Countries that believe their culture is superior to others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every country wants to have control of its borders. It has nothing to do with fascism. We do not owe anybody safe refuge from economic catastrophe or political oppression. Do some of the more economically advantaged nations help other less advantaged nations sometimes, sure but it is out of pure philanthropic instinct. Do some people join philanthropic organizations to help other people? Sure. But they don't owe it. Some well intentioned NGO sometimes do more harm than good by encouraging migration when it is not welcomed.

I gave you an answer, but your twisted mind see only Nazism in Europeans, not elsewhere

plz stop calling us NAZI,

cause we do not accept your political cosmotheories,
the hidden NAZI and twister is in your ideas,
yes I am proud of my genes and my culture,
AND I DO NOT WANT to be a piece of meat by the Globalization machine, an anonymous burger to be sold by an eponymous store.
and I believe my culture and genes are better than yours, cause if I do not, I will get the complex of inferior, and i must consume what ever your globalization provide me,
It is better to have the feeling of tribal superiority, and accept others as having equal rights with you, than to accept that you are inferior, cause then you allow them to suppress you.

I gave you an answer who is the Nazi and the Fasist today, read it again

if the person i described is you then yes you certainly have a brown touch. i'll repeat again, if someone thinks his culture is superior and he thinks that his culture is formed by the genetics of his ethnicity or that the difference between cultures is due to genetics then what is he? i still hope you are somehow confusing what i'm saying with something else. otherwise when nordicists discriminate you and your people you have nothing to say imo. cause aren't you saying that it's best to feel superior since there is only superiority and inferiority in your world view.?

if the person i described is you then yes you certainly have a brown touch. i'll repeat again, if someone thinks his culture is superior and he thinks that his culture is formed by the genetics of his ethnicity or that the difference between cultures is due to genetics then what is he? i still hope you are somehow confusing what i'm saying with something else. otherwise when nordicists discriminate you and your people you have nothing to say imo. cause aren't you saying that it's best to feel superior since there is only superiority and inferiority in your world view.?

Yikes... his response was... cringe...
Don't engage him, his genes and culture are superior! LOL
If anything someone frequenting this forum that long should lose such dogmas, but somehow no?!
I wonder how some people derive their self worth on such trivialities.
On another note, he does not really represent most Greeks I know but rather the fringe, the average Greek is more modest and down to earth, at least from my personal experience in real life.

Yikes... his response was... cringe...
Don't engage him, his genes and culture are superior! LOL
If anything someone frequenting this forum that long should lose such dogmas, but somehow no?!
I wonder how some people derive their self worth on such trivialities.
On another note, he does not really represent most Greeks I know but rather the fringe, the average Greek is more modest and down to earth, at least from my personal experience in real life.

If we are going to start responding to other members like 13 year olds, there will be consequences. This is a warning.

If we are going to start responding to other members like 13 year olds, there will be consequences. This is a warning.

You are right. I have Yetos ignored cause of so many ruined threads in the past, but since Alichu quoted him I saw this nonsense
"and I believe my culture and genes are better than yours"
and I got a bit a carried away.

Every country wants to have control of its borders. It has nothing to do with fascism. We do not owe anybody safe refuge from economic catastrophe or political oppression. Do some of the more economically advantaged nations help other less advantaged nations sometimes, sure but it is out of pure philanthropic instinct. Do some people join philanthropic organizations to help other people? Sure. But they don't owe it. Some well intentioned NGO sometimes do more harm than good by encouraging migration when it is not welcomed.

Don't waste your time arguing with open border idiots. Their harmful agenda is clear.

is asking a normal question, begging the question? i mean you said ethnocentrism is not inherently wrong and that it is hard to seperate the rest of ethnicity from genetics so i wanted to know your opinion on a case of ethnocentrism that had italians as victims. your answer is that you wouldn't agree with anit-italians party but you also don't think they were bad, it was just one of those backlashes you mention? wouldn't this mean that you don't agree with these backlashes too but you just accept them because you think it's human nature? sometimes you shouldn't listen to human nature.

let's assume that culture has a genetic component and let's assume people take this for certain but are not judging other cultures you would still have the problem that people who have a "preference" for their own culture would discriminate people with foreign background because they would also have a "prefernce" for people with the same genetics. the word "preference" is already implying unfair treatment.

You speaking in absurd extremes is a misrepresentation of my previous statements. I have already stated that people being treated unfairly, is not acceptable, I am not going to keep on repeating it. Also, people have their preferences, it doesn't mean they are hateful towards others. Ergo, of course I don't support an anti-Italian party. Just like I wouldn't support, Italians harming or lynching other ethnic groups. Culture is a localized byproduct of other influences, that is distinguished by the people who create it. Often, but not always, this is tied to ethnicity. Moreover, I will repeat again, that ethnicity does in fact have a genetic component to it. Stop confusing arbitrary designations like nationality, with ethnicity.

