bigsnake49

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Thracian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7558 (LDNA)
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a1b
[FONT=&quot]Finally, Gilad spoke about the much-anticipated update to MyHeritage’s Ethnicity Estimate: Genetic Groups. This update will provide a much higher-resolution breakdown of DNA ethnicity — possibly, Gilad says, the highest-resolution on the market, with 2,000–3,000 geographic regions at first and perhaps 5,000 in a future update.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genetic groups will break the existing 42 ethnicities down into subgroups, including ethnic groups such as the Basques, the Sámi, and the Bretons, and even identifying groups that came from a particular city, such as Moroccan Jews from Casablanca. When the feature is released, every person who has taken a MyHeritage DNA test will be able to access this information for free.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Later, MyHeritage plans to add more valuable information that connects ethnicity to genealogy: common surnames from that region, common locations where that group is found, migration routes, and so on.
https://blog.myheritage.com/2020/06...Gilad+at+IGRA&utm_content=EN&tr_date=20200709
Wonder if they're going to charge for the re-analysis or it will be free.[/FONT]

This service is also extended to those who analyzed in My Heritage a test from another company? (mine, for example, is from FTDNA).

This service is also extended to those who analyzed in My Heritage a test from another company? (mine, for example, is from FTDNA).
I guess we will find out.

Timeline … 1600 - 1650 … Lecce (my birthplace) … 🧬 🕷 yep :)

gNExFXX.jpg

Marche?… probably because Liburnians and Iapygians were related, … Rome? … obviously :grin:

This thread has been viewed 4104 times.

Back