Photo-real portraits of Roman emperors

I didn't say that they were 100% Central European but that a good part of their ancestry came from there, i was wrong when I said mostly it's more like 50%. Obviously they plot with Southern Europeans because they were admixed with the local EEF

And I believe that bronze age Central Europeans were darker than modern day Central European because they lacked Germanic admixture

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1T utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
The modern Saudi prince is representative of "Arab", probably then and now.

Not really since the Saudi prince Mohammed bin Salman looks SSA admixed. Arabs with the classical Arabic phenotype have sharper and finer features than him and are more gracile built. In my opinion, the Saudi Prince has rather a Northern African vibe. Besides, the photo-real portraits of Philip the Arab and his son turned out very well.
I have seen Lebanese, Iraqi, Syrian and even peninsular Arabs who strongly resemble Philip on this portrait. His son has the typical
Levantine look.

Dan Voshart is now virtue signalling like crazy and demonstrating his wokeness. He stated Black lives matter on Twitter and updated the photo-real portraits of Roman emperors and depicted several emperors including Hadrian with SSA skin tones. He depicts Severus Alexander who was Syrian and even Hadrian with dark brown skin in order to counter white supremacy and show diversity. The thing is that Severus looks like a Somali and not like a Syrian that he was. Truly pathetic when people can‘t keep their ideology, emotions and politics out of their work for the sake of objectivity and professionalism. Voshart claims that Septimus Severus was black and arrogantly dismissed the complaints of North Africans and Middle Easterners who try to educate him about the fact that their historical people were not dark-brown folks but looked like them. He told them to deal with it and insisted on Septimius being black. So disrespecting and distorting the history of Non-European people is fine as long it happens in the name of wokeness and anti-white supremacy.

1598101644_6064.jpeg

Septimius was black according to Voshart on twitter, and he justifies making Macrinus and his son looking dark- brown cause he think he was whitewashed.

https://twitter.com/tonyapc42/status/1290002486221139968

https://twitter.com/dvoshart/status/1296664860563058693

https://twitter.com/dvoshart/status/1289998000304136193/photo/1

https://twitter.com/dvoshart/status/1296664872357367814

On Voshart's twitter account one woman wrote Italians can't naturally and genetically display white skin like Northern Europeans. It's getting ridiculous now. I think Voshart needs someone who talks some sense into him.

^^His work is a complete joke.

These men are Syrians too, and I have a hunch that before the Saudi tribes moved in after Islam swept that part of the world, there were a lot more Syrians who looked like that.
3877426-3x2-700x467.jpg

The Alawites kept themselves apart.

It's as Melanie Phillips said on my link on the election thread: facts no longer matter; only feelings. So if it makes us feel good to make the early Emperors more "northern" looking we'll do it, and if it makes us feel good to make some Emperors look SSA admixed then we'll do it.

It's all to create a better world, didn't you know?

The Jacobins are taking over.

yorecreacionromana.jpeg

yorecreacionromana2.jpeg

yorecreacionromana3.jpeg

Which of the three images do I best fit in ancient Rome? Con las 3, con 2, con ninguna? The application does it but the catharsis is mine.

Dan Voshart is now virtue signalling like crazy and demonstrating his wokeness. He stated Black lives matter on Twitter and updated the photo-real portraits of Roman emperors and depicted several emperors including Hadrian with SSA skin tones. He depicts Severus Alexander who was Syrian and even Hadrian with dark brown skin in order to counter white supremacy and show diversity. The thing is that Severus looks like a Somali and not like a Syrian that he was. Truly pathetic when people can‘t keep their ideology, emotions and politics out of their work for the sake of objectivity and professionalism. Voshart claims that Septimus Severus was black and arrogantly dismissed the complaints of North Africans and Middle Easterners who try to educate him about the fact that their historical people were not dark-brown folks but looked like them. He told them to deal with it and insisted on Septimius being black. So disrespecting and distorting the history of Non-European people is fine as long it happens in the name of wokeness and anti-white supremacy.

