Photo-real portraits of Roman emperors

I'd say this is a pretty good "modernized" portrait of a bust of Julius Caesar, and the man would totally fit into today's Italy. In fact, he looks a lot like my mother's father and somewhat like my mother herself, i.e. a masculine version.

Of course, whether the bust really is a good representation of Caesar, we don't know, but it was certainly modeled on someone of the period.

BrtOSxj.png

The creator has a facebook page where she does this for a lot of ancient people. Most of them look pretty good to me, except perhaps Nefertiti, who wouldn't have been as "African" looking from what we know of ancient Egyptian genetics, and unless the coins of her are inaccurate, Cleopatra really wasn't that pretty.

Indeed, Agrippina and Lady Jane Grey are the only really pretty women, but make up and modern hair do wonders.:) It seems she made a really silly mistake with the latter. She clearly should have blue eyes.

https://www.facebook.com/RoyaltyNow/photos

Wow, I look even more like a female version of him in this reconstruction.

8pt2uAM.png

Anyway, here is a coin issued by Caesar himself while he was in Gaul. The laurel leaf hides the fact that he was balding. Vanity, vanity, all is vanity. :)

Ozu00bm.png

I'd say this is a pretty good "modernized" portrait of a bust of Julius Caesar, and the man would totally fit into today's Italy. In fact, he looks a lot like my mother's father and somewhat like my mother herself, i.e. a masculine version.

Of course, whether the bust really is a good representation of Caesar, we don't know, but it was certainly modeled on someone of the period.

BrtOSxj.png

The creator has a facebook page where she does this for a lot of ancient people. Most of them look pretty good to me, except perhaps Nefertiti, who wouldn't have been as "African" looking from what we know of ancient Egyptian genetics, and unless the coins of her are inaccurate, Cleopatra really wasn't that pretty.

Indeed, Agrippina and Lady Jane Grey are the only really pretty women, but make up and modern hair do wonders.:) It seems she made a really silly mistake with the latter. She clearly should have blue eyes.

https://www.facebook.com/RoyaltyNow/photos

Absolutely, I agree.

Absolutely, I agree.

I added my children's favorite picture of me for comparison; I'm about 30 there.

The reconstruction looks more like he could be my brother than my brother does. He's a totally different type.

That image of Julius Caesar above is very idyllic. Angela I'm sorry, but I don't see the resemblance hahahahaha

Julio-C%C3%A9sar-1.jpg

Julio-C%C3%A9sar-2.jpg

That image of Julius Caesar above is very idyllic. Angela I'm sorry, but I don't see the resemblance hahahahaha

Julio-C%C3%A9sar-1.jpg

Julio-C%C3%A9sar-2.jpg

I'm not so fond of that one, although the only thing "wrong" in my opinion is that the eyes are too close together. It's more the expression in the eyes, or lack of expression, that I find wanting.

This is still my favorite.
enPUX5l.png

It's as if he's about to speak.

Julio-C%C3%A9sar-1.jpg

enPUX5l.png

una-reconstruccion-revela-la-extrana-deformidad-del-craneo-de-julio-cesar.jpg

Julius Caesar was the great protagonist of the last period of Republican Rome. He was a majestic orator, strategist, writer and poet, he stood out mainly as a politician and military badge, he had a personality, impulsive, ambitious but also generous and subtle.

Last edited:
It's incredible to delve into the complexities of Julius Caesar's character and achievements. From his prowess as an orator and strategist to his literary talents, he truly left an indelible mark on the last period of Republican Rome. Exploring photo-real portraits of Roman emperors like Caesar allows us to connect with history on a deeper level, visualizing the faces of those who shaped ancient civilizations.

This thread has been viewed 70926 times.

Back