What's your worldview/level of consciousness (Spiral Dynamics)?

Archetype0ne

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
L283>Y21878>Y197198
EDIT by Maciamo: This thread is about Spiral Dynamics (read the article in link if you are not familiar with the concept). Here is a summary of the levels of consciousness.

spiral_dynamics.png

I personally recommend this Worldview Questionnaire[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif].[/FONT]

-------------------------------

I took a 5 question test, with 1-2-3 best fit answer format for the options and here is the results I got:

ItktHuR.png

https://sdtest.ru/en/

Last edited by a moderator:
The test is not very good because there are only five questions and the choices are all very stereotypical. I would have asked more general questions about everyday values. Anyway, here are my results. The green is only low because the answers that relate to it are more about consensus and group harmony than about the environment, responsible capitalism and fair trade.

graphic

Personally I consider myself strongly 'yellow' because of my continuous urge to learn everyday, my honesty and my integrity, and because I am conscious of other levels and don't mind using the most efficient way to solve problem even it belongs to another level (especially orange and green).

The test is not very good because there are only five questions and the choices are all very stereotypical. I would have asked more general questions about everyday values. Anyway, here are my results. The green is only low because the answers that relate to it are more about consensus and group harmony than about the environment, responsible capitalism and fair trade.

graphic

Personally I consider myself strongly 'yellow' because of my continuous urge to learn everyday, my honesty and my integrity, and because I am conscious of other levels and don't mind using the most efficient way to solve problem even it belongs to another level (especially orange and green).

Indeed the test is oversimplistic, and easy to read through because of stereotypical questions.
Any better more professional tests you recommend?

About the highlighted part, sounds like Protestant Pragmatism to me.
Personally a big fan of Protestant Values.

I have found this Worldview Questionnaire, which is definitely better, though not perfect. The author doesn't use the term 'Spiral Dynamics', but it is completely based on the SD levels of consciousness.

Here are my results. My highest score is for 'Integrative', which is the yellow vMeme. My lowest score is for 'traditional worldview', which is the blue vMeme. Both are correct in my case.

Worldview Affinity Score:

Worldview you identify with most: Integrative (8)​
Worldview you identify with least: Traditional (-15)

These two worldviews are briefly described below.

Integrative worldviews

Integrative worldviews appear to be primarily characterized by a self-reflexive attempt to bring together and synthesize elements of other worldviews, or of domains that in other worldviews tend to be viewed as mutually exclusive, such as science (or rationality) and spirituality, imagination and logic, heart and mind, humanity and nature—perspectives that in the West have been in conflict for centuries. In this worldview, such opposing perspectives are frequently understood to be part of a greater whole or synthesis—on a “deeper level”—resulting in “both-and” rather than “either-or” thinking. Such a holistic or integrative perspective may lead to a profound sense of connection with nature, and an understanding of earthly life itself as imbued with a larger consciousness or “Spirit.” Universal, existential concerns—such as life and death, self-actualization, global awareness, and serving society, hum anity, or even “life” at large—are often of central importance.

Traditional worldviews

In traditional worldviews the religious sphere is generally not distinguished from the secular sphere, nor is metaphysics from science. Religious or metaphysical views on reality thus answer the big questions in life, and substantial faith is placed in religious authorities, such as scriptures, doctrines, and leaders. In this worldview, a transcendent God is usually seen as separate from the profane, earthly world, and man as fundamentally different from nature. The relationship with nature is frequently understood in terms of ‘dominion’ or ‘stewardship’. Traditional worldviews tend to emphasize the importance of family and community, as well as values ​​such as honesty, decency, sobriety, obedience, discipline, solidarity, conformity, service, dedication, respect for tradition, humility, and self-sacrifice.

My results were 12% blue, 20% in each of orange, green , and yellow, and 28% in turquoise - I'm a little bit of everything!

This is sort of fun - learning about yourself! My results were 12 for integrative and -7 for traditional.

Maciamo, I hope that lots of people take the time to wade through all the material you have presented. It's a different way of looking at the world but even more importantly, you learn things about yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the five answer test, found it somewhat interesting but pulled out when I realized I had to give my email at the end of the questioning to a Russian NGO type organization. Guess I'm a bit paranoid.

Took the five answer test, found it somewhat interesting but pulled out when I realized I had to give my email at the end of the questioning to a Russian NGO type organization. Guess I'm a bit paranoid.

Why don't you create an anonymous email address for this kind of tests?

