mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
IvVJPTk.jpg

sj9iyhF.jpg

Don't participate if you already know.

IvVJPTk.jpg

sj9iyhF.jpg

Don't participate if you already know.

My first inclination would be to say Hispanic, although they usually have straight hair, so maybe a bit of SSA as well? He has very "Caucasian" features, though, so maybe just basically an American with a bit of admix?

Siberian ancestry....would the Icelandic singer Björk be a similar case?

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Nah, Siberian admixture doesn't make European skin so dark and hair so curly. Keep in mind that Siberians have bone straight hair like Native Americans. It's more likely that this man has some other non-European admixture too. I learned to trust my eyes and common sense more than what people claim. I debated English people who swore that Cliff Richard is fully English while I suspected that he has some South Asian admixture. Recently it came out that Cliff Richard had an Indian grandmother, etc. There are some Europeans who hide there non-European ancestry even when it's small.

Perhaps some degree of siberian-ancestry is what makes him look sort of mestizo, idk if he is part Sammi.
Not sure. Wikipedia says he is from Trysil, which is a bit far south from the Sami heartland, but you never know. Another possible explanation is Forest Finn-ancestry, which is not uncommon in the inland areas of Eastern Norway bordering to Sweden. The Forest Finns were migrants originally coming from Eastern Finland (Savonia), and they probably carried more Siberian ancestry and darker phenotypes than native Norwegians.

Islander pacific

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

He looks like he has Native American-Southern European admixture, so I would have guessed Mexican.

This thread has been viewed 7740 times.

Back