Countries that believe their culture is superior to others

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo it needs just a certain amount of education and developement plus certainly also wealth to fight ethno-nationalism. poor and uneducated people tend to go for ethnonationalism faster because it gives them security and a feeling of superiority out of nothing. theres probably a direct correlation between ethno nationalism and social developement in many other aspects.

I believe that supporting ethnos, is better than supporting internationalism and globalization
as you support your family first etc

I don't like nationalism as well as clericalism. It often means standing behind an idea that looks more silly with every new thing you learn about the world.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with being ethnocentric, or having a preference for your ethnicity. As long as it isn't brought to an irrational extreme, or results in others being treated unfairly.

However, I do think there is something wrong with people that don't have a sense of pride in who they are. Which is also extended to their ethnicity.

as long as there is no genetic component in ethnocentrism then maybe it is not inherently wrong. if there is one, then no, it just asks for problems especially if it is tied to ethnonationalism. same with sense of pride that is extended to the ethnicity and isn't based on personal achievements.
it's something that really isn't needed and when it's there it almost always leads to discrimination.

as long as there is no genetic component in ethnocentrism then maybe it is not inherently wrong. if there is one, then no, it just asks for problems especially if it is tied to ethnonationalism. same with sense of pride that is extended to the ethnicity and isn't based on personal achievements.
it's something that really isn't needed and when it's there it almost always leads to discrimination.

I think it is difficult to divorce a genetic component from ethnicity. Otherwise, it is not different from the construct of "nationality". Nevertheless, I think people should be proud of who they are, no matter what.

I think it is difficult to divorce a genetic component from ethnicity. Otherwise, it is not different from the construct of "nationality". Nevertheless, I think people should be proud of who they are, no matter what.

I think even liberals and sociologists (inadvertantly?) tie culture to genetics. Because when an offender of a different genetic group is accused of parodying another's culture, they call it "cultural appropriation". For example, when a white person dresses in a non-white person's ethnic attire.

if that is the case then ethnocentrism is inherently wrong imo. it would basically translate to "our ancestry is better than others" with no differentiation. though the definition also includes culture, religion not tied to ancestry, so at least in theory it's different.

I think even liberals and sociologists (inadvertantly?) tie culture to genetics. Because when an offender of a different genetic group is accused of parodying another's culture, they call it "cultural appropriation". For example, when a white person dresses in a non-white person's ethnic attire.

there are also a lot of people who think cultural appropriation is something positive, something that has always happened and that has led to more developement and diversity. that it is seen as something bad is a modern extreme. and don't you think that this extreme stance is harmful? there are those who don't want to share parts of their culture with others and there are those who don't want to experience other cultures or allow other influences(ethnocentrists). both not really good.

if ethnocentrism is considered as something good and it is automatically tied to genetics, then how to determine the consequences? do you think for example the anti-italians party in in the 1960's in switzerland was justified? or more extreme does fascism or even nazism have a point? maybe humans are just incapable so they need ethnocentrism to get a feeling of belonging and to get something that gives them a direction, but imo it is just a remnant from evolution that does more harm than it is good.

Last edited:
Ireally do not yjink so,
I do not think that Nazism or Fasism has to do with the pride of the id and culture,
I think Fasism and Nazism were rather political situations in the hands of some leaders, who pressed IMPERIALIZATION,

and believe me, the same fear of Imperialism sprung from Nazism and Fasisim, The same Fear sprungs from Globalization and one artificial culture called New ....
Yet that does mean that someone will go migrant to a country and will force them to change their culture, or provide his culture as the only one that must exist
A good example is the culture of the religion of Muslim migrants in West Europe,
now tell me, who is more Fasist or Nazi?
a Greek that believe his culture superior?
an East European who belives that also?
or an Illegal migrant who spit European cultures inside Europe?

When we speak about Fasism, Nazism etc we must be carefull,
the most easy thing today is to accuse someone as anti-Semitic as NAZI as Fasist etc etc
but is it such?

the NAZI and Fasist era in Europe is over,
time to cut the head of the other monster which is called Globalization or NEW ....

as we have fought state or nations Dictatorships, we must fight also against global Dictatorship
otherwise we are doomed as humanity to an uncertain future.

and bellieve me, as Imperialistic games used once Nazism, today they use globalization.

Ireally do not yjink so,
I do not think that Nazism or Fasism has to do with the pride of the id and culture,
I think Fasism and Nazism were rather political situations in the hands of some leaders, who pressed IMPERIALIZATION,

and believe me, the same fear of Imperialism sprung from Nazism and Fasisim, The same Fear sprungs from Globalization and one artificial culture called New ....
Yet that does mean that someone will go migrant to a country and will force them to change their culture, or provide his culture as the only one that must exist
A good example is the culture of the religion of Muslim migrants in West Europe,
now tell me, who is more Fasist or Nazi?
a Greek that believe his culture superior?
an East European who belives that also?
or an Illegal migrant who spit European cultures inside Europe?

