Kinship, acquired and inherited status, and population structure at the Early Bronze

it is out finally
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-89090-x

Figure 1

41598_2021_89090_Fig2_HTML.png

6sHdhtI.png

From the study concerning admixture.

"When projected onto a PCA of European populations, all Mokrin samples fallwithin modern European genetic variation, clustering in the midst ofmodern northern, eastern, and southern Europeans (SupplementaryFigure S3).

We estimated individual admixture proportions under the assumption that the composition of a European Bronze Age population can be sufficiently well modeled with three components: Iron Gates hunter-gatherers, Aegean Neolithic farmers, and eastern European steppe-like populations. ... Pooling individuals, admixture proportions are estimated to be around 12.5% Iron Gates hunter gatherers, 53.7% Aegean Neolithic farmers, and 33.8% Eastern European steppe-like population."

BA Serbians had a similar skin complexion as modern Spaniards.Ola'. And the frequency of blue eyes among BA Serbians is similar to the frequency of blue eyes found in Tuscany.

Phenotypic markers

We estimated frequencies of a set of markers related to ***mentation phenotypes in the Mokrin sample by calculating individual genotype likelihoods using a Bayesian approach implemented in ATLAS53. The frequency of the derived allele at rs16891982*G (SLC45A2) was 0.7098 (CI 0.5365–0.8476; N = 15) and at rs1426654*A (SLC24A5) 1 (CI 0.8899–1; N = 15); both are associated with skin de***mentation in Europeans54. Comparable frequencies can be found in modern day populations in Spain (SLC45A2: 0.8178, SLC24A5: 1). The frequency of the derived G allele at rs12913832 in the HERC2 gene, which is strongly associated with iris de***mentation, was estimated to be 0.4498 (CI 0.2946–0.6127; N = 20), similar to modern day populations in Tuscany (0.4206; CI 0.4206 – 0.4415).

Thanks for another interesting paper kingjohn. Keep bringing them on. Besides, cool that they've detected J2b in BA Serbia. However, still, no E-V13 found. It's becoming a running gag.

the running will end soon :)
if the bulgarian leak was correct
than we should expect some e-v13 in iron age bulgaria :unsure:

Kinship, acquired and inherited status, and population structure at the Early Bronze Age Mokrin necropolis in northern Serbia.
Aleksandra Zegarac, Laura Winkelbach, Jens Bloecher, Yoan Diekmann, Marija Kreckovic Gavrilovic, Marko Porcic, Biljana Stojkovic, Lidija Milasinovic, Mona Schreiber, Daniel Wegmann, Krishna R Veeramah, Sofija Stefanovic, Joachim Burger
doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.05.18.101337
This article is a preprint and has not been certified by peer review [what does this mean?].
AbstractInfo/HistoryMetrics Preview PDF
Abstract
Twenty-four ancient genomes with an average sequencing coverage of 0.85 were produced from the Mokrin necropolis, an Early Bronze Age (2,100-1,800 BC) Maros culture site in Serbia, to provide unambiguous identification of biological sex, population structure, and genetic kinship between individuals. Of the 24 investigated individuals, 15 were involved in kinship relationships of varying degrees, including 3 parent-offspring relationships. All observed parent-offspring pairs were mother and son. In addition to the absence of biological daughters, we observed a number of young women and girls with no biological relatives in our sample. These observations, together with the high mitochondrial diversity in our sample, are consistent with the practice of female exogamy in the population served by Mokrin. However, moderate-to-high Y-chromosomal diversity suggests a degree of male mobility greater than that expected under strict patrilocality. Individual status differences at Mokrin, as indicated by grave goods, support the inference that females could inherit status, but could not transmit status to all their sons. The case of a son whose grave good richness outstrips that of his biological mother suggests that sons had the possibility to acquire status during their lifetimes. The Mokrin sample resembles a genetically unstructured population, suggesting that the social hierarchies of the community were not accompanied by strict marriage barriers.
( r1b , I2 , j2b , bt)
mt haplogr. Y haplogr.
122E XY 6-9 1.09 U5a2b1a I2a1b
122S XX 35-50 0.78 H32 *
161 XX 9-11 1.20 H80 *
163 XY 45-55 1.21 U4a2 J2b
181 XX >18 0.62 U4a2 *
186 XX 8-11 0.33 H1aj *
211 XY 50-55 0.79 U5a2b1a I2a1b
220 XY 15-25 0.64 T2b11 R1b1a2a2c1
223 XX 7-10 0.39 U3a1 *
224 XX 25-40 0.77 T2b *
225 XY 25-35 0.82 J1b1a1 R1b1a2a2c1
228 XX 35-50 0.95 J1c *
237 XX 15-20 0.89 T2b *
243 XY 20-35 1.12 H BT
246 XX 45-50 0.98 H80 *
247 XX 10-12 0.90 H1 *
257 A XX 40-60 0.60 H *
257 B XY inf.I 0.61 K1a4 R1b1a2a2c1a1
260 XY 15-18 0.92 J1c I2a2a1a2a2
282 XY 15-20 1.41 H2b BT
287 XX 20-35 0.81 U5b2a2c *
288 XX 60+ 0.81 HV0e *
295 XY 15-20 0.82 H80 I2a1a
302 XX 20-35 0.89 J1c *

