Y-DNA of the earliest known Indo-European people (Hittites, Mycenaeans, Luwians,...)?

What are these different families of languages? Elamite in the southwest of Iran? Semitic in Mesopotamia and Arabia? Hurro-Urartian in Anatolia and Levant? Kartvelian in the Caucasus?
e7887a3b3a06756742976180246689da.jpg

What was the main language of people who lived in Iran? We just know in south of modern Khuzistan province (about 5% of the total area of Iran) some people spoke Elamite, what about other regions? Indo-Iranian influence on Hurro-Urartian Mitanni came from where?

Mannaeans from the Lake Urmia area probably spoke Kassite (which seems to have been a Hurro-Urartian language or dialect of Hurrian with an Indic superstratum) and later (by after around 1000 BCE) spoke at least one Iranic language (based on personal names, such as Iranzu and especially Bagdatti). There may also have been an early Armenian-speaking population in the region (meaning, prior to 600 BCE--I say this due to the archaeological and genetic data). Urartians are also thought to have come from the northern Iran/Iraq border originally.

The name Mannaea could very likely be an Indo-European or Hurro-Urartian name (a variation of the name was Minyas). Compare to Greek Minos/Minas. Urartian Menuas (the modern Armenian form of the name is Manavaz). Maybe Sanskrit Manu. Maybe Germanic Mannaz.

I said the earliest known Indo-European people, not modern people. Some Pan-Turk Azeris claim Proto-Turkic was spoken in Azerbaijan and Sumerians who also worshiped Dingir/Tengri, were originally Turks but we know the earliest known Turkic languages were spoken somewhere in the north of China, but again these Pan-Turk Azeris mention some similar Sumerian and Elamite words and say 2,000 years earlier they lived in Azerbaijan and then they migrated to China. They may be right but the main point is that there should be also genetic evidences for this migration.

The Proto-Turkic form of Tengri is "Teŋri/Taŋri." Similarities between Sumerian "Dingir" (Digir) and modern "Tengri" are superficial. This is a non-starter.

I know that you're not suggesting that these terms are connected, I'm just noting how misguided those that say they are (directly) related are.

This thread has been viewed 3203 times.

Back