Politics Disbanding/Defunding the Police

I guess they don't read the New York Times.

Jun 13

Baltimore Residents Blame Record-High Murder Rate On Lower Police Presence https://npr.org/2017/12/31/574824963/baltimore-residents-blame-record-high-murder-rate-on-lower-police-presence?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

AOC and Ilhan Omar and the anti-fa crowd didn't get the memo either. :)

Looks like "CHAZ" is coming to an end soon, after two incidents of shootings:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/22/seattle-shooting-chaz-protest-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone[/FONT]

I guess they don't read the New York Times.

Jun 13

Baltimore Residents Blame Record-High Murder Rate On Lower Police Presence https://npr.org/2017/12/31/574824963/baltimore-residents-blame-record-high-murder-rate-on-lower-police-presence?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

AOC and Ilhan Omar and the anti-fa crowd didn't get the memo either. :)

I mean police officers are just giving these communities what they want. I disagree that the majority of blacks want police in their neighborhoods. I think most support BLM to the highest degree and think all cops are bad. White liberals think the exact same way but they live in gated communities with security away from minorities.

I mean police officers are just giving these communities what they want. I disagree that the majority of blacks want police in their neighborhoods. I think most support BLM to the highest degree and think all cops are bad. White liberals think the exact same way but they live in gated communities with security away from minorities.

You must not have had a lot of contact with inner city residents. The vast majority want more, not less police presence.

The big mouth progressives and self-proclaimed "leaders" the media decides should be heard are the ones getting all the attention.

You must not have had a lot of contact with inner city residents. The vast majority want more, not less police presence.

The big mouth progressives and self-proclaimed "leaders" the media decides should be heard are the ones getting all the attention.

That's certainly not the way they vote.

I don't know what is going on about election prospects and politics. Don't know what it means carceral cycles<more taxes and higher government debt to fix problem?>, however this one post by AOC went viral.
https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a32849383/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-defund-the-police/

That's how Mao's cultural revolution started and now it's coming to the west. I'm expecting to see our version of Robespierres and Marats setting up "Committees of Public Safety" at any moment, that or the soviets set up by Leninites too. That worked out really well, didn't it? MILLIONS died, or were sent to "re-education" camps, an idea of which the 60s and 70s radicals were very fond.

All anyone needs to know about Biden is that he appointed AOC as an advisor, and I think Omar as well. God knows I can't stand Trump as a human being, but I'm not about to vote for my own destruction either, and that of my children. How blind can people be?

I'm not the brightest tool in the shed. Didn't the progressives like Harry Laughlin believe in eugenics for Europeans <Italians-Eastern European types>and a new world order with one government?
As far as chairman Mao Zedong, wasn't Pol Pot inspired by his writings ?
One wonders if there is any truth that<mix Dems/Reps> Carter,Reagan,Bush,Clinton supported Pol Pot for a United Nations seat?

I'm not the brightest tool in the shed. Didn't the progressives like Harry Laughlin believe in eugenics for Europeans <Italians-Eastern European types>and a new world order with one government?
As far as chairman Mao Zedong, wasn't Pol Pot inspired by his writings ?
One wonders if there is any truth that<mix Dems/Reps> Carter,Reagan,Bush,Clinton supported Pol Pot for a United Nations seat?

About Pol Pot I'd have to check. The rest is true. Early progressives of the 20th century embraced both the Temperance Movement and the Eugenics movement. For example, Margaret Sanger of Planned Parenthood started the movement as a eugenics based method of getting rid of black people. They don't put that on their advertising literature anymore, obviously.

I think one has to keep in mind that the goal post has changed. Many of the things for which progressives fought have been adopted by modern western style democracies, and I'm all for it, i.e. regulation of our food supply, work safety rules, a social safety net, etc.

Problem is that it has moved, imo, far beyond that. Even by 1948, had I been alive then, it would have been far too much for me. The view of the Soviet Union,in particular, was criminally naive, or Henry Wallace and the leaders were just secretly communists.

It has only gotten worse, and become, imo, an actual call for communism, in addition to taking on a racially divisive aspect, and even an anarchic element. Along with that comes a drive to divide our society into racial and other interest groups, to politicize the language, to stifle free speech, and a call for what amounts, imo, to anarchy.

Look at how many people are fired in universities because of twitter posts, or outings. What will happen to science? Look at the reputations destroyed. Look at the deliberate killings of policemen in the last week. Look at the calls for the death penalty when investigations haven't even been done.

Is that what the majority of blacks want? No, I don't think it is. As I said, black community leaders in the inner cities always wanted more policemen, for their own protection.