Thank you KingJohn. It’s at least curious that MTA - MyTrueAncestry, give-me 13 matches from Mokrin among the 125 ancient matches displayed by them to me, with distances that vary from 10.95 to 15.04

16. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 10.95 - MOK10
96 %
match vs all users

23. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 11.43 - MOK29
94 %
match vs all users

25. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 11.45 - MOK27
98 %
match vs all users

42. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 12.28 - MOK20
94 %
match vs all users

58. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 12.99 - MOK26
97 %
match vs all users

75. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 13.53 - MOK15
98 %
match vs all users

79. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 13.6 - MOK25
96 %
match vs all users

85. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 13.95 - MOK21
48 %
match vs all users

97. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 14.49 - MOK18
97 %
match vs all users

105. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 14.99 - MOK17
98 %
match vs all users

108. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 15.04 - MOK14
76 %
match vs all users

109. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 15.04 - MOK13
76 %
match vs all users

110. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 15.04 - MOK33b
76 %
match vs all users

4As69ct.jpg

94 %

98 %

48 %

76 %

76 %

Does anybody know how much Steppe present-day Serbs score? The BA ones scored a similar level of Steppe admixture as modern Northern Italians

Does anybody know how much Steppe present-day Serbs score? The BA ones scored a similar level of Steppe admixture as modern Northern Italians

i assume modern serbs have a little bit higher steppe ( maybe because slavic invasion)
but i might be wrong here ....:unsure:

from the paper :

oh9Fnqv.png

p.s
by the way i will keep this papers coming as long as anthrogenica do so :LOL:

This is hype!

Interesting that out of 8 Y samples. Only 3 were buried with weapons. And two of them are in their 50s.
This could be due to some sort of meritocracy, long life more chance to gain material goods (most likely explanation), as the other Y-s are generally young and with not much grave goods except 122E who could be somehow related to the high status 211.

Edit: Another explanation could be there was not much militaristic need. We see quite a diverse non homogeneous population as far as DNA goes. Maybe life back then was not as bloody as one might think.

The Iron Gates HGs still formed a significant percentage of their ancestry.

Interesting that I2a1 was already there; came to the area way before the Slavs, apparently, yes?

More steppe than in Bronze Age Italy and certainly than in Bronze Age Greece. Easier access I suppose.

Certainly no R1a yet, so perhaps only arrived with Slavs.

That also means Corded Ware probably didn't go south, so not responsible for Indo-Europeanization in Greece either. So much for some of the "analyses". Indo-Europeanization was from R1b people perhaps, although there's not very much in modern Greece.

I too would be interested to see the break down for modern Serbs.

They're probably somewhere in between Croatians and Bulgarians I would guess, maybe leaning more toward Croatians?

The Iron Gates HGs still formed a significant percentage of their ancestry.

Interesting that I2a1 was already there; came to the area way before the Slavs, apparently, yes?

