My origins 3.0 is very soon

My old results were 97% Great Britain and 3% Scandinavia.

Here are my updated results -

Europe100%
Western Europe
England, Wales, and Scotland
35%

Ireland
34%

Scandinavia
30%

Eastern Europe
Magyar

<1%

Having done extensive research on my family tree going back hundreds of years, I have never found one single forbear from either Ireland or Scandinavia. How they come up with 34% Ireland and 30% Scandinavia is beyond me.

71% West Slavic
11% Baltic
7% England, Wales and Scotland

3% Greece and Balkans

<4% Southern Caucasus
<3% Druze
<2% Anatolia, Armenia & Mesopotamia
<1% Sephardic Jewish

<1% Northeastern Siberia

100% Greece and Balkans

Wish there was more resolution/sub-regionalization.

maybe they used albanians and south bulgarians references for the greece -balkan cluster:unsure:

maybe they used albanians and south bulgarians references for the greece -balkan cluster:unsure:

yes, they use Southern Bulgarians for sure, I have seen Bulgarians from Thrace scoring 100% of this, I have Bulgarian ancestry from northeast Bulgaria and I have only 3% Greece and Balkans, probably other 3% are read as Slavic, I saw some my Bulgarian matches score 50% West Slavic / Magyar / East Slavic and 50% Greece and Balkans

received email that myorigins was upgraded yesterday

Europe 100%

Southern Europe

Italian Peninsula
45%
Greece & Balkans
11%
Sardinia
5%

Western Europe
19%
Central Europe
10%

Eastern Europe
East Slavic
5%

Baltic
5%

received email that myorigins was upgraded yesterday

Europe 100%

Southern Europe

Italian Peninsula
45%
Greece & Balkans
11%
Sardinia
5%

Western Europe
19%
Central Europe
10%

Eastern Europe
East Slavic
5%

Baltic
5%

Hello Torzio. Nice. In my case, nothing has changed, but it seems that the recent update did not please the British very much. Below I transcribe the post of a Scotsman did just 55 minutes ago, on the FTDNA forum ‘R DF27 and Subclades R1b-DF27 Subclades Project: DF27 + ZZ12 + Z195 + Z198 + Z209 + ’:

I'm going to mention Family Tree's newest MyOrigins results. I know this is a haplogroup forum, but I think this is only the third time FTDNA has done this in maybe six years now.

So I'll stop except now I'm kicked out of England and Scotland entirely at 0%. Seems I'm not in any of the Scottish Clan calculations here. But now I have Magyar and Greek, though!”

As it turns out, he is shocked by the new results displayed by My Origins ’. :grin::LOL:

Hello Torzio. Nice. In my case, nothing has changed, but it seems that the recent update did not please the British very much. Below I transcribe the post of a Scotsman did just 55 minutes ago, on the FTDNA forum ‘R DF27 and Subclades R1b-DF27 Subclades Project: DF27 + ZZ12 + Z195 + Z198 + Z209 + ’:

I'm going to mention Family Tree's newest MyOrigins results. I know this is a haplogroup forum, but I think this is only the third time FTDNA has done this in maybe six years now.

So I'll stop except now I'm kicked out of England and Scotland entirely at 0%. Seems I'm not in any of the Scottish Clan calculations here. But now I have Magyar and Greek, though!”

As it turns out, he is shocked by the new results displayed by My Origins ’. :grin::LOL:

LOL:LOL:

Ftdna has never been any good for admixture ...............

Hi Duarte. Neither in my case. I received the same email, but the only change I noticed was from the label "Great Britain" to something else (England etc.).

Last edited:
i thought I would update this link

these are only paternal side

bottom one in Italy is Nicolo Eschholz ............he is I1 ydna so no idea

most are I1 and G ydna

my maternal links

Lol! Mine are a little weird, not gonna lie.
Screenshot_20221022-212307.jpg

My results:

AmD5qEz.png

This thread has been viewed 28343 times.

Back