Revolutions are not, however, made by the majority. Small minorities have taken over countries before and could again. Really, pick up some material on how Lenin orchestrated the take over of power through the creation of small soviets. It happens on the right, too. Most people are easily intimidated and sit back and let events overtake them. Pol Pot didn't represent the majority either.

What people like OAC are calling for is mob rule: the abandonment of our judicial system including trial by jury, the tearing down of capitalism, the stifling of free speech, and on and on. People just have to listen to her proposals for programs.

Nobody knows better than I do that there are bad cops. The solution is not to get rid of police forces; the solution is to get rid of the bad cops.

The same thing happened in the 60s. People have either forgotten or were born 30 years too late to have it in the collective consciousness. Jane Fonda and her type and her husband Tom Hayden also called privately for the construction of huge re-education camps.

That's why I never trusted Bernie Sanders. He was one of them and never renounced any of it.

I don't say this with any pleasure. I detest Donald Trump as a person, and while I agree with a lot of what he has done for the economy and internationally, his behavior during Covid has been just beyond asinine. He's a complete idiot most of the time.

However, the alternative is someone who wants to make AOC a freaking advisor, and he also looks like he's going to keel over any minute.

Among the many tragedies of 2020 is that these are the choices for Americans.

Progressive movement of late 19th century:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Era

The progressive party of 1948:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Party_(United_States,_1948)

About Pol Pot I'd have to check. The rest is true. Early progressives of the 20th century embraced both the Temperance Movement and the Eugenics movement. For example, Margaret Sanger of Planned Parenthood started the movement as a eugenics based method of getting rid of black people. They don't put that on their advertising literature anymore, obviously.

Thank you for (first hand experience and input). To me it looks like the system could use a little positive tweaking(fine tuned positive humanitarian adjustments) not a complete overhaul. "They killed my father"-Angelina Jolie's movie depicts Cambodia under terror. Why do things have to go to such an extreme (control-genocide) Were people really arrested and or executed for wearing glasses-(intellectuals)?

I'm convinced politicians are trying to divide us for their selfish gain.

Now they're talking about reparations. California is repealing a law that prevents discrimination. And of course the white limousine liberals are the ones behind it. Its their Asian population that will bear the brunt of that anyways. If they cared about fairness they would get rid of the preference for legacy admissions. Something that would benefit minorities and poor whites.

There was also an article of a white man who apologized for calling the cops on someone robbing him at gunpoint. Also another who was upset a police officer showed up when he requested an ambulance for a passed out black male in his elevator. If that guy was some sort of druggie than the ambulance workers would obviously want some sort of police protection. How dumb have people gotten?

When we give great power to any group, the police or military for example, it makes sense to keep a close eye on them. So, when an Army General gets political we get nervous, rightly, because he has frightful weapons at his command. Similarly, when police begin to misuse their power and treat the populace generally as "the other," we need to make reforms. The greatest brake on such reforms, however, isn't racism, in my opinion, it's the Unions that protect the bad cops from consequences. And, when good cops see that bad cops suffer no consequences for their egregious behavior, because the Unions defend them, it encourages a slip in their behavior as well. Why obey the rules when only chumps do so?

This AOC type, far left wing crap, has got to stop.

It is complete stupidity.

It's also mass hysteria among the least intelligent among us, which is a big danger.

Look what happened in Lenin's take over and under Mao.

History does repeat itself unless you're careful I'm sorry to say.

It's so unattractive to say "I told you so", but sometimes nothing else will do.

This is why moving companies are booked up for months.

"NYC "wrestles with a spike in shootings unlike anything it has seen in decades.” Oddly — inexplicably — the same thing seems to be happening in many other US cities. NYT blames this on “socioeconomic problems.” Meanwhile, de Blasio remains committed to defunding police."

Maciamo, I think that is bs. Sorry, but I do. Everyone needs to listen to both sides of the pedestal when getting their news. Why in the world would Trump want to destroy heritage sites of past Democratic heroes? If, and that's a big if, either political party is involved, then it must be the Democrats trying to get rid of their past. It is our past, just like it's the past of every other country on this world of ours and continues in some countries today. The heritage sites remind us that we should never make those mistakes again. And there were other sites destroyed. Sites that honored abolitionists. Destruction to courthouses.

Since I live about 20 minutes from Ferguson, Missouri, and I was a substitute teacher in the neighboring community, I can tell you I was called all kinds of names by the children in those classes. They had absolutely no respect for each other, let alone the teachers. I left teaching because of it.

Maybe the police are using unmarked cars because they fear violence.

This thread has been viewed 16660 times.

Back