More steppe than in Bronze Age Italy and certainly than in Bronze Age Greece. Easier access I suppose.

Certainly no R1a yet, so perhaps only arrived with Slavs.

That also means Corded Ware probably didn't go south, so not responsible for Indo-Europeanization in Greece either. So much for some of the "analyses". Indo-Europeanization was from R1b people perhaps, although there's not very much in modern Greece.

I too would be interested to see the break down for modern Serbs.

They're probably somewhere in between Croatians and Bulgarians I would guess, maybe leaning more toward Croatians?

Similar to my thoughts so far. The presence of J2B2 along with the R1B makes me also think that L283 might have been incorporated somewhere out of Europe during the IE expansions, and came to Europe already as Indo Europeans, or possibly there was an older proto IE connection of the two.

The thing that surprises me the most is the BT haplogroup. :O Isn't that an upstream clade of the out of Africa expansion. What could this mean?

Y-DNA_tree.GIF

Similar to my thoughts so far. The presence of J2B2 along with the R1B makes me also think that L283 might have been incorporated somewhere out of Europe during the IE expansions, and came to Europe already as Indo Europeans, or possibly there was an older proto IE connection of the two.

The thing that surprises me the most is the BT haplogroup. :O Isn't that an upstream clade of the out of Africa expansion. What could this mean?

Y-DNA_tree.GIF

Or it was incorporated somewhere like Cucuteni or Globular Amphora or near modern day Moldova. We'll have to wait and see.

Yes, that's an odd y Dna to show up, but the odd European will show up with "C" too. There are some rare cases of survival from the Paleolithic.

It happens with mtDna as well. I'm U2e2. We're almost all gone, but occasionally a modern person will show up with it.

Or it was incorporated somewhere like Cucuteni or Globular Amphora or near modern day Moldova. We'll have to wait and see.

Yes, that's an odd y Dna to show up, but the odd European will show up with "C" too. There are some rare cases of survival from the Paleolithic.

It happens with mtDna as well. I'm U2e2. We're almost all gone, but occasionally a modern person will show up with it.

Yes. Moldova makes sense too. Depends on the exact branch and the exact time period if some rumors are true.

Comments from Davidski over at Eurogenes seem to indicate there is another ancient L283 (Eneolithic) in the pipeline from the Romania/Moldova border. Very interesting if true.

https://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2020/12/looking-forward-to-post-covid-19-world.html

dCzfBU5.png

What you just wrote is like when there would be 10000 years old ancient R1 found in Western Europe, it would be a reason to assume presence of R1b in Western Europe since 10000 years ago.

So superficial...

Y-DNA BT is rare or non-existent even on Africa.

On higher re solution they might be either Y-DNA C1a2 or E-V13, as usually they refuse or turn a blind-eye when it comes to E-M78, like they refused to correct Ramsess III Y-DNA mistake and assign it to E-M78.

Y-DNA BT is rare or non-existent even on Africa.

On higher re solution they might be either Y-DNA C1a2 or E-V13, as usually they refuse or turn a blind-eye when it comes to E-M78, like they refused to correct Ramsess III Y-DNA mistake and assign it to E-M78.

It is annoying that in the year 2021 they can't anlayse those 2 farther than BT :rolleyes:
E-v13 is a logical option ...

It is annoying that in the year 2021 they can't anlayse those 2 farther than BT :rolleyes:
E-v13 is a logical option ...

Technically if they are low-re solution J, G, H, P, I are as equal option as E-V13 because all of these are under BT. There is zero chance those two samples are actual BT.

Technically if they are low-re solution J, G, H, P, I are as equal option as E-V13 because all of these are under BT. There is zero chance those two samples are actual BT.

maybe some expert will be able to read something more derived
when he will read the bam file of those 2

It was really strange that they found no E but instead BT.

It was really strange that they found no E but instead BT.

BT is just low-r****ution, they couldn't go down the tree because of poor DNA sample?

I highly doubt any individual bearing Y-DNA BT which is hypothetical ancestor of Y-DNA E,D, C, F will live in Europe.

This thread has been viewed 23978 times.

Back