You speaking in absurd extremes is a misrepresentation of my previous statements. I have already stated that people being treated unfairly, is not acceptable, I am not going to keep on repeating it. Also, people have their preferences, it doesn't mean they are hateful towards others. Ergo, of course I don't support an anti-Italian party. Just like I wouldn't support, Italians harming or lynching other ethnic groups. Culture is a localized byproduct of other influences, that is distinguished by the people who create it. Often, but not always, this is tied to ethnicity. Moreover, I will repeat again, that ethnicity does in fact have a genetic component to it. Stop confusing arbitrary designations like nationality, with ethnicity.

never said that there isn't a genetic component in ethnicity. the topic of the last few posts was't ethnicity but ethnocentrism. what i am asking is that if it's not inherently bad when those people have a preference for the genetic component of an ethnicity, through the connection with culture, which i was criticizing, or even without looking at culture, then how are you going to judge a racist anti-immigration party?

if nationality is an arbitrary designation then so is ethnicity, since ethnicity nowadays is often defined by nationality.

never said that there isn't a genetic component in ethnicity. the topic of the last few posts was't ethnicity but ethnocentrism. what i am asking is that if it's not inherently bad when those people have a preference for the genetic component of an ethnicity, through the connection with culture, which i was criticizing, or even without looking at culture, then how are you going to judge a racist anti-immigration party?

Are you attempting to call me the equivalent of a racist?

if nationality is an arbitrary designation then so is ethnicity, since ethnicity nowadays is often defined by nationality.

No it isn't, there are ethnic groups, without a nation-state, like the Kurds.

Are you attempting to call me the equivalent of a racist?

Comparing someone to a racist for having an affinity for their culture, is equivalent to calling someone left-of-center a Stalinist. It is absurd.

You are right. I have Yetos ignored cause of so many ruined threads in the past, but since Alichu quoted him I saw this nonsense
"and I believe my culture and genes are better than yours"
and I got a bit a carried away.

Look who is talking,

and how typical, of a poor propagandist,
he did not even quote the whole phrase, only what suit him

Comparing someone to a racist for having an affinity for their culture, is equivalent to calling someone left-of-center a Stalinist. It is absurd.

well, i wouldn't call someone who is against immigration of foreign people because it could change the supposed genetical backbone of a culture as right-of-center. otherwise the anti-italians party of switzerland or any party that was against immigration because the migrants were genetically and culturally not the same would be right-of-center.
as i said if genetics play no role and the other aspects of ethnicity are not connected with genetics then ethnocentrism is not inherently wrong imo either.

and no i'm not saying you are a racist, i just want to know how you seperate good ethnocentrism from bad one when you think that it is connected with genetics but still not inherently wrong

well, i wouldn't call someone who is against immigration of foreign people because it could change the supposed genetical backbone of a culture as right-of-center. otherwise the anti-italians party of switzerland or any party that was against immigration because the migrants were genetically and culturally not the same would be right-of-center.
as i said if genetics play no role and the other aspects of ethnicity are not connected with genetics then ethnocentrism is not inherently wrong imo either.

and no i'm not saying you are a racist, i just want to know how you seperate good ethnocentrism from bad one when you think that it is connected with genetics but still not inherently wrong

I think people should be free to choose what they prefer to do in their personal lives, within the boundaries of the law. They should not be punished for thought crimes.

Anti-immigration is not exclusively a right wing policy. In fact some left wingers used to be what would be considered today, anti-immigration, to protect the domestic workers. For example, Bernie Sanders used to be against open borders, until it became taboo for left-wingers to be against it. He called open borders a "Koch brothers proposal".

It is time to stop this cheap propaganda of Nazis and Fasists of those who love their home,
and sometimes their home does not love them.
I think it is time to accept the country that you live, and the country you came from,

Imigration is forbiden by international laws, but also is LEGALl when it is under state laws.
That is why there legal and illegal immigrants
Asylum is not a papper, and should be given carefully.

AND NOW TO YOUR SUBJECT

How you seperate a good family member from a bad family member?
Do you believe that your family is inferior or superior to your eyes, when comes to other families?
DOes your family has also to do with genetics?

And my few cents
as you dive more deeper to left-o-nihilism, the more the lonely you will be,
and all your satisfaction will be to destroy 'creations and ties and social structures' of your neighbours
and each time you will ask new allies to fill your loneliness and continue destruction
and you will be shelf-exiled one day.

LEFT is a political system and movement that does not deny society, social stuctures, does not deny creation, family ties etc, INFACT it supports Society ties
same does not deny state and nation and culture.
but nihilism is just an oportunistic stance,
I can give even names of famous Europarliament members that earn fortunes by 'pushing' illegal imigration,
and use nihilism idealists so to achieve their goals.

