Who can help us for publishing our study about ancient DNA in north-central Iran?

Shahmiri

Reaction score
I thought about the origin of Indo-Iranian people Narasimhan could help us, so I contacted him but he disappointed me when he related R1a-M17 to the origin and spread of Proto-Elamite.

kqr7_r1am17.jpg

I and some Iranian geneticists, like Dr. Surena Firuzi, are working on the origin of Indo-Iranian people, who can help us in this project?

I thought about the origin of Indo-Iranian people Narasimhan could help us, so I contacted him but he disappointed me when he related R1a-M17 to the origin and spread of Proto-Elamite.

kqr7_r1am17.jpg

I and some Iranian geneticists, like Dr. Surena Firuzi, are working on the origin of Indo-Iranian people, who can help us in this project?

Where is the Data? I want to see that R1a-M17 sample. Going by your record I don't trust you because you are pushing your own agenda everywhere. Also you are unaware what R1a-M17 really means and link it to Indo-Iranians. Please for your own reputation as a historian. Take a week and read studies about ancient DNA related to IE.

Where is the Data? I want to see that R1a-M17 sample. Going by your record I don't trust you because you are pushing your own agenda everywhere. Also you are unaware what R1a-M17 really means and link it to Indo-Iranians. Please for your own reputation as a historian. Take a week and read studies about ancient DNA related to IE.

He also messes around with wikipedia a lot.

I also don't trust you, I am certainly interested to read studies about ancient DNA related to IE but not your "imaginary ancient IE people", the real ancient IE people were Hittites, Luwians, Indo-Iranian Mitanni and Mycenaeans, I have read almost all genetic studies regarding them, most of them say Iran is one of the most possible lands where these people originated, if you have read another thing, please tell me.

I also don't trust you, I am certainly interested to read studies about ancient DNA related to IE but not your "imaginary ancient IE people", the real ancient IE people were Hittites, Luwians, Indo-Iranian Mitanni and Mycenaeans, I have read almost all genetic studies regarding them, most of them say Iran is one of the most possible lands where these people originated, if you have read another thing, please tell me.

answer to the question please
if you want to be trusted you have to earn it

...:LOL:. There is no reason to trust me or not. Where is the sample ?

They're using an outdated PCR method. Its not R1a. And even if it was so what? We have R1a that is 12000 years old in NE Europe. As well as really old R1b and Q1a2.

kqr7_r1am17.jpg

What help do you need?

You could start it by helping US know what you're talking about, translating to English the study you linked (after all, I assume you know English well enough) and presenting the raw data of that study for other scientists outside Iran to analyze them and draw their own conclusions.

Ok, last night I talked with Mr. Firuzi, Iranian geneticist who has found R1a-M17 in Tepe Sialk and some other ancient sites in Iran, and asked more info about it but he said we should ignore Y-DNA and focus on mtDNA, he said males were just invaders but when we talk about migrations, women had the main role. He suggested that I read this genetic study: https://jarcs.ut.ac.ir/article_65670_f8017c546df48130fb6c1a9a8eefb7b1.pdf

It says the main Indo-Iranian mtDNA haplogroup is R2 which has been found in the DNA of ancient skeletons in the southwest of Iran. Then it says the same thing that we read here: https://www.eupedia.com/europe/origins_haplogroups_europe.shtml

R2 is found from northwest India and Pakistan to Iran, Georgia and Turkey. It could be connected to the Indo-Iranians.

We read this geographical distribution of Y-DNA haplogroups in this Persian article:

J2: West Asia, Central Asia, South Europe and North Africa
R1a: Central Asia, South Asia, Central Europe, North Europe and East Europe
R1b: Europe, Caucasus, Central Asia, South Asia, Souh Africa, North Africa and Central Africa
L: South Asia, Central Asia, Southwest Asia and Mediterranean

And this migration map:

891_r2.jpg

So Y-DNA haplogroups L, R1a and R1b could be also related to Indo-Iranians but Indo-Iranian migrations related to MtDNA haplogroups R2 and R5.

You're confused about chronologies (the spread of all those haplogroups out of Iran, IF it was indeed the homeland of them all, happened millennia before the Indo-Iranians even existed, let alone expanded to other parts of Eurasia) and also about the very basic difference between people once living in what is now Iran and Indo-Iranians the linguistic people. That's certainly because your a priori assumption is that Indo-Iranians were there since the beginning, maybe since primordial eras, so that chronology and sequence of events don't matter at all, and geographically Iranian, linguistically Iranic and culturally Indo-European are assumed to be one and only thing for you.

