Celtiberian hillforts / Castros celtiberos.

Cerro de San Miguel, La Rioja

Last edited:
Castles and archeological places in Castilla y León. Usually, the cristian or muslim castles, even towns and cities, was founded over an Iron age /Bronze Age settlement. In this turistic panphlet you can see, celtiberían and other celtic tribes hillforts. Special mention deserve the Vettonian hillforts, big and wide populated oppida. The Ulaca's altar is impressive. I hope to post later a thread about Vetton Hillforts and culture.

https://destinocastillayleon.es/index/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/GuiaWebHISTORIA2013.pdf

Thanks Salento, but that's Off topic. You can open a thread with the italian Hillforts, this is for celtiberian.

I didn’t get title of the thread right,

I didn't know that Castro means fortification in Spanish, i thought it was the name of a place.

Live and Learn!

I didn't know that Castro means fortification in Spanish, i thought it was the name of a place.

Live and Learn!

Castro is also an Andalusian singer with a Galician father and andalusian mother. It is usually a Galician surname. Hitler said that she was the most beautiful Spanish he had ever seen
Apparently the Nazis hired Andalusian folk women for their private parties.

Estrellita Castro.
Estrella Castro Navarrete

MV5BNGM0YjQ4MjItMmY0Mi00ZGQ4LTg2OTItNWVlNWZjYzRmMDNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI5NDcxNzI@._V1_.jpg

I feel the off Topic but knowing can

Live and Learn!

It Doesn't matter Salento. Fortification is fortificacion in spanish. The diference is that "castro" is referred to that fortifications (Forts - Fuerte in Spanish) on the top of hills or hillforts.

Castro is also an Andalusian singer with a Galician father and andalusian mother. It is usually a Galician surname. Hitler said that she was the most beautiful Spanish he had ever seen
Apparently the Nazis hired Andalusian folk women for their private parties.

Estrellita Castro.
Estrella Castro Navarrete

MV5BNGM0YjQ4MjItMmY0Mi00ZGQ4LTg2OTItNWVlNWZjYzRmMDNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI5NDcxNzI@._V1_.jpg

I feel the off Topic but knowing can

Oh My God Carlos, You will never left the chance to show your folkloric-stereotyped tastes. Even in an archaelogical thread!!.... It is disgusting.

Oh My God Carlos, You will never left the chance to show your folkloric-stereotyped tastes. Even in an archaelogical thread!!.... It is disgusting.

Logo-El-Beso-02.jpg

This thread has been viewed 9898 times.

Back