When we speak about Fasism, Nazism etc we must be carefull,
the most easy thing today is to accuse someone as anti-Semitic as NAZI as Fasist etc etc
but is it such?

the NAZI and Fasist era in Europe is over,
time to cut the head of the other monster which is called Globalization or NEW ....

as we have fought state or nations Dictatorships, we must fight also against global Dictatorship
otherwise we are doomed as humanity to an uncertain future.

and bellieve me, as Imperialistic games used once Nazism, today they use globalization.

you are misunderstanding me. if someone said the societies of western/northern europe are more developed than those in the rest of europe and he tied this with genetics how would you like that? and what exactly would this person be in your opinion? note i wasn't simply talking about culture but about ethnocentrism that is tied to genetics.

it would basically translate to "our ancestry is better than others" with no differentiation

I don't see how you can make that leap.

Ethnic groups have a genetic to component to them, that is just a fact. Everyone lives on a gradient of various source populations. Right down to a regional level. Acknowledging that, doesn't make you chauvinistic.

Often we see people using the Indo-European language to justify, how their culture is the genesis of everything that has been accomplished. I think most people would consider this so ridiculous, that is it is not even worth contesting... You can trace reggaetón music back to Corded Ware? :rolleyes: To suggest the artists of this style give a damn that they owe some of the language to bronze age people is laughable, and I think the same is the case for people from some ancient cultures as well.

So in a way I sort of agree, culture is inspired by the by the accomplishments of others. But these are just ingredients, to create something more localized, and distinguishable created by others. You don't just credit the use of water for baking a cake.

I don't see how you can make that leap.

Ethnic groups have a genetic to component to them, that is just a fact. Everyone lives on a gradient of various source populations. Right down to a regional level. Acknowledging that, doesn't make you chauvinistic.

Often we see people using the Indo-European language to justify, how their culture is the genesis of everything that has been accomplished. I think most people would consider this so ridiculous, that is it is not even worth contesting... You can trace reggaetón music back to Corded Ware? :rolleyes: To suggest the artists of this style give a damn that they owe some of the language to bronze age people is laughable, and I think the same is the case for people from some ancient cultures as well.

So in a way I sort of agree, culture is inspired by the by the accomplishments of others. But these are just ingredients, to create something more localized, and distinguishable created by others. You don't just credit the use of water for baking a cake.

by definition ethnocentrism is considering your own customs as normal and better than those of others. if you add in a genetic component then of course you are implying that your ancestry is better than the one of others. if you just acknowledge the existense of different ethnicities and that they have differing genetic components, that's not ethnocentrism. it starts when you tie it to the cultures you are judging.

by definition ethnocentrism is considering your own customs as normal and better than those of others. if you add in a genetic component then of course you are implying that your ancestry is better than the one of others. if you just acknowledge the existense of different ethnicities and that they have differing genetic components, that's not ethnocentrism. it starts when you tie it to the cultures you are judging.

I disagree, you can have a preference, and a deep facination with your culture. Which is what I would consider ethnocentric, it doesn't mean you think you are superior, or hateful of others. What you are discribing is being a supremacist, which is an irrational and narrow minded extreme of ethnocentricism.

you are misunderstanding me. if someone said the societies of western/northern europe are more developed than those in the rest of europe and he tied this with genetics how would you like that? and what exactly would this person be in your opinion? note i wasn't simply talking about culture but about ethnocentrism that is tied to genetics.

Simply, you answer him with history, and historical eras were genetics evolve, and with famous people genetics,

that reminds me, the true or myth of famous that had some mental disorders and achieve great things, and if they are inherited to next generations.

Simply, you answer him with history, and historical eras were genetics evolve, and with famous people genetics,

that reminds me, the true or myth of famous that had some mental disorders and achieve great things, and if they are inherited to next generations.

again what would this person be for you? how would you describe it? maybe fascist or nazi?

I’m ethnocentric, ... what’s my user Name? :)

though at times I do wonder if my ethnocentricity might be slightly misplaced?!?

r5pPWrm.jpg

I disagree, you can have a preference, and a deep facination with your culture. Which is what I would consider ethnocentric, it doesn't mean you think you are superior, or hateful of others. What you are discribing is being a supremacist, which is an irrational and narrow minded extreme of ethnocentricism.

ethnocentrism only describes how someone judges other cultures. it isn't a term that describes a persons love for his own culture for example. that's how i understand it.
and wasn't the initial question about feeling superior to other cultures anyway?

now what would you have said to the anti italian party? let's say they all just really had a preference and facination for swiss culture, they also tied it to genetics and didn't want to change it.

ethnocentrism only describes how someone judges other cultures. it isn't a term that describes a persons love for his own culture for example. that's how i understand it.
and wasn't the initial question about feeling superior to other cultures anyway?

now what would you have said to the anti italian party? let's say they all just really had a preference and facination for swiss culture, they also tied it to genetics and didn't want to change it.