Last edited:
There are no anonymous emails anymore. The alphabet agencies track all. Plus I'm not a big fan of Putin in general.

There are no anonymous emails anymore. The alphabet agencies track all. Plus I'm not a big fan of Putin in general.

So you are afraid that Putin has knowledge of Spiral Dynamics and actively seek data from millions of individual users to know where they stand on the spiral, and that after that he is going to target you individually for being a certain colour on the spiral based on a basic 5 question test? I suppose that he is going to have you kidnapped, then tortured and brainwashed until you chant his name and become a worshipper of his personality cult? If that is vaguely what you had in mind, then no need to take the test, you are on the red vMeme.

Here are my results from the questionnaire Maciamo suggested.

"Thank you very much for taking the ICE worldview questionnaire. Here are your results:Worldview Affinity Score:
Worldview you identify with most: Integrative (12)​
Worldview you identify with least: Traditional (-9)​
These two worldviews are briefly described below. For more on the research behind this test, and on worldviews in general, please follow this link.
Integrative worldviews
Integrative worldviews appear to be primarily characterized by a self-reflexive attempt to bring together and synthesize elements of other worldviews, or of domains that in other worldviews tend to be viewed as mutually exclusive, such as science (or rationality) and spirituality, imagination and logic, heart and mind, humanity and nature—perspectives that in the West have been in conflict for centuries. In this worldview, such opposing perspectives are frequently understood to be part of a greater whole or synthesis—on a “deeper level”—resulting in “both-and” rather than “either-or” thinking. Such a holistic or integrative perspective may lead to a profound sense of connection with nature, and an understanding of earthly life itself as imbued with a larger consciousness or “Spirit.” Universal, existential concerns—such as life and death, self-actualization, global awareness, and serving society, hum anity, or even “life” at large—are often of central importance.​
Traditional worldviews
In traditional worldviews the religious sphere is generally not distinguished from the secular sphere, nor is metaphysics from science. Religious or metaphysical views on reality thus answer the big questions in life, and substantial faith is placed in religious authorities, such as scriptures, doctrines, and leaders. In this worldview, a transcendent God is usually seen as separate from the profane, earthly world, and man as fundamentally different from nature. The relationship with nature is frequently understood in terms of ‘dominion’ or ‘stewardship’. Traditional worldviews tend to emphasize the importance of family and community, as well as values ​​such as honesty, decency, sobriety, obedience, discipline, solidarity, conformity, service, dedication, respect for tradition, humility, and self-sacrifice."

I have to admit the questionaire is better than the one I posted. However, some of the questions could have been formulated better... Example:
h8bW6uV.png

None of these answers are mutually exclusive...
We might aknowledge that the "origin(1)" of life is yet unclear, while under the influence of "higher" order, through the process of evolution (which is how life evolved(2), not how it was conceived/came to be(1)). We could view this as an expression of "will to life" of an evolving transcendental consciousness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_to_live
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle

"Today the question of how chemistry on the infant Earth gave rise to RNA and to RNA-based cells is the central question of origin-of-life research. Some scientists think that life originally used simpler molecules and only later evolved RNA. Other researchers, however, are tackling the origin of RNA head-on, and exciting new ideas are revolutionizing this once quiet backwater of chemical research. Favored geochemical scenarios involve volcanic regions or impact craters, with complex organic chemistry, multiple sources of energy, and dynamic light-dark, hot-cold and wet-dry cycles. Strikingly, many of the chemical intermediates on the way to RNA crystallize out of reaction mixtures, self-purifying and potentially accumulating on the early Earth as organic minerals—reservoirs of material waiting to come to life when conditions change."
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-did-life-begin1/

- or in other words... we have no idea how the first cells came out to be, out of the organic ingredient soup... I remember when I was researching this question years ago, I read some probabilistic statistics of what it would take for the synthesis of cells out of organic material/ingredients. Even for the simplest cells(
https://flexbooks.ck12.org/cbook/ck....0/section/5.4/primary/lesson/first-cells-bio) the probability was one in trillions... IIRC Cosmos a Space Odyssey either by Sagan or Tyson, can't recall which one, goes into depths into how we do not know how the first cells came to be, and for the various organelles to come together to form complex reproducing cells needed to constitute life the probability is almost impossible.

Now how do you go about answering this question ... I did the best I could by process of elimination. But I had such issues with maybe 3-5 questions in the questionnaire, where they were not mutually exclusive for me to pick what I agree with most or least.​

This thread has been viewed 5726 times.

Back