Guess the ethnicity of this man

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
p00tsz5h.jpg

Thanks Angela, do you have any pictures from the side, so facial features could be seen. Like nose and forehead etc?

My first impression would be British or Portugese. But additional pictures would help.

He looks like many of the early British pop stars in the sixties that had grown a beard [emoji3] . On the other hand I've seen Italians that look like him. But I'd stick to my first impression if no other pictures are available.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

My hearts tells me Southern European. My heads says something British. I'll go with the latter.

Hmmmm...Catalan or southern French.

I figured it might be too easy. :)

He's an actor in a Welsh tv series called "Hidden" named Mark Flanagan. I couldn't find any other pictures of him. He's apparently a local dj whose first acting gig this may be; he's great, btw.

For some reason I think amazon blocks screen shots of the shows. If you have acorn, he's in Hidden, Series 2, Episode 4 about 16 minutes in.

You'll see that he's a lot more "coarse" looking in "real life" or at least in film than he is in that picture.

The Celtic fringe throws up some a-typical phenotypes every once in a while.

He reminds me a bit, not a lot, of someone like George Harrison in some pictures. He was my favorite of the four for what it's worth.

george_harrison.jpg

harrison-george-516b76eeacf03.jpg

The Welsh, and the Irish, too, seem to be natural actors; like, imo, Italians.

Everytime I watch a Welsh series I swear it will be the last one, because the stories are as bleak and depressing as the landscape and the weather, but I keep getting pulled back in. It's the good writing and the great acting, even if I wind up despairing of the human condition.

This particular one includes one of the most evil female characters it's ever been my misfortune to encounter.

I figured it might be too easy. :)

He's an actor in a Welsh tv series called "Hidden" named Mark Flanagan. I couldn't find any other pictures of him. He's apparently a local dj whose first acting gig this may be; he's great, btw.

For some reason I think amazon blocks screen shots of the shows. If you have acorn, he's in Hidden, Series 2, Episode 4 about 16 minutes in.

You'll see that he's a lot more "coarse" looking in "real life" or at least in film than he is in that picture.

The Celtic fringe throws up some a-typical phenotypes every once in a while.

He reminds me a bit, not a lot, of someone like George Harrison in some pictures. He was my favorite of the four for what it's worth.

george_harrison.jpg

harrison-george-516b76eeacf03.jpg

The Welsh, and the Irish, too, seem to be natural actors; like, imo, Italians.

Everytime I watch a Welsh series I swear it will be the last one, because the stories are as bleak and depressing as the landscape and the weather, but I keep getting pulled back in. It's the good writing and the great acting, even if I wind up despairing of the human condition.

WOW. George Harrison, the discreet and quiet Beatle.

Wow, thanks. Agree with you, as I mentioned in my previous post he resembles very much early British pop stars, see below picture of my favorite band Pink Floyd (early days before Gilmore). A lot of English (especially from the north) have this phenotype of dark brown hair and light eyes. I find it in italians a lot, but also portugese and it's not so uncommon in Sweden to be honest.

Thanks for the challenge!

fc054afff7c63beb0ba7e7d13d7aa7e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

WOW. George Harrison, the discreet and quiet Beatle.

Reserved, yes, but also the most sensitive one, imo, or at least so he always appeared to me. Definitely the deepest and most spiritual one.

I love his wise, sad, eyes.

Reserved, yes, but also the most sensitive one, imo, or at least so he always appeared to me. Definitely the deepest and most spiritual one.

I love his wise, sad, eyes.

This man is a genius. Below in a performance with Ringo Star. Eric Clapton, Jeff Lynne, Elton John, Phil Collins, beyond other great names.

This man is a genius. Below in a performance with Ringo Star. Eric Clapton, Jeff Lynne, Elton John, Phil Collins, beyond other great names.

Wow. Thanks for this.

It's so wonderful.

This is another one of my favorites. To quote from Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias: "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion". :)

Wow. Thanks for this.

It's so wonderful.

This is another one of my favorites. To quote from Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias: "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion". :)

Very well remembered, Angela. Thank you. Wonderful. This track is part of the album "Cloud Nine", which is George Harrison's ninth studio album and it was released in November 1987. I have the original "vinyl".

British ,irish ,scottish

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

This thread has been viewed 7139 times.

Back