You are just begging the question now, and I have already shared my sentiments on people being treated unfairly. The question is, many people already have preferences for their culture, and even without deep knowledge of genetics, they assume their is a genetic component to it. That's a positive statement, not a normative one, like you are insisting on. The question is, what are you going to do about it? I will answer that for you, nothing. Like I said, if you try to socially engineer morality on an unwilling populace, you tend to get a complete backlash. Moreover, even liberals agree that tribalism is inherent in human nature, so you are insisting they subscribe unwillingly to something that is technically unnatural. Good luck with that.

again what would this person be for you? how would you describe it? maybe fascist or nazi?

hm

Calling someone Fasist or Nazi or antiSemitic or anti-whatever is a modern easy way to call someone antisocial,

Now about genetics and culture,

SO MY ANSWER

there are lactose tollerant and lactose intollerant genes,
these genes can make 2 tottaly different cultures,
each one will believe his culture better than the other, cause fits with their genes.
Could you call these guys Fasists or Nazis?

a more modern wave create the Vegetarians, it is a culture today, a modern global culture,
my question, Could you call a vegetarian as Nazi for he thinks his culture is better and fits with genes
or Do you believe that non Vegetarians are the Nazi who supress his culture?

in my culture every weekend 1-2 small glass wine or few ml of alcohol is a must,
Do you think I supress other human culture by that?
Do you think I supress the Diabetic ones who do not drink alcohol?
Do you think a culture that forbits me to do such is supressing my rights?
can you find me the NAZI above?

SO MY ANSWER

each one will believe his culture better than the other, cause fits with their genes.

don't twist what i asked you. if someone say his culture is better than the others and he thinks culture is determined by genetics so he doesn't want any foreign immigration that could alter the genetic composition of the ethnicity what is he?

if the vegetarian thinks he and the other vegetarians are genetically better than the meat eaters then what is he?

You are just begging the question now, and I have already shared my sentiments on people being treated unfairly. The question is, many people already have preferences for their culture, and even without deep knowledge of genetics, they assume their is a genetic component to it. That's a positive statement, not a normative one, like you are insisting on. The question is, what are you going to do about it? I will answer that for you, nothing. Like I said, if you try to socially engineer morality on an unwilling populace, you tend to get a complete backlash. Moreover, even liberals agree that tribalism is inherent in human nature, so you are insisting they subscribe unwillingly to something that is technically unnatural. Good luck with that.

is asking a normal question, begging the question? i mean you said ethnocentrism is not inherently wrong and that it is hard to seperate the rest of ethnicity from genetics so i wanted to know your opinion on a case of ethnocentrism that had italians as victims. your answer is that you wouldn't agree with anit-italians party but you also don't think they were bad, it was just one of those backlashes you mention? wouldn't this mean that you don't agree with these backlashes too but you just accept them because you think it's human nature? sometimes you shouldn't listen to human nature.

let's assume that culture has a genetic component and let's assume people take this for certain but are not judging other cultures you would still have the problem that people who have a "preference" for their own culture would discriminate people with foreign background because they would also have a "prefernce" for people with the same genetics. the word "preference" is already implying unfair treatment.

don't twist what i asked you. if someone say his culture is better than the others and he thinks culture is determined by genetics so he doesn't want any foreign immigration that could alter the genetic composition of the ethnicity what is he?

if the vegetarian thinks he and the other vegetarians are genetically better than the meat eaters then what is he?

I gave you an answer, but your twisted mind see only Nazism in Europeans, not elsewhere

Calling someone Fasist or Nazi or antiSemitic or anti-whatever is a modern easy way to call someone antisocial,

Now about genetics and culture,

SO MY ANSWER

a more modern wave create the Vegetarians, it is a culture today, a modern global culture,
my question, Could you call a vegetarian as Nazi for he thinks his culture is better and fits with genes
or Do you believe that non Vegetarians are the Nazi who supress his culture?

in my culture every weekend 1-2 small glass wine or few ml of alcohol is a must,
Do you think I supress other human culture by that?
Do you think I supress the Diabetic ones who do not drink alcohol?
Do you think a culture that forbits me to do such is supressing my rights?
can you find me the NAZI above?

plz stop calling us NAZI,

cause we do not accept your political cosmotheories,
the hidden NAZI and twister is in your ideas,
yes I am proud of my genes and my culture,
AND I DO NOT WANT to be a piece of meat by the Globalization machine, an anonymous burger to be sold by an eponymous store.
and I believe my culture and genes are better than yours, cause if I do not, I will get the complex of inferior, and i must consume what ever your globalization provide me,
It is better to have the feeling of tribal superiority, and accept others as having equal rights with you, than to accept that you are inferior, cause then you allow them to suppress you.

I gave you an answer who is the Nazi and the Fasist today, read it again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 59548 times.

Back