What is the language of Comb Ceramic Culture?

kmak

Reaction score
In a 2017 genetic study published in Current Biology, the remains of three CCC individuals buried at Kudruküla was analyzed.[7] The Y-DNA sample extracted belonged to R1a5-YP1272. The three mtDNA samples extracted belonged to U5b1d1, U4a and U2e1.[7]
In a genetic study published in Nature Communications in January 2018, the remains of two CCC individuals were analyzed. The male was found to be carrying R1 and U4d2, while the female carried U5a1d2b The CCC individuals were found to be mostly of Eastern Hunter-Gatherer (EHG) descent, and to have more EHG ancestry than people of the Narva culture.[8]
In a genetic study published in Nature Communications in November 2018, the CCC individuals studies were modeled as being of 65% Eastern Hunter-Gatherer (EHG), 20% Western Steppe Herder (WSH), and 15% Western Hunter-Gatherer (WHG) descent. The amount of EHG ancestry was higher than among earlier cultures of the eastern Baltic, while WSH ancestry had previously never been attested among such an early culture in the region.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comb_Ceramic_culture

this one is also R1a-YP1272 :

PES001 EHG Veretye = east of Lake Onega M 12,7 ka R1a5 R1a5-YP1301 (under YP1272) U4a1
Genetic ancestry changes in Stone to Bronze Age transition in the East European plain

I think they lived in the north, between lake Onega (Karelia) and the Ural Mts

the CCC were pré-R1a-YP1272 : they were positive for some SNP's, but also negative for some other SNP's belonging to R1a-YP1272
so, their Y-DNA went extinct

they probably spoke some archaic language of which no trace is left today

PES001 EHG Veretye = east of Lake Onega M 12,7 ka R1a5 R1a5-YP1301 (under YP1272) U4a1
Genetic ancestry changes in Stone to Bronze Age transition in the East European plain
the CCC were pré-R1a-YP1272 : they were positive for some SNP's, but also negative for some other SNP's belonging to R1a-YP1272
Original language of R1a is Para-Proto-IE?
I read it in eurogenes. Proto-IE is R1b and Para-Proto-IE is R1a.

is this northern ehg language?

This thread has been viewed 6486 times.

Back