Photo-real portraits of Roman emperors

Your scale of evil is different from mine,

Nero's mother (Agrippina the younger) was Caligula's sister and Claudio's 4th wife / niece, ... yep :startled:

... so Caligula is Nero's uncle.

oops ... I went off topic, .. again

Agrippina was the Matrix, a very interesting, goals oriented, ambitious and Powerful woman.

If she was born in our time, she would have ruled the World :)

The questions are mine, the answers are not, it is a survey of other people.

The world has already been ruled by another woman: Isabel l de Castilla

Your scale of evil is different from mine,

Nero's mother (Agrippina the younger) was Caligula's sister and Claudio's 4th wife / niece, ... yep :startled:

... so Caligula is Nero's uncle.

oops ... I went off topic, .. again

Agrippina was the Matrix, a very interesting, goals oriented, ambitious and Powerful woman.

If she was born in our time, she would have ruled the World :)

Completely agree.

I also think Livia was formidable, and with the same Claudian lack of ethics. I deeply admire Antonia major.

Don’t you love how no matter how many busts are produced of the great men of the Republican Era, including Julius, the Nordicists all pick the most Northern European looking one they can find and persist in thinking the ancient Romans all looked like him? Amazing.

Completely agree.

I also think Livia was formidable, and with the same Claudian lack of ethics. I deeply admire Antonia major.

Don’t you love how no matter how many busts are produced of the great men of the Republican Era, including Julius, the Nordicists all pick the most Northern European looking one they can find and persist in thinking the ancient Romans all looked like him? Amazing.

I think that's their way of being relevant, they don't like the idea that they could have been left out of such an important Empire,

... in a Sense it is gratifying to know that they want to be associated with our Ancestors :)

I think that's their way of being relevant, they don't like the idea that they could have been left out of such an important Empire,

... in a Sense it is gratifying to know that they want to be associated with our Ancestors :)

Couldn’t have said it better. :)

The Romans of the Republican Era whom they wanted so badly to claim were Southern Europeans. Nothing to do with them.End of story.

Appreciable attempt and rather realistic results in my opinion. You can see very current and common "Italian" faces among the ranks. Especially between Claudius and Nerva there are physiognomic traits found especially in central/northern Italy, from internal Lazio to go back to Umbria, Marche and Tuscany up to Romagna

I agree with you, but as we have already said elsewhere, this reconstruction work is not entirely reliable, there is a lot of subjective interpretation of the creator and his work is based on patently false sources (including Apricity, and what could be expected from Apricity?).

I don't know who Davide Cocci is but he has a lot of points here.

"Were Roman Emperors Blonde?"

https://medium.com/@davieco/were-roman-emperors-blonde-2255ec77d123

I don't know if the reconstructions were based on objective descriptions, but it is a very interesting job anyway.

I agree with you, but as we have already said elsewhere, this reconstruction work is not entirely reliable, there is a lot of subjective interpretation of the creator and his work is based on patently false sources (including Apricity, and what could be expected from Apricity?).

I don't know who Davide Cocci is but he has a lot of points here.

"Were Roman Emperors Blonde?"

https://medium.com/@davieco/were-roman-emperors-blonde-2255ec77d123

Great find, Pax

PxSThGn.png

To sum up, out of the 46 emperors for which we have a recorded physical description, as reported by H. V. Canter, only 4 can be described as having “fair hair”, of which one wasn’t naturally fair and used to dye his hair blonde (Commodus), one described as “flavium” was naturally blonde (Lucius Verus), Nero and Augustus described as “subflavum” were probably ligh brown as explained above.

It is also good to see the Apricity is being called out for being a Neo-Nazi website by platforms like Medium.

Great find, Pax

PxSThGn.png

To sum up, out of the 46 emperors for which we have a recorded physical description, as reported by H. V. Canter, only 4 can be described as having “fair hair”, of which one wasn’t naturally fair and used to dye his hair blonde (Commodus), one described as “flavium” was naturally blonde (Lucius Verus), Nero and Augustus described as “subflavum” were probably ligh brown as explained above.

It is also good to see the Apricity is being called out for being a Neo-Nazi website by platforms like Medium.

What this points out in a dramatic way is how much false information is on the internet. Some Neo-Nazi at theapricity makes up a chart with blatantly false information, posts it on the internet, and people just accept it and create a whole picture gallery based on it.

If the guy who created the one which is the subject of this thread is made aware of this, and isn't some Nordicist himself, he should change them. If, after being informed, he doesn't change them, then we have his measure.

Our saying on this thread that there is no data from the time indicating all this blondeness, as I said upthread, doesn't reach enough people.

When I think how many people believed posters from theapricity when they made all their protestations that they are Italian, or part Italian and are the antithesis of Nordicists, while pushing Nordicism with every post, well, it's enraging, as is the fact that people who knew who they really were and the agenda they were promoting, pretended to be unaware of it all.

