Average Ancestry in different regions of Brazil:

Henrique

Reaction score
Average Ancestry in different regions of Brazil:

North:

Santa Isabel: Native / indigenous 75%, European 16%, African 16%.

Manaus: European 45%, Native 37%, African 16%

Northeast:

Pernambuco: European 56%, African 27%, Native 15%

Alagoas: European 54%, African 26%, Native 18%

Southeast:

Espirito Santo: European 74%, African 13%, Native 12%

Sao Paulo: European: 62%, African 25%, Native 11%

Minas Gerais: European: 59%, African 28%, Native 11%

Rio De Janeiro: European: 55%, African 31%, Native 13%

Midwest:

Mato Grosso do Sul: European 58%, African 25%, Native 15%

SOUTH

Santa Catarina: European 79%, African 11%, Native 8%

Rio Grande Do Sul: European 72%, African 14%, Native 13%.

Note: they are average, but it is clear that whites, mestizos and blacks will have different results than the averages in each region.

Source: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/a...N2GI-7hYol1Uill82nn9V8Wm66QHhQlwAIzsaMpijNewo

I'm not sure if rural community in the SE area is mixed with black more than 1%. Those stats are affected by modern tonw populations in those states.

[QUOTE = mlukas; 610719] I'm not sure if rural community in the SE area is mixed with black more than 1%. Those stats are affected by modern tonw populations in those states. [/ QUOTE]

​The interior of the country was colonized by coastal people - in the beginning, colonization was focused on the country's coast. The people of the interior are no less mixed-race than in any other area. Only Brazilians in very isolated communities are not of mixed race, but they are an extremely small minority.

Last edited:
Ethnic composition of Brazil.

Classification of the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics - IBGE.

Higher percentage ethnic groups in Brazilian municipalities (2010 census).
dDcf0HQ.jpg

States according to the percentage of whites in 2009.
0EFvgaU.jpg

States according to the percentage of Pardos in 2009
hexogXx.jpg

States according to the percentage of blacks in 2009. Ethnic composition of Brazil.
hnriVHu.jpg

Qyej43O.jpg

Mestizo aren't counted? Or they are included in Pardo?

Mestizo aren't counted? Or they are included in Pardo?

Pardos and mestizos in Brazil are synonymous words and, roughly speaking, are divided into three categories: mulattos (white + black); caboclo, caiçara or mameluco (White + Amerindian) and cafuzo (black + White + Amerindian).

Pardos and mestizos in Brazil are synonymous words and, roughly speaking, are divided into three categories: mulattos (white + black); caboclo, caiçara or mameluco (White + Amerindian) and cafuzo (black + White + Amerindian).
Do Pardo's admixture's vary a lot?

Do Pardo's admixture's vary a lot?

Yes. Pardos (mestizos) are a very diverse group and phenotypically they can look like Caucasians, Amerindians or Blacks, depending a lot on the percentages of autosomal admixture that, in Brazil, vary a lot from individual to individual.

Yes. Pardos (mestizos) are a very diverse group and phenotypically they can look like Caucasians, Amerindians or Blacks, depending a lot on the percentages of autosomal admixture that, in Brazil, vary a lot from individual to individual.
Yes I can see. Do you have any stats of Mexicans or Puerto Ricans?

Yes I can see. Do you have any stats of Mexicans or Puerto Ricans?

No. I do not have detailed statistics information on the ethnic composition of the Mexican States or the Territory of Puerto Rico.

Do you know where I could get it?

Unfortunately, I don't know where you can get this data. I have accurate information about the demographics of my country, which is Brazil, but I do not know sources with accurate demographic information from other countries in Latin America.

This thread has been viewed 8694 times.

Back