Y-DNA haplogroup
e-fgc7391 500CE
mtDNA haplogroup
h3ap
some group administrator posted this
should be very soon ( some waves ):unsure:

FamilyTreeDNA Update

Dear Group Project Administrators,

We are excited to announce the following updates that we will begin releasing today, June 5th, and in the coming weeks.

myOrigins 3.0

We have nearly tripled the number of populations in Family Finder's myOrigins report! We will release a white paper in the coming months that will include the science behind the new myOrigins, but here is a little information about the new populations.

New Populations
  • The new myOrigins includes 90 reference populations sourced from 8,053 individual samples.
  • These populations break down as follows:
    • 33 from Asia and Oceania
    • 27 from Europe and the Middle East
    • 21 from Africa and the Americas
When will users get results?
  • Approximately 287,000 testers will display the update upon release next week.
  • The remainder of the database will be updated in waves.
  • Priority will be given to those who have most recently signed in to their kits.
  • Those who have not signed in for a year or more will be last to get the updated version of myOrigins.
  • For those kits who do not receive the update next week, an email will be sent to the primary email address on the kit when the new results are ready to view.
  • New testers or transfers who get results after the release will receive only the myOrigins 3.0 results, not the 2.0.
  • A CSV file summary of myOrigins 2.0 results will be available on the dashboard for a limited time.

Big Y STR Results

Thanks to the improvement in our Big Y STR technology and quality thresholds, reanalyzing current Big Y data is allowing us to provide additional STR values at no charge. SNP results will not be affected by this update.

This reanalysis will go as follows:
  • Big Y-700 customers should have received additional STR calls in Panels 6 and 7 over the last few weeks.
  • Big Y-500 customers will receive additional STR calls in Panels 6 and 7 in the next few days.
  • Once all customers have been updated, STR calls in Panels 6 and 7 for all customers will be refined based on improvements to our quality control thresholds.
It’s important to note:
  • For Big Y-700 testers, up until now, if there was a call at a location in the 500 but not in the 700, we preserved the 500 call. With the update to the STR calling process, Big Y-700 testers will only have those STRs called in the 700, which may mean some no-calls at positions that previously had values.
  • While Big Y-500 customers will receive some additional STR values, the only way to guarantee that a tester receives the full 700 STRs is to upgrade to Big Y-700.

If you have any questions about these updates, please contact the FamilyTreeDNA Groups Team at [email protected].

We hope you are all safe and healthy. Thank you for all of the work you do with your projects!

Sincerely,
FamilyTreeDNA

That will be wonderful because for me they have South East Europe that includes Italy, Greece and the Balkans.

Finally, This has taken forever to come. let's hope 3.0 is better

It is been postponed, let come it will come soon :)

It is been postponed, let come it will come soon :)

Yes i saw
they took step back
bummer :unsure:

Dear Group Project Administrators,

We are delaying the release of myOrigins 3.0. After discovering issues in the final stages of QA, we've made the difficult decision to postpone the release to avoid the risk of compromising the stability of our website as we work to address the issue.

When we have an expected launch date, we will let you know. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve all issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience and for the change in plans.
If you have any questions, please contact the FamilyTreeDNA Groups Team at [email protected].

Sincerely,
FamilyTreeDNA

Here it is:)

VsFTPm0.png

father

HwK2vyr.png

mother is too pure here:)
QSOC2jV.png

My new one .............the 8% Anatolian I had has finally disappeared ,

Europe 100%

Southern Europe
Italian Peninsula
45%

Greece & Balkans
11%

Sardinia
5%

Western Europe
Great Britain
19%

Central Europe
10%

Eastern Europe
East Slavic
5%

Baltic
Baltic
5%

Better , than previous version...................different to Ancestry, 23andme and MyHeritages ones

