Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Photo-real portraits of Roman emperors

Ethnic group
    swiss,italian

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    In that same New York Times article, the Moroccan character has been classified as white, the Spanish have not, it must be too much for them to classify someone with Spanish surnames as white.

I believe that these issues are paid, someone pays, as I also believe that they pay in directed genetic studies.

What interests can they be?
    don't know do you have any ideas for why someone could pay them?

also i wonder what does white mean for you anyways if you are so eager to be called white?

Regular Member shissem@san.rr.com's Avatar

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a-Z726
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4a1h

Ethnic group
    English/German

Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    no, the official term is white. also, you say the official term in the US is caucasian, but that the regular people equate caucasian with "white" or european. i don't think so. that would mean that regular people in the US have no real term for non-european caucasians. but it's rather the other way around the official term for all caucasians is white but many of the regular people in the US still seem to equate white with just the europeans or not even all europeans.
    As a German, why do you insist on telling Americans what the official American term for 'white' people is or how 'regular people' refer to the subject? I promise you, I'm not going to tell you what German people think.

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Please Salento, I ask you to kindly forward the form to the identification service of your state. Thanks in advance. These are my answers to some questions. I think that the ID service will put my race as “B” or exists the letter “L” for Latino.

1. Hispanic or Latino
    2. White
    3. 5’ 11”. 4. 190
    5. Blue
    6. Gray

Cheers dear friend.
    I love the classification of the eye colour - PINK!?

Ethnic group
    swiss,italian

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    As a German, why do you insist on telling Americans what the official American term for 'white' people is or how 'regular people' refer to the subject? I promise you, I'm not going to tell you what German people think.
    why do you not also question what real_expert wrote? my take from this would be that he was right? maybe you can explain to me what american people really think. are mena people really white in the eyes of the common american white person and are they accepted as real whites or just as some "whitish" people?

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    I'd say this is a pretty good "modernized" portrait of a bust of Julius Caesar, and the man would totally fit into today's Italy. In fact, he looks a lot like my mother's father and somewhat like my mother herself, i.e. a masculine version.

Of course, whether the bust really is a good representation of Caesar, we don't know, but it was certainly modeled on someone of the period.

The creator has a facebook page where she does this for a lot of ancient people. Most of them look pretty good to me, except perhaps Nefertiti, who wouldn't have been as "African" looking from what we know of ancient Egyptian genetics, and unless the coins of her are inaccurate, Cleopatra really wasn't that pretty.

Indeed, Agrippina and Lady Jane Grey are the only really pretty women, but make up and modern hair do wonders.:) It seems she made a really silly mistake with the latter. She clearly should have blue eyes.

https://www.facebook.com/RoyaltyNow/photos

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Ethnic group
    Italian

3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I'd say this is a pretty good "modernized" portrait of a bust of Julius Caesar, and the man would totally fit into today's Italy. In fact, he looks a lot like my mother's father and somewhat like my mother herself, i.e. a masculine version.

Of course, whether the bust really is a good representation of Caesar, we don't know, but it was certainly modeled on someone of the period.

The creator has a facebook page where she does this for a lot of ancient people. Most of them look pretty good to me, except perhaps Nefertiti, who wouldn't have been as "African" looking from what we know of ancient Egyptian genetics, and unless the coins of her are inaccurate, Cleopatra really wasn't that pretty.

Indeed, Agrippina and Lady Jane Grey are the only really pretty women, but make up and modern hair do wonders.:) It seems she made a really silly mistake with the latter. She clearly should have blue eyes.

Wow, I look even more like a female version of him in this reconstruction.

Anyway, here is a coin issued by Caesar himself while he was in Gaul. The laurel leaf hides the fact that he was balding. Vanity, vanity, all is vanity. :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post

Absolutely, I agree.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Absolutely, I agree.
    I added my children's favorite picture of me for comparison; I'm about 30 there.

The reconstruction looks more like he could be my brother than my brother does. He's a totally different type.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

That image of Julius Caesar above is very idyllic. Angela I'm sorry, but I don't see the resemblance hahahahaha

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    That image of Julius Caesar above is very idyllic. Angela I'm sorry, but I don't see the resemblance hahahahaha

I'm not so fond of that one, although the only thing "wrong" in my opinion is that the eyes are too close together. It's more the expression in the eyes, or lack of expression, that I find wanting.

This is still my favorite.

It's as if he's about to speak.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

Julius Caesar was the great protagonist of the last period of Republican Rome. He was a majestic orator, strategist, writer and poet, he stood out mainly as a politician and military badge, he had a personality, impulsive, ambitious but also generous and subtle.

Last edited by Carlos; 14-01-21 at 04:46.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678