Are these Argentine admixture percentages accurate?

These Argentines are very handsome and also very porteños, but I think the probability of they having not Amerindian ancestry is very low, like in Southeast ou South of Brazil.

People of full Euopean descent are not rare in Argentina at all (although they are of course not the majority). I have plenty of friends whose grandparents were all born in Europe. In my case, 3 of my grandparents were not only of european descent but born in Europe.

Maradona's parents where orginally from the Province of Corrientes and Mercedes Sosa came from Tucuman. Both provinces with significant amerindian admixture. None of them, of course, were considered white in Argentina (the great Mercedes Sosa was affectionately nicknamed "La Negra").

Mardonna was 1/ 4 croatian (maternal grandmother)
Doesn't show in his features but thats the magic of dna :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatian_Argentines

It certainly did not. His daughter Dalma is much lighter than him. Maybe the croatian genes skipped a generation? haha.

As for Ricardo Darin, is it something across the eye area? Everything else can be seen in lots of places in Europe. Yet I feel silly saying it because the shape of them is not really different. Can it be a certain "look" in them?

Maybe I'm being too fanciful.

Darin is Italian and Lebanese. No amerindian as far as I know.

Darin is Italian and Lebanese. No amerindian as far as I know.

I just knew he wasn't totally European looking and certainly didn't look like someone from the Veneto, and not thinking of Middle Eastern ancestry, I put the difference down to Amerindian perhaps.

626TSI34HFDCFG66TNMKGWSGFQ.jpg

On June 9, 2021, Alberto Fernández made a racist joke at a press conference alongside Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez at the Casa Rosada. “Mexicans came out of the Indians, Brazilians came out of the jungle, but we Argentines arrived in boats. And they were boats that came from Europe,” Fernández told Sánchez, in an attempt to describe the Argentines as “Europeans from Latin America”. Fernandez also erroneously attributed the quote to the Mexican poet, essayist and diplomat Octavio Paz (1914-1998), when it was about lyrics by Argentine rocker Litto Nebbia. Faced with the negative repercussion of his racist speech, Alberto Fernández went to social media on the same day to apologize.

Just as Bolsonaro submits the Brazilians to ridicule in front of the world, this self-image that the Argentine’s President and the Argentines created for themselves, that has the intent of to hide part of their history that, for them, are unwanted ,and, above all, demonstrates ignorance of the real genetic makeup of country, ends to submit them to ridicule in front the world too. I recommend Mr. Alberto Fernandez run an autosomal DNA test. As we know and I think that they know too, there are several companies on the market that does these tests and that charge honest prices, such as Ancestry, 23andMe, MyHeritage, FamilyTreeDNA. I think Fernandez will be surprised by how much of his ancestry did not come on the boats. The same advice applies to all Argentines who think they are different from their neighbors in Latin America, including the Porteños.

Hello, only seeing the physical appaerance of argentines, it?s easy for an Iberian to see many of them are not pure europeans. Overall, the poorer part of the argentine society it?s notorious most of them are from mixed origin.

Hello, only seeing the physical appaerance of argentines, it�s easy for an Iberian to see many of them are not pure europeans. Overall, the poorer part of the argentine society it�s notorious most of them are from mixed origin.

Hi (y)

To me both white brazilians
Look european even if they have some
African or amerindian admixture
In most cases it doesnt show in there facial features
And they look european:unsure:
Same goes for white argentinians
I fail to see forgein admixture for example
Battistuta
Look european to me ...
But i am not an expert on anthropology..:unsure:

P.s
So white brazilans came from europe
Not the jungle

I happen to have some Italian-Argentinian relatives. Some have only Italian ancestors but some married "native" Argentinians. Of those, and they have tested, they all have Amerindian mtDna.

It doesn't mean they look Amerindian, but there are some Argentinians where you can definitely see it. It all depends on the particular mix.

Nacho Figueras, a famous Argentinian Polo player who is also a model for Ralph Lauren's "Polo" line shows, to me, a bit of that admixture. No less handsome for it. :)

9cfaf1fba700ce64851be677d05be3a3.jpg

nacho-figueras-polo-blue-2015-lg.jpg

NACHO-POLO-BLUE-SP.jpg

What Alberto Fernandez said is surprising because he belongs to a party, and heads a government, which has brought "political correction" almost to the limit of ridiculousness. However, it is also true that these ideas are deeply rooted in the Argentine mentality.The idea has some foundations: Argentina, like Uruguay and southern Brazil, is one of the countries that received the most European immigration at the end of the 19th century. and early twentieth century. And also, at least until the 1940s, Argentina was constantly on the list of 10 richest countries in the world. From there came the idea of ​​rich white Argentina, surrounded by poor and non-white neighbors. And from there, a certain superiority complex. But times change, Argentina is getting poorer, and people of purely European origin, living mainly in Buenos Aires and other large cities, have been mixing with people from the interior, with an important Amerindian component, often referred to as " cabecitas negras (little black heads.)"

This thread has been viewed 28339 times.

Back