Equality does mean we are all equal, even in ancient Sparta where this term was used (ομοιοι) and was the most flat society as conserns citizens
But we are equal against the law, and we all have same citizenship rights, unless a judge published a verdict

IMIGRATION IS LIKE ADOPTION by A STATE-FAMILY and as such act. everybody must see it.
but it is family that decides how many new members can afford to accept.

as for your question
I would provide you 2 cases of USA history, cause today we are all living in America, and maybe my culture is unknown to you.

is Mel Gibson's acting role, a racist or a Nazi in the movie?
could he be an ethnocentric ?

Was he a nihilist? was he a racist? an ethnocentric that he loved his Genes and culture so much, that he dare to challenge authorities, for equal rights, and not an inferior genes race.
<strong>

Last edited:
Such a weird thread. Why can't people see people for who they are as an individual?

Such a weird thread. Why can't people see people for who they are as an individual?

I actually copied the image from a twitter post by Isolf Lazaridis. Why is it a weird thread, especially for a sub-forum about culture? Also, it is mutually exclusive to "see people who they are as an individual", while still respecting that those same people may have preferences that make them unique as individuals? Is it some kind of virtue to have no meaningful opinion on these sort of questions?

https://twitter.com/pewglobal/status/1284819284372402177

Honestly, I don't see the issue here.

Imo there are standards out there against which one can measure individuals and cultures, and culture is formed not just by environment but by genetics.

Obviously, my list may be different than someone else's, but I think my list is better, more fair and more humane, but also practical. :)

Let's look at it in terms of individuals. Some individuals are more intelligent than others, some more athletic, some more talented in music or art. They are "superior" in some ways to other individuals and "inferior" in others, and if they're honest with themselves they know where they rank. I'm mentioning things which imo can be measured or tested because there are grey areas we still don't know how to test or are too subjective, like attractiveness.

I don't see anything inherently immoral in acknowledging any of this as an individual, and acknowledging that much of it is owed to genetics, at least as much as to individual application and effort, traits which also have a genetic base. It also keeps you humble and grateful. The only immorality arises if you treat others as less than you, do not treat them with the respect and concern they deserve as fellow human beings, because you possess certain traits which are superior to theirs.

The same applies to cultures. I have a definite set standards by which I judge whether a culture is "better" than another one, and so do committed leftists like Ailchu even if they won't admit it. I'm pretty sure if he were honest with himself and others he'd admit that a culture which doesn't abuse LG etc. people or people of a different "color" or "religion" is "superior" to those which do.

So do I for what it's worth. I have a whole series of standards. No culture meets all of those standards, and that includes both of mine. They are superior in some things, inferior in others or just middling.

That doesn't mean that I don't "prefer" certain cultures, prefer living in certain cultures, because I do. That's because of the weight I put on certain cultural traits, and not only because I was born and partly raised in one culture and have spent decades in my adopted culture. So, I accept the "flaws" in both my cultures, would wish to see them ameliorated, but the "good" far outweighs the "bad". I could never live in certain cultures even if they were "objectively" wealthy, granted human rights etc.

I'm a humanist and I judge all things by that standard, but I also understand what is necessary for a society to function as optimally and efficiently as possible. Those are the bedrock, and all judgments flow from that.

My standards and my preferences are my own and I'm entitled to them. When you deny me that right you're implicitly saying your standards, your "ideal" culture is superior to mine, whether you see that or acknowledge it or not, so it's total hypocrisy.

I repeat, however, I'm not entitled to treat people from another culture in an inhumane or even just disrespectful way.

Also, it's obvious that each human being from a certain culture is not going to be identical to every other human being from that culture and must be judged as an individual.

As for this open borders nonsense, whether its supporters recognize or admit it or not, the outcome would have to be planetary government. That's anathema.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Power accumulates in government, and the bigger the government, the more people it controls, the more intense the control, the more oppression for everyone who lives within the sphere of that government.

Personal failings aside, Thomas Jefferson was correct: the least government is the best government; the least number of bureaucrats in your system, the better. They stifle creativity and ultimately will impose oppression; it's happened in every government in history. That's one of the many reasons I've always opposed the European Union. It's one of the reasons I have so much respect for the American founders; a federalist system, a republican democracy, is the best available option up to this point. We chip away the rights of the smaller members at our peril.

I absolutely do not believe that a country which has husbanded its resources relatively wisely, managed a relatively good living for most of its people, works toward providing certain human freedoms to its citizens is obliged to let every member of every failed state in the world into its borders to strain its resources and make worse the lives of its own citizens. A government has an obligation to its citizens.

Don't waste your time arguing with open border idiots. Their harmful agenda is clear.

can someone explain to me why Archetype gets a warning but this guys comment here is ignored?

I think people should be free to choose what they prefer to do in their personal lives, within the boundaries of the law. They should not be punished for thought crimes.

Anti-immigration is not exclusively a right wing policy. In fact some left wingers used to be what would be considered today, anti-immigration, to protect the domestic workers. For example, Bernie Sanders used to be against open borders, until it became taboo for left-wingers to be against it. He called open borders a "Koch brothers proposal".

did he connect border politics with genetics and ethnic conservation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 59572 times.

Back