Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it time for Americans to stop using their air conditioners?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

With the possible return of intensive use of coal due to the energy crisis in Europe, the use of ecologically correct refrigerants in air conditioners seems to have become a minor problem Will we will see the return of smog clouds: A mix of soot and CO2, sulfur oxide, nitrogen oxides, volatile organic compounds. In the face of coal, even oil looks clean….
    Last edited by Duarte; 07-09-22 at 01:22.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I was one of them, I know. :)

Let me tell you, with the temperatures and the humidity this summer, they'd have had to pry the control out of my cold, dead hands.

I did, today, turn it off and opened all the windows. Thank-God for the coming of autumn!
    This picture taken from my house. This is the Northern Puget Sound looking strait at the Cascade Mountains. The sea is so close to the Cascade Mountain ranges that the two tend to keep Western Washington cool in the summer and the Mountains block out almost all of the snowstorms in the winter.
    We have an air conditioner but the sea breeze tends yo work better; as long as there is a bug net in the windows. :)
    But I suppose with West Virginia, youd need other methods to cool off.
    32661D0E-9297-4B21-9552-CB7BACE19D9F.jpg

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Live on Long Island; we got socked with a really, really hot summer. I love the sun, but I can't take the temperatures in the upper 80s and 90s with high humidity.

I swear it's genetics. I'm my father's daughter where this is concerned. I get fried by the sun no matter how much sun screen I wear, and I'm really prone to heat stroke. I don't think I perspire enough. Even in the shade I can't take the heat no matter how much I drink. I have to go sit in the air conditioning.

My mother was the opposite. She would bask in the sun for hours like a lizard. She loved it. My husband and both my children are the same. I'm the one always complaining and running indoors. :)

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    With the possible return of intensive use of coal due to the energy crisis in Europe, the use of ecologically correct refrigerants in air conditioners seems to have become a minor problem Will we will see the return of smog clouds: A mix of soot and CO2, sulfur oxide, nitrogen oxides, volatile organic compounds. In the face of coal, even oil looks clean….
    There is a bunch of nuclear, solar and wind in Europe. You can see a live map. Poland is mostly coal.
    app.electricitymaps.com

The US President Trump warned Germany in 2018 that their reliance on Russian gas from Gazprom would make them dependent on Russia and they laughed at him at the time. Now Germans are stocking up on firewood.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234