Racism towards Black people out of all in that site is enormous beyond point. I have a concrete example of one person just recently wishing cancer on Black people for simply living in his country, legally, and he didn't got banned until he wished cancer on 2 white members and only for severall days. He is not the first or the last to display this type of behaviour.
Alt-right ideas such as holocaust denial, white supremacy and to a lesser extend nordicism are very wide speard in there.
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?54477-Why-the-Holocaust%99-is-a-Fable

Racism towards Black people out of all in that site is enormous beyond point. I have a concrete example of one person just recently wishing cancer on Black people for simply living in his country, legally, and he didn't got banned until he wished cancer on 2 white members and only for severall days. He is not the first or the last to display this type of behaviour.
Alt-right ideas such as holocaust denial, white supremacy and to a lesser extend nordicism are very wide speard in there.
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?54477-Why-the-Holocaust%99-is-a-Fable
This kind of purile trash would be grounds for immediate banning here on Eupedia. As Apricity members continue to populate Anthrogenica, it further distinguishes Eupedia as one of the only respectable forums for archeogenetics.

Tbh as extreme as Eupedia is on banning people, I think Anthrogenica is even more extreme. It feels like half the forum is banned there. Also, doubt anyone could deny the Holocaust in Anthrogenica either without getting insta yeeted out of there. As for Apricity, I don't have an account, but from lurking, I fluctuate between cringing at their ethnocentric and often supremacist/fascist edginess and laughing at some idiotic arguments.

Make no mistake
They are not crazy on jews there either
It is not only against blacks...🤔
They are not denay the holocoust
But they are happy it happned :wary2:
( from my experience as a jew there
i was in this forum for few months)
As much as i didn't like that forum
And experienced anti-semetic attack
First in my life...
Still i believe in the freedom of speech
Even if i didn't liked the horrible way they think🤔

P.s
But yes buttom line
Eupedia is better than both apricity and anthrogenica

Tbh as extreme as Eupedia is on banning people, I think Anthrogenica is even more extreme. It feels like half the forum is banned there. Also, doubt anyone could deny the Holocaust in Anthrogenica either without getting insta yeeted out of there. As for Apricity, I don't have an account, but from lurking, I fluctuate between cringing at their ethnocentric and often supremacist/fascist edginess and laughing at some idiotic arguments.

I don't think there is anything extreme about our moderation. Everyone that is banned, is for legitimate reasons.

When a Holocaust is brought up IMO all peoples suffering should be included. China lost 20,000,000 people at the hands of Imperial Japan. They too had horrible death camps. I think in Europe the total number who lost their lives is 12,000,000.

I never said we have a taboo monopol on suffering
There are other tragedies/ holocoust ...
( armenian genocide, african atlantic slave
trade)
Human beings can be a true monsters..

P.s
And what happned in syria when asad
Killed 2 milion people of his own country
And part of it with gas...
Not for nothing i dont have kids
Not to this world man...
No way:unsure:

given that carcalla and geta father septimus was punic lybian paternally ( his mother was italian though)
there is this option for there y haplogroups to be : j1, e-m81, e-v65:unsure:
with the bigest chances for e-m81 ....:)
it is cool that you belong to e-m81 from jordan .... (y)

p.s
yes some of the late roman emperors were from outside rome

If they were marked as Syrian they would be Neolithic. E-M18 is likely from Natufian farmers.
This is a real adaptation of the leaders

https://scontent.fgba1-1.fna.fbcdn....=8ff1ce5dec48018815936b35f217a023&oe=5F642651

I don't know where their noses "come from" in terms of lineage. I just meant that it doesn't look like Trump has that kind of nose, i.e. high nose bridge so it's almost a straight line from forehead to nose, or Roman "bump" half way down.

Donald%20Trump%20profile%2C%20September%202016_7976521_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

As a young man I see a resemblance more to Eric than Donald Jr. except for the pigmentation. The nose looks "thicker" around the bridge, don't you think? Maybe he had it altered?

donald-trump-young.jpg

His parents:
Relationship-of-President-elect-Donald-Trump%E2%80%99s-Parents.jpg

It looks like the Roman "bump" came from Trump's father. Nice looking man; better looking than his son at the same time of life.

It's hard to tell, but I don't think either of the sons got the nose from Ivana.

ivana-donald-trump.jpg

That woman's features are maybe Armenian even though she is registered as being a C Republic citizen. Clearly, the hair is bleached.

That woman's features are maybe Armenian even though she is registered as being a C Republic citizen. Clearly, the hair is bleached.

Everybody with a nose that has a tip that turns down is Near Eastern?

She doesn't look like any Armenian I've ever seen. Look at pictures of her as she got older. She couldn't be more Slavic in type.

Go through the whole thread. Lots of what people used to call Near Eastern noses sprinkled throughout Europe, even if it isn't the dominant shape for their country.

Oh, and you made some of the Emperors too dark. Verus was specifically described by contemporaries as having "natural" blonde hair and blue eyes, and yes, that would have been possible among the ancient Romans, even if uncommon. No reason for Marcus Aurelius to be so dark either.

This thread has been viewed 70928 times.

Back