1598101644_6064.jpeg

Septimius was black according to Voshart on twitter, and he justifies making Macrinus and his son looking dark- brown cause he think he was whitewashed.

https://twitter.com/dvoshart/status/1296664860563058693

https://twitter.com/dvoshart/status/1289998000304136193/photo/1

https://twitter.com/dvoshart/status/1296664872357367814

On Voshart's twitter account one woman wrote Italians can't naturally and genetically display white skin like Northern Europeans. It's getting ridiculous now. I think Voshart needs someone who talks some sense into him.

Dan Voshart has even had too much luck with his reconstructions that have become much more famous than they really deserved.

Dan Voshart is just a North American graphic artist with almost no knowledge of ancient history, ethnography and genetics. And like all ignorant people in his answers he shows great arrogance and great prejudice.

The romans were mostly Central European actually according to Moots paper...R1b and 30% circa steppe

Your'e wrong, first of all those are the Latins and not the Romans and 30% Steppe is what the Iberians/North Italians/Tuscans can have. Also Albanians and northern Greeks can have 30% Steppe. Central Europeans have more than 30% Steppe.

Your'e wrong, first of all those are the Latins and not the Romans and 30% Steppe is what the Iberians/North Italians/Tuscans can have. Also Albanians and northern Greeks can have 30% Steppe. Central Europeans have more than 30% Steppe.
Ok but that steppe admixture came from Central or Eastern Europe north of the Alps. I'm dark haired I m not a blond supremacist lol

Dan Voshart has even had too much luck with his reconstructions that have become much more famous than they really deserved.

Dan Voshart is just a North American graphic artist with almost no knowledge of ancient history, ethnography and genetics. And like all ignorant people in his answers he shows great arrogance and great prejudice.

I agree with your statement. The thing is there were people who tried to educate and correct Voshart, but he refused to listen. The reconstruction of ancient Roman emperors was not diverse enough, and "too white" for the taste of SJWs and woke folks. So he is wilfully ignorant. Anyway, this is beyond me. What the heck does ancient Roman history have do with the cultural war and the identity politics in the USA today?

Regular North Africans and Syrians back then (like today) didn't display such dark skin tone.
blob

blob

Here, for example, the skin tone of Peninsular Arabs when not overexposed to the sun.
b591e9f5-f8e6-467d-bfd7-36756d673d42.jpg

three-business-men-walking-in-dubai-wearing-traditional-emirati-clothes-W5DFW9.jpg

Vorshart is really a left-wing moron for thinking that Hadrian from Iberia and Alexander Severus were much darker than Peninsular Arabs. Zero common sense. Besides,
Maximinius Thrax was a Barbarian emperor, half Goth and half Alan, so he was most likely pale, yet Voshart just decides out of the blue to make him look darker than the ancient Egyptians from Fayum for the sake of diversity and a better world. Hence not only the Romans but also Barbarians like Goth had to be dark according to him.

blob

yorecreacionromana.jpeg

yorecreacionromana2.jpeg

yorecreacionromana3.jpeg

Which of the three images do I best fit in ancient Rome? Con las 3, con 2, con ninguna? The application does it but the catharsis is mine.

in my opinion
maybe the first ...:unsure:
you can fit the best in Renaissance paintings :)

in my opinion
maybe the first ...:unsure:
you can fit the best in Renaissance paintings :)

If I chose 1 for my avatar my status in ancient Rome is clearly seen, the 2 also provokes me but evokes me, inevitably dragging me on adventures that end in drama or doom and the 3 is already when you have a very good son; although who knows, maybe it's the worst of the three

My God how is it possible I can say that I have been in ancient Rome my results and my images are showing it much better than those of that type. I have had to do with ancient Rome which others cannot say.

I agree with your statement. The thing is there were people who tried to educate and correct Voshart, but he refused to listen. The reconstruction of ancient Roman emperors was not diverse enough, and "too white" for the taste of SJWs and woke folks. So he is wilfully ignorant. Anyway, this is beyond me. What the heck does ancient Roman history have do with the cultural war and the identity politics in the USA today?

