New book on Quantitative Genetics

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
It's rather obviously called "Quantitative Genetics" and it's by Armando Caballero. It's about 19 dollars on Kindle.

Did you learn anything interesting from it? (I mean after years of reading papers of genetic research)

PS : That's odd I see it at 30$ on Kindle from Amazon US. I wonder if Amazon changes the prices based on the location of the IP address...

No review yet.

If you take a look at the table of contents you'll see it's the computational nuts and bolts, not results of specific analyses of different groups.

Razib Khan recommended it.

The link you provided does show 19.00 dollars for the kindle version when I click on it, but you may indeed be right that prices are different based on the IP address.

Typical of amazon.

I downloaded the free sample. Unfortunately the book is not Kindle friendly. It looks like pages were scanned, so they are displayed like a PDF file with tiny characters. I cannot adjust the foot size and need to zoom with both fingers on each page. That's the first time I have this problem on Kindle. I guess it's because it's a 'Print replica' as they call it.

Regarding the price, I tried changing my IP with a VPN. When I use a US IP address the price shows as 19.15$, but as soon as I log in to my account it becomes 30.60$. Disgusting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• QG-1.jpg
    QG-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 126
  • QG-2.jpg
    QG-2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 130
Anyway the content seems pretty basic for someone who has studied genetics at university. Change in allele frequencies, heritability, genotype-environment interactions, interbreeding and coancestry, effective population sizes...

This thread has been viewed 5839 times.

Back