Also, I really doubt the professional qualities of a geneticist that claims women matter more in migrations and that Y-DNA haplogroups should just be forgotten and don't matter at all because males were "just" invaders (as if invasions had a very little role in human demographic and cultural/linguistic history).

You're confused about chronologies (the spread of all those haplogroups out of Iran, IF it was indeed the homeland of them all, happened millennia before the Indo-Iranians even existed, let alone expanded to other parts of Eurasia) and also about the very basic difference between people once living in what is now Iran and Indo-Iranians the linguistic people. That's certainly because your a priori assumption is that Indo-Iranians were there since the beginning, maybe since primordial eras, so that chronology and sequence of events don't matter at all, and geographically Iranian, linguistically Iranic and culturally Indo-European are assumed to be one and only thing for you.

Also, I really doubt the professional qualities of a geneticist that claims women matter more in migrations and that Y-DNA haplogroups should just be forgotten and don't matter at all because males were "just" invaders (as if invasions had a very little role in human demographic and cultural/linguistic history).

This article talks about mid-second millennium BC, R1a exists in the east of Iran and R1b in the west of Iran but it doesn't talk about them in West Asia, so probably they came to Iran later, the origin of Indo-Europeans is another thing which dates back to a few thousands years earlier, it is possible that Indo-Iranian culture came from another land to the southwest of Iran in the mid-second millennium BC but this study says this culture in this period from this region spread to the east and west.
We have Y-DNA haplogroups R1a in north of India, L in Pakistan, J2 in Iran and R1b in Turkey/Caucasus where ancient Indo-Iranians lived, but from another side we see mtDNA R2 in these lands, so Indo-Iranian culture could be related to the second one.

Shahmiri show me the e-mail if you had a conversation with Mr.Firuzi. I really doubt that he said Y-DNA doesn't play any role. I will try my best and translate it into English.

Shahmiri show me the e-mail if you had a conversation with Mr.Firuzi. I really doubt that he said Y-DNA doesn't play any role. I will try my best and translate it into English.

Last night we talked in instagram:

eduh_firuzi.jpg

Last night we talked in instagram:

eduh_firuzi.jpg

Ok where is the rest ? He is obviously answering to another question you asked.

Translation:
"Do you think that this research can be checked ? How much can genetics help to understand the origin of Indian and Iranian culture ?"

"The father line doesn't play any role and we did a mistake. We worked on the father line if you use mitochondrial line as the basis, the conclusion is ...."

Still weird that he thinks Y-DNA(father line) doesn't play any role.

Btw, can you send me a private message with his instagram. I want to ask him myself about the sample.

Translation:
"Do you think that this research can be checked ? How much can genetics help to understand the origin of Indian and Iranian culture ?"

"The father line doesn't play any role and we did a mistake. We worked on the father line if you use mitochondrial line as the basis, the conclusion is ...."

Btw, can you send me a private message with his instagram. I want to ask him myself about the sample.

Yes but he replied by voice:

49f7_firuzi2.jpg

Anyway I sent you a PM, you can talk to him yourself.

Yes but he replied by voice:

49f7_firuzi2.jpg

Anyway I sent you a PM, you can talk to him yourself.

Ok but Surena Firuzi isn't a geneticist. He is a archaeologist. Dr. Maziar Ashrafian Bonab is the main geneticst.

Translation:

both of them are important in my opinion ..... :unsure:
but davidski in his blog
write that if he will see a research
with only mtdna and not y dna and autosomal
he will not post it ......
so obviously he thinks different from this iranian researcher ...... :unsure:
if those r1a in iran are real they are pre indo-iranian
and that will destroy davidski theory of
we were r1a aryans who came from the east to iran ..... :LOL:

both of them are important in my opinion ..... :unsure:
but davidski in his blog
write that if he will see a research
with only mtdna and not y dna and autosomal
he will not post it ......
so obviously he thinks different from this iranian researcher ...... :unsure:
if those r1a in iran are real they are pre indo-iranian
and that will destroy davidski theory of
we were r1a aryans who came from the east to iran ..... :LOL:

Yes I also think both are important but we know by now that the mtDNA south and north of the Caucasus is overwhelmingly the same. I also thought about the idea what if the language of the PIEs is actually from the maternal side. I know 3 IE languages and in all of them the term for native language is "mothertongue" or "language of the mother". But there is no R1a sample in Teppe Sialk 4000BC.

@Shahmiri
You really are weird guy and also a liar. I think you should be banned by some admin of the forum. How dare you posting a 11 year old study/abstract and say they have "just" found a new sample you freaking idiot.

This thread has been viewed 5203 times.

Back