Europe100%

Southern Europe
66%

Iberian Peninsula
39%

Sardinia
13%

Basque
11%

Italian Peninsula
3%

Greece & Balkans
info
<0%

Malta & Sicily
info
<0%

Western Europe
31%

Central Europe
28%

Ireland
3%

Eastern Europe

West Slavic
2%

East Slavic
info
<0%

Magyar
info
<0%

Finnish

<2%

I did not know they were updating it, they had not warned me

Not for all users. Not available for me for while.

b3vpbfH.jpg

Last edited:
Not for all users. Not available for me for while.

b3vpbfH.jpg

Done. Today my results are available. Europe 96% (63% Iberian, 28% Italian, 5% Central Europe, 1% Scadinavian), 2% Middle Eastern (2% Noth African - Magreb and Egypt) and 2% Africa (Congo). Logical results, considering that I am mainly a Colonial Portuguese and I am in a different clade than the one represented by the IBS (Iberian population of Spain), as shown in the latest figure:

Postsript: 90% Southern Europe. Nice :)(y)

fdoYolR.jpg

PsNjZ49.jpg

N5uT4sw.png

Done. Today my results are available. Europe 96% (63% Iberian, 28% Italian, 5% Central Europe, 1% Scadinavian), 2% Middle Eastern (2% Noth African - Magreb and Egypt) and 2% Africa (Congo). Logical results, considering that I am mainly a Colonial Portuguese and I am in a different clade than the one represented by the IBS (Iberian population of Spain), as shown in the latest figure:

fdoYolR.jpg

PsNjZ49.jpg

N5uT4sw.png

nice :cool-v:
look like they ftdna more or less nailed it this time :unsure:
your italian peninsula in also high
do you happen to have northern italian ancestery ?
( since many white brazilians do ) :unsure:
regards
adam

nice :cool-v:
look like they ftdna more or less nailed it this time :unsure:
your italian peninsula in also high
do you happen to have northern italian ancestery ?
( since many white brazilians do ) :unsure:
regards
adam

Hi Adam.
I have no news of Italian ancestors in my family (maternal and paternal). In fact, most autosomal calculators give me a high percentage of Italians. Until proven otherwise, I believe in the overlap of Iberians with northern Italians. Thank you very much for starting this topic. Today I'm out of juice. Tomorrow I will repay the courtesy of you having liked my post. (y):):)

Europe
85%
Southern Europe

Italian Peninsula
49%
Greece & Balkans
18%
Iberian Peninsula
4%

Western Europe
Central Europe
8%

Eastern Europe
East Slavic
7%

Americas
12%
Americas

Amerindian – Central & South Mexico
11%
Amerindian – Andes & Caribbean
info
<1%
Amerindian – Central America
info
<1%

Middle East
<3%
North Africa
Maghreb & Egypt
info
<3%

Africa
<2%
Horn of Africa
Eritrea, Northern Ethiopia & Somalia
info
<2%

Some things have surprised me:

1- In my maternal line, Portuguese and Spanish surnames predominate widely. However, my Iberian component is 4%, while the East Slavic is 7%.

2-The Amerindians of my country were related to tribes of the Pampas and the south of Brazil. However, my main Amerindian component is from southern Mexico (11%). It is not impossible ... but it is highly unlikely.

3-The African slaves who came to South America came, almost entirely from the African Atlantic facade. However, my sub-Saharan component is from the Horn of Africa (<2%) ....

Europe 96%
Southern Europe
Italian Peninsula 45%

Greece & Balkans 34%

Eastern Europe
Magyar 13%

Baltic
Baltic4%

Middle East4%
Middle East
Anatolia, Armenia, & Mesopotamia 4%

Middle East Jewish
Mizrahi Jewish<1%

Europe 96%
Southern Europe
Italian Peninsula 45%

Greece & Balkans 34%

Eastern Europe
Magyar 13%

Baltic
Baltic4%

Middle East4%
Middle East
Anatolia, Armenia, & Mesopotamia 4%

Middle East Jewish
Mizrahi Jewish<1%

What's up with all the Magyar component all of a sudden for Greeks?

This thread has been viewed 28339 times.

Back