep their original colour, and skin keep on very light. BTW red hairs tend often to whiten early.
Every rule has its exceptions. Someones know more 'cahotic' evolutions, but it's seldom.
I think that, as said by some forumers, hormones seems to play a role: changes in colour and texture occur, not so rarely, during pregnancy, and not always in the same proportions for every baby. Some cases too for people undergoing chimiotherapy (colour, texture).
Angela, your #3 post put the shame on me, poor man without faith! (LOL).

Very often the rule is: colour at birth (when hair!) like the adult colour (spite even adult it tends to darken slowly), then lightening about some months, (more or less) before to darken again); the change between birth and adulthood is less evident if the adult will be light haired; among future adult dark haired people, the constraste could be very striking, particularly in equilibrated mixed pops (heterozygoty and genetic dominance maybe not plain before some age?); in generally dark haired pops, the stage of lightening doesn't go so far. One problem: a lot of people don't evaluate correctly the babies hair colour at birth, for technical reasons. (wet, glued and tiny hairs, often)
As a rule too, very bright red hairs tend to tarnish with age, sometimes abruptly after adolescence, spite the eyebrows, body hairs keep their original colour, and skin keep on very light. BTW red hairs tend often to whiten early.
Every rule has its exceptions. Someones know more 'cahotic' evolutions, but it's seldom.
I think that, as said by some forumers, hormones seems to play a role: changes in colour and texture occur, not so rarely, during pregnancy, and not always in the same proportions for every baby. Some cases too for people undergoing chimiotherapy (colour, texture).
Angela, your #3 post put the shame on me, poor man without faith! (LOL).

I risked the wrath of my son by posting pictures of him as a month old baby, a four year old, and an eighteen year old! :) No harm done; I took all the pictures down pretty soon. :)

I think I even showed you a picture of my platinum haired daughter when she made her first communion. Had she found out my life wouldn't have been worth living! :)

The roll of the genetic dice can have strange results, at least with Italians.

I risked the wrath of my son by posting pictures of him as a month old baby, a four year old, and an eighteen year old! :) No harm done; I took all the pictures down pretty soon. :)

I think I even showed you a picture of my platinum haired daughter when she made her first communion. Had she found out my life wouldn't have been worth living! :)

The roll of the genetic dice can have strange results, at least with Italians.

I 'have confidence in you, Angela.
This last sentance of mine was kind of a joke. But at first (long ago now) I found it very doubtful. But exceptions or curious cases exist, and I accept it. example: Very light eyed parents having darker eyed children is very seldom, but it occurs (in Poland by example, according to someones), and some explanations, sensible, have been proposed (interaction of several sensitive loci).
Don't worry, I trust you.

I 'have confidence in you, Angela.
This last sentance of mine was kind of a joke. But at first (long ago now) I found it very doubtful. But exceptions or curious cases exist, and I accept it. example: Very light eyed parents having darker eyed children is very seldom, but it occurs (in Poland by example, according to someones), and some explanations, sensible, have been proposed (interaction of several sensitive loci).
Don't worry, I trust you.

I was only teasing you, Moesan.

Humor doesn't always translate when you're only communicating through words. :)

I was born with curly black hairs, got ash blond at the age of 7-10, from 24 on got darker again, and with 60 the curly hairs returned somewhat grayish.

This thread has been viewed 10648 times.

Back