Guess the ethnicity of these men

Distant cousin, actually, the fourth picture, yes? and I agree, the Brazilian actor was very handsome. I would have been one of his fans. :) It's just he doesn't look really European to me, but then good looks aren't only to be found in any country, or any continent, for that matter. Looking again, there is some similarity indeed, maybe in the smile?

Some of the handsomest men in the world come from what we call Latin America, imo, and a lot of them show a bit of admixture. Makes them more interesting and unique imo.

This shows how many old movies I saw when I was trying to learn English. Do you remember Ricardo Montalban? My mother and I both thought he was divine. Now that I'm older I can say not just handsome, but very sexy.

An absolutely stunning man, imo, even when he was quite old.

6308560e8064290ed68649bc36695a5b.jpg

The amazing Ricardo Montalban. I remember him in Star Trek - Khan's wrath. See in Portuguese. I think this will seem curious to you and other members.

The amazing Ricardo Montalban. I remember him in Star Trek - Khan's wrath. See in Portuguese. I think this will seem curious to you and other members.

OMG. :grin:

The voices are so completely different. They dub a lot in Italy too; I can't watch American shows that are dubbed. It's too disorientating.

Lord, was he 60-70 there? Still gorgeous, domineering, and sexy, even with that frightful, bargain basement wig. Just my type. :)

I loved that series, btw. I've probably seen each episode numerous times. I have to admit they do seem dated now, but I don't care. The movies were sort of meh!

One of our channels specializes in old American tv series, westerns mostly. I still dip in and watch one occasionally: Rawhide with the young, incomparably beautiful Clint Eastwood, Cheyenne, The Big Valley, The Rifleman etc.

It was a simpler time: right was right, and wrong was wrong, and you and everyone you knew was rooting for the right. I miss it, even though it was already dated by the time I saw them as re-runs.

Heck, I still watch Little House On The Prairie and The Waltons if they happen to be on when I'm channel surfing. I was born too late.

OMG. :grin:

The voices are so completely different. They dub a lot in Italy too; I can't watch American shows that are dubbed. It's too disorientating.

Lord, was he 60-70 there? Still gorgeous, domineering, and sexy, even with that frightful, bargain basement wig. Just my type. :)

I loved that series, btw. I've probably seen each episode numerous times. I have to admit they do seem dated now, but I don't care. The movies were sort of meh!

One of our channels specializes in old American tv series, westerns mostly. I still dip in and watch one occasionally: Rawhide with the young, incomparably beautiful Clint Eastwood, Cheyenne, The Big Valley, The Rifleman etc.

It was a simpler time: right was right, and wrong was wrong, and you and everyone you knew was rooting for the right. I miss it, even though it was already dated by the time I saw them as re-runs.

Heck, I still watch Little House On The Prairie and The Waltons if they happen to be on when I'm channel surfing. I was born too late.

I love the Star Trek franchise. I believe that I have watched the all films and all the seasons of the television series. Leonard Nimoy's death was a shock to me. This dubbing is very bad. Today they do something more synchronized and with voice actors that better simulate the original voice of the actors. This dubbing in Portuguese is very unsalted, lol.

Ricardo...

I'm afraid you didn't get them, Mordred

Number 2 is my mother's maternal uncle, from the Lunigiana. If I remember correctly, Moesan thought he had a bit of an "eastern" hunter gatherer kind of strain, so Ukrainian would, rather coincidentally,fit. :)

Number 3 is my mother's first cousin. When I've posted him before people thought he looked a bit French, a bit like a Mitterand type.

Number 4 is my father's distant cousin from the Apennine Alps. I posted him in my phenotype thread for the Apennines.

Number 1 is also my relative, but only through marriage. He is a cousin in law of completely Swiss German descent.

I used to think he looked like Elvis too. :)
Angela, this time I wasn't lucky but I was close and who knows their admixture 300 years ago ;)

As you said your uncle even jokingly mentioned that he could have some "eastern" descent like Ukraine. He does kind of look as Russian or Ukrainian or even Polish. Also for the Swiss guy, French wasn't a bad guess.

I agree with number 3 but then again if he looks French he also could look German, they're Franks after all (not all of them of course).

Number 4 is much harder since he could be of any descent, from Britain down to Portugal (except Spain) and Italy, Austria, Switzerland Germany and so on. Historically Italians had so much germanic influx since the Romans it's very hard to tell a lot of the times.

Ultimately people look exactly what they come from since europeans are heavily mixed with each other and most of the time it's a guess even though every nation have their own characteristics.

I have to agree with Duarte that you have a good looking family :) and yeah the Swiss guy do look like Elvis as I mentioned earlier.

Thanks for a good game. Give us more ;)

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

This thread has been viewed 10017 times.

Back