R1a language before Proto-IE?

kmak

Reaction score
R1a spoke not Proto-IE originally, but they Proto-IEized by R1b people.

What was the original language of R1a people? I think original languages of R1a are Para-Proto-IE.

R1b is Euskera (Bashkir/Basque) haplogroup and R1a is Indo-Iranian haplogroup.

Probably not. The people residing in Neolithic "Basque Territory" had genomes resembling modern Basques yet did not have R1b as a paternal haplogroup, just I2-M223 and G2a like other Neolithic men of which we literally have 100's of samples.

R1b-L51 spread from SE Poland from the western steppes around 3000 BC. R1b is a steppe haplogroup. What language did they speak originally? Hard to say, but no evidence it was Basque or Basque like.

There's no more ludicrous pseudo-science in genetics than the attempt to link haplogroups that are dozens of thousands of years old with just one specific language or language group of the modern era as if haplogroups spoke languages - and never switched to another language, either. Besides, any relationship between genetics (autosomal or uniparental markers) and language families (let alone specific languages that arose only in the last few millennia) dating to any longer than about 15,000 years is not just less likely to be true and only a matter of non-demonstrable probability. It's nothing but fanciful speculation. Fun, but totally unscientific.

Nonsense. R1a predates Indo-Iranian as a common Proto-Indo-Iranian language by many, maaaaaany thousands of years, and it exists even where Indo-Iranian was probably never spoken.

Probably not. The people residing in Neolithic "Basque Territory" had genomes resembling modern Basques yet did not have R1b as a paternal haplogroup, just I2-M223 and G2a like other Neolithic men of which we literally have 100's of samples.

R1b-L51 spread from SE Poland from the western steppes around 3000 BC. R1b is a steppe haplogroup. What language did they speak originally? Hard to say, but no evidence it was Basque or Basque like.

Euskera was the original name of steppe people, the same people who already called Bashkir, according to many Perso-Arabic sources, the original language of Bashkirs before Turkification in the 10th century was Farangi (Western European), we read about Bashkir in encyclopedia: https://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/bashkirs-0

The Bashkirs are a Turkic Muslim people living within the Russian Federation. Bashkirs first appear in historical sources in the 10th century ad, as the inhabitants of the southern Ural mountains, the area which they still occupy today. The origins of the Bashkirs are obscure. Although today the Bashkirs speak a Turkic language, some historians consider them to have originally been Hungarian speakers who remained in the Ural mountains when the ancestors of modern Hungarians began the migration that eventually led them to settle in Central Europe.

Abu Hamid Al-Andalusi Al-Gharnati, ca. 1150 CE (translated by P. Lunde and C. Stone): https://humanitieswatch.org/2016/09/muslims-living-europe/

Then I reached the country of Hungary, where the people called Bashghird live. They are descended from the first tribes that came from the lands of the Turks and entered the lands of the Franks. They are brave and their numbers are beyond counting.

About R1b: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R1b

It is the most frequently occurring paternal lineage in Western Europe, as well as some parts of Russia (e.g. the Bashkir minority).

Nonsense. R1a predates Indo-Iranian as a common Proto-Indo-Iranian language by many, maaaaaany thousands of years, and it exists even where Indo-Iranian was probably never spoken.

Of course I meant R1a-M417 and Z282 and Z93 subclades, it seems to be clear R1a predates not only Indo-Iranian but also Proto-Indo-Eruoepan by several thousands years.

I think that:

ANE language (R1)
North Eastern Hunter Gatherer language (R1a1a)
Para-Proto-Indo-European language (R1a1a1)

ANE language (R1)
South Eastern Hunter Gatherer language (R1b1a)
Proto-Indo-European language (R1b1a1a2)

Of course I meant R1a-M417 and Z282 and Z93 subclades, it seems to be clear R1a predates not only Indo-Iranian but also Proto-Indo-Eruoepan by several thousands years.

Z282 is not related to Indo-Iranian. Also R1a predates Proto Indo-European by more than a several thousand years. Try 15,000 years.

I think that:

ANE language (R1)
North Eastern Hunter Gatherer language (R1a1a)
Para-Proto-Indo-European language (R1a1a1)

ANE language (R1)
South Eastern Hunter Gatherer language (R1b1a)
Proto-Indo-European language (R1b1a1a2)

Did these Para-Proto-Indo-European speaking people live in the south of Levant too? R1a1a1 has been also found there.

Z282 is not related to Indo-Iranian. Also R1a predates Proto Indo-European by more than a several thousand years. Try 15,000 years.

Do you mean Z282 just related to ancient Iranian speaking people, like European Sarmatians?

main-qimg-2aa744201299cc5630ec01796d2d515a

Did these Para-Proto-Indo-European speaking people live in the south of Levant too? R1a1a1 has been also found there.

R1a1a1 is not originated from levant, but this Y DNA is from easte Europea.

Those topics are extremelly redundant. It's like every days there is a new one on the same topic.

This thread has been viewed 8729 times.

Back