Regular North Africans and Syrians back then (like today) didn't display such dark skin tone.
blob

blob

Here, for example, the skin tone of Peninsular Arabs when not overexposed to the sun.
b591e9f5-f8e6-467d-bfd7-36756d673d42.jpg

three-business-men-walking-in-dubai-wearing-traditional-emirati-clothes-W5DFW9.jpg

Vorshart is really a left-wing moron for thinking that Hadrian from Iberia and Alexander Severus were much darker than Peninsular Arabs. Zero common sense. Besides,
Maximinius Thrax was a Barbarian emperor, half Goth and half Alan, so he was most likely pale, yet Voshart just decides out of the blue to make him look darker than the ancient Egyptians from Fayum for the sake of diversity and a better world. Hence not only the Romans but also Barbarians like Goth had to be dark according to him.

blob

The obsession of American people (whether racist or self-purportedly anti-racist ones) with skin color is just unhealthy, and their overwhelming soft power influence over the rest of the world is unfortunately exporting these nonsensical and increasingly polarized white vs. black and light vs. dark classifications to the rest of the world, with little room for subtlety, mixed and intermediate positions. It's either X or Y, nothing in between. And the skin color thing is really getting ridiculous. EVEN IF, I mean, IF (of course this is false) ancient people of Iberian, Italian, Gothic, Alan, Syrian or whatever extraction were dark-skinned, even darker-skinned than they are shown in these reconstructions, what the hell would it change? They would still be nothing like nor even an inch more closely related to modern Africans, Indians, Arabians or whatever. All it would mean is that selection for increasingly lighter skin tones was particularly more powerful in the last 2,000 years than we'd thought before - and that's all, folks.

These people seem to be so stuck in their white-or-back mindset that they can't possibly conceive that a light-skinned European or West Asian may descend from dark-skinned ancestors who weren't even that different (in genome-wide ancestry) from them, or that dark-skinned Eurasian doesn't have to have any modicum of African ancestry to have significant skin pigmentation (after all, all Eurasians were dark-skinned until not "so long" ago, i.e. at least ~15-25 kya, and some remained so for much longer or even until today). People like Vorshart, if they are reeeeally meaning it when they say they are trying to destroy systemic racism, should start by denying the very premises around which racism was founded, so they should stop thinking about diversity as basically a matter of diverse skin colors (while they apparently couldn't care less about different ethnic, cultural and linguistic identities) and about identity as a mere matter of looks.

@Ygorcs
Where I live, people don't give a damn what color you are, and generally we’re very kind with each other.

What you watch on TV is the exception to the rules.

... and you, as a Brazilian should know better ... than bashing America for ... that!

... is also Election season and the bias media sensationalize stuff ...

I have to make a huge effort to talk about these issues because the andaluza education I have received does not address these issues as I have discovered in the forums that deal with these issues, in fact foreigners are not usually criticized for good or bad. The most difficult to fit the vision of the younger countries of America, perhaps it is due to the enormous variety of tones they have or their history, I don't know but we should not import that way of seeing things to Europe.

http://Spaniards are not white, according to the New York Times

Spaniards are not white, according to the New York Times

The American newspaper carried out an analysis of the 922 most powerful people in the country and concluded that 80% of them are white

I imagine that the United States has a powerful Ibero-American community and when they see Spanish surnames they must have opted for a Hispanic classification that for them must be South Americans.

In Spain this article has been very bad.

These Spaniards for the New York Times are not white

Pablo Isla

330px-PicPabloIsla.jpg

[FONT=&quot]John Garamendi[/FONT]

John_Garamendi_113th_Congress.jpg

Neither does Devin Nunes who is of Portuguese origin
hero-img.jpg

I have to make a huge effort to talk about these issues because the andaluza education I have received does not address these issues as I have discovered in the forums that deal with these issues, in fact foreigners are not usually criticized for good or bad. The most difficult to fit the vision of the younger countries of America, perhaps it is due to the enormous variety of tones they have or their history, I don't know but we should not import that way of seeing things to Europe.

