bigsnake49

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Thracian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7558 (LDNA)
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a1b
Reminds me of a plenty of southern European nations. I have seen Greeks, Bulgarians, Romanians, Serbians and even Ukrainians of a very similar appearance.

Sorry, Bigsnake, I know who she is so I can't play.

:grin:

I'll say what should be obvious to everyone: small Med, and very beautiful even as she's getting older.

:grin:

I'll say what should be obvious to everyone: small Med, and very beautiful even as she's getting older.

I don't want the rest to get the wrong impression on her stature which is 5'7":grin:.

Hey @Duarte, do you have a guess?

BTW I did not choose the best picture I could find on purpose.

Her name is Morena Baccarin, a Brazilian American actress. She came to the US when she was 7 with her family. She is of Italian descent according to Wikipedia. You have probably seen her in Homeland or Deadpool or Deadpool 2 or Firefly or Serenity or Gotham. Exotic looking beauty!

Her name is Morena Baccarin, a Brazilian American actress. She came to the US when she was 7 with her family. She is of Italian descent according to Wikipedia. You have probably seen her in Homeland or Deadpool or Deadpool 2 or Firefly or Serenity or Gotham. Exotic looking beauty!
I was impressed with her beauty when I first saw her in Homeland. I didn't even know she is Brazilian till after some episodes.

Her full name, which includes "Silva de Vaz", suggests she may have also "Brazilian" ancestry. So I believe she must be Italian and Iberian, with some NA and SSA.

This is her father (journalist):
morena6.jpg

Her mother (actress):
vera-setta_a80226.jpg

Her maternal uncle (actor):
ivan-setta.jpg

I was impressed with her beauty when I first saw her in Homeland. I didn't even know she is Brazilian till after some episodes.
Her full name, which includes "Silva de Vaz", suggests she may have also "Brazilian" ancestry. So I believe she must be Italian and Iberian, with some NA and SSA.
This is her father (journalist):
morena6.jpg

Her mother (actress):
vera-setta_a80226.jpg

Her maternal uncle (actor):
ivan-setta.jpg

I agree. Despite the fact that Italy has small med head shapes and faces, she doesn't look very Italian to me. There's something "other".

Gorgeous woman.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I really don't see any South American influences in her. Her mother looks like a typical Italian/Greek mother and her father could fit anywhere in the Med. Her maternal uncle also could pass as local anywhere in Greece particularly in Crete/Peloponnese/Sicily/Calabria/Corsica.

Hey @Duarte, do you have a guess?

BTW I did not choose the best picture I could find on purpose.

Sorry @bigsnake. I've been distracted and haven't seen your post. @Regio X has said it all. She is very beautiful and a great example of the continuous Brazilian miscegenation that results in very beautiful types. She has a beautiful tropical seasoning that remembers the beauty of South Europe women. You have made a great choice and show good taste in choosing feminine types.
Cheers ;)

Last edited:
Sorry @bigsnake. I've been distracted and haven't seen your post. @Regio X has said it all. She is very beautiful and a great example of the continuous Brazilian miscegenation that results in very beautiful types. She has a beautiful tropical seasoning that remembers the bauty of South Europe women. You have made a great choice and show good taste in choosing feminine types.
Cheers ;)
In honor of Brazilian women:
https://www.pinterest.com/briane508/beautiful-brazilian-women/
I am also a big fan of Adriana Lima.

She is definitely a gorgeous woman. I looked here: http://portuguesephenotype.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-phenotype-of-portuguese.html

for a woman that she's closest to but can't really find one.

@bigsbake49

dQQV2XT.jpg

This man is 91 years old is son of a brother of my maternal great-grandmother, Filomena. Guerra family. Brazilian of Portuguese nationality born in Belo Horizonte. The family is from the town of Reigada, in Figueira do Castelo Rodrigo, on the border with Galicia, Spain. He has very blue eyes, like almost all the men in my maternal grandmother's family. Curiosly, my maternal gradmother were very light woman, but had brown eyes and hair, as did my great-grandmother, his aunt. My great-grandmother was practically abandoned by her family in Brazil. Almost whole her family returned to Portugal, and she was rescued by Joaquim Viegas, my maternal great-grandfather of Spanish origin and with very blue eyes, also, with whom she married, thanks God. There was a small rapprochement when my great-grandmother passed away, but that did not hold up over time. He is a very rich man, but I believe that today that he and his descendants, must not be so much better than I am. The world spins. I prefer not to meet you in person. After all, he is just a son of a great-great-uncle mine. He is highly respected in Belo Horizonte.

Below, an old photo of him with his family, taked in the main entrance of the Our Lady of Lourdes’ Church, in Belo Horizonte. In this church, the social elite of the city like of getting married and showing off ;) They are examples of Portuguese types.

8IZh3FI.jpg

@bigsbake49

dQQV2XT.jpg

This man is 91 years old is son of a brother of my maternal great-grandmother, Filomena. Guerra family. Brazilian of Portuguese nationality born in Belo Horizonte. The family is from the town of Reigada, in Figueira do Castelo Rodrigo, on the border with Galicia, Spain. He has very blue eyes, like almost all the men in my maternal grandmother's family. Curiosly, my maternal gradmother were very light woman, but had brown eyes and hair, as did my great-grandmother, his aunt. My great-grandmother was practically abandoned by her family in Brazil. Almost whole her family returned to Portugal, and she was rescued by Joaquim Viegas, my maternal great-grandfather of Spanish origin and with very blue eyes, also, with whom she married, thanks God. There was a small rapprochement when my great-grandmother passed away, but that did not hold up over time. He is a very rich man, but I believe that today that he and his descendants, must not be so much better than I am. The world spins. I prefer not to meet you in person. After all, he is just a son of a great-great-uncle mine. He is highly respected in Belo Horizonte.

Below, an old photo of him with his family, taked in the main entrance of the Our Lady of Lourdes’ Church, in Belo Horizonte. In this church, the social elite of the city like of getting married and showing off ;) They are examples of Portuguese types.

8IZh3FI.jpg

Looking at the Portuguese phenotype site I cited in post #13 above, I see a lot of Celtic influences among both the men and the women.

Morena Baccarin has also a Brazilian Portuguese surname, de Vaz is Portuguese and definitely not an Italian surname. Her Italian ancestry might be a mix of northern and southern Italian ancestry, Setta is a surname from Abruzzo, Baccarin is Venetian, Silva might be both Lombard or Iberian/Portuguese.

Morena Baccarin has also a Brazilian Portuguese surname, de Vaz is Portuguese and definitely not an Italian surname. Her Italian ancestry might be a mix of northern and southern Italian ancestry, Setta is a surname from Abruzzo, Baccarin is Venetian, Silva might be both Lombard or Iberian/Portuguese.

yes, Baccarin is Venetian , 70% from Padua province ......................origins are...Baccaro means tavern in Venetian language

This thread has been viewed 10611 times.

Back