The American newspaper carried out an analysis of the 922 most powerful people in the country and concluded that 80% of them are white

I imagine that the United States has a powerful Ibero-American community and when they see Spanish surnames they must have opted for a Hispanic classification that for them must be South Americans.

maybe because the anglo-saxon world only consider themselfs as white ....
who knows .....:unsure:
i never been to spain so i can't judge
but i did visit england and they are( native british ) very very pale :unsure:

These Spaniards for the New York Times are not white

Pablo Isla

330px-PicPabloIsla.jpg

John Garamendi

John_Garamendi_113th_Congress.jpg

Neither does Devin Nunes who is of Portuguese origin
hero-img.jpg

It seems that for many Leftists, Spaniards are white when they talk about New World colonization. They become non-white, when they want to court them for solidarity against Anglo-Americans. I think nordicist racists almost have a similar mentality. Both of them think in terms of outmoded 19th, and 20th century physical anthropology, and political polarization.

maybe because the anglo-saxon world only consider themselfs as white ....
who knows .....:unsure:
i never been to spain so i can't judge
but i did visit england and they are( native british ) very very pale :unsure:

It seems incredible to me that you say that you have never been to Spain to give an opinion. Truly throughout the American continent from top to bottom there are criteria on this subject that are not the ones we have in Western Europe, perhaps in Eastern Europe they are also different or it is convenient for them to do so. I already said that I have to make an effort to talk about these issues since it is not a priority issue nor is strictly observed a white tone literally speaking since the most natural or normal here in addition to the literal white go to beige and what perhaps for A European from Eastern Europe is dark here it is not so dark, it is possible that in North America or the entire American continent it is even more strict than in Eastern Europe, I don't know, I am based on what I am seeing on the forums.

It seems that for many Leftists, Spaniards are white when they talk about New World colonization. They become non-white, when they want to court them for solidarity against Anglo-Americans. I think nordicist racists almost have a similar mentality. Both of them think in terms of outmoded 19th, and 20th century physical anthropology, and political polarization.

The Spanish leftists I can not with them are distorting and manipulating everything and it is something that surpasses me since I hate the lie as my mother taught me.

Really, all the history about America we see it very far and at the same level as any other ancient era, however I see that the world has it very present and updated, perhaps the younger countries have that very latent and present period because they hardly have more history than that, but we see it very far away and when we receive so much criticism as if those events had happened before yesterday it is a problem because you realize that for them it is important and they live it as something recent but for us no, we do not say nothing and we have to play the role of the script but we find it as hard as if we had to update Rome, Visigoths, Al Andalus, etc. We must bear in mind that we are an old country in Europe and we establish ourselves quickly, I do not know if it will be possible for the younger countries to understand it, perhaps in 1000 years when they have more history.

The Spanish left supports everything, anything that is not European, they go against their own ethnic group, I don't know, it's surreal, I can't understand them.

It seems incredible to me that you say that you have never been to Spain to give an opinion. Truly throughout the American continent from top to bottom there are criteria on this subject that are not the ones we have in Western Europe, perhaps in Eastern Europe they are also different or it is convenient for them to do so. I already said that I have to make an effort to talk about these issues since it is not a priority issue nor is strictly observed a white tone literally speaking since the most natural or normal here in addition to the literal white go to beige and what perhaps for A European from Eastern Europe is dark here it is not so dark, it is possible that in North America or the entire American continent it is even more strict than in Eastern Europe, I don't know, I am based on what I am seeing on the forums.

well
i don't live in space
i saw the spanish national basketball team
to me they are white
don't know what other crazy people thinks

1- for phenotypes, true Arabs are only a variation of the 'europoid' type, 1 point! (only some mixings at the margins through SSA females mating): among Jew Arabs, this relatively recent admixture is almost = 0 -
2- the most of today 'Europoids' have a rather light skin when protected from sunlight, whatever the nuances - it's under sunlight t that differences grow up -
3- Agree that this obsession on skin colour- which accounts for very little in Humans differenciation - is boring. As if intelligence or any thing linked to positive evolution was linked to skin colour... What doesn't signify skin colour is without incidence on sexual or other choices.
4- I agree this Voshart choices are ridiculous.
5- I'm personally rather leftist in the political sense and I think "leftist" or "rightist" attractions have not their place in the research of objective knowledges, even in the sociological ones. Before making sociologic political choices, we have to try to weight reality objectively.

This thread has been viewed 70635 times.

Back