Y-DNA haplogroup
    O2a1c2-FGC3750
    MtDNA haplogroup
    D4

Ethnic group
    Han

1 members found this post helpful.

Yan emperor and huang emperor:possible leads

Niuheliang culture:N16M4 chamber believed to be the yellow emperor or yan emperor,identity by his 玉龜(jade turtle),He was also the leader of entire Hongshan civilization.He is O-m117-f2137,A typical Sino-tibetan haplogroup.
    another shimao culture,there is two samples C-CTS3385,and O-m117-f2137.
    In the legend,they are brothers,it's possible that Yan emperor and Huang emperor both belonged to f2137.
    They could be the original spreader of Sino-tibetan language system into china.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

1 members found this post helpful.
    The Yan Emperor is legendary and presumably lived some 5000 years ago. The Hongshan culture (4700 to 2900 BCE) itself is Neolithic. Earlier samples from this culture yielded haplogroups C, N1 and O2a, which are also found in the Mongols. N1 is ancestral to the N1c1 of the Uralic peoples, including the Finns, Saami, Karelians and Estonians in Northeast Europe.

Haplogroup O2a2b1a1-M117 is very widespread around China. It is only found in 10 to 20% of Han Chinese. It is more common among Tibetans and Nepalese (Tamang, Newars) and is also found among Tungusic peoples (such as the Manchu, Evenki, Nanai, Xibo and Oroqen in Northeast China and Siberia), the Mongols, Uyghurs, Laos, Vietnamese, Koreans, Japanese, and even in the Philippines and Indonesia. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the main lineages that spread farming from the Yellow River around East Asia during the Neolithic period.

O2a2b1a1-M117 (aka Page23) was formed 17600 years ago, but has a TMRCA of 11300 years. All its immediate subclades (MF1380, M1706, F22770, CTS7634, M1726, A9459) have a coalescence age of 6500 to 6900 years, which corresponds to the Neolithic expansion of farming in China.

The O-F2137 clade (downstream of M1706) was formed 6000 years ago according to Yfull and is apparently found mostly among Han Chinese (Hebei, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Guangdong).
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Quote Originally Posted by xiongmao View Post
    Niuheliang culture:N16M4 chamber believed to be the yellow emperor or yan emperor,identity by his 玉龜(jade turtle),He was also the leader of entire Hongshan civilization.He is O-m117-f2137,A typical Sino-tibetan haplogroup.
    another shimao culture,there is two samples C-CTS3385,and O-m117-f2137.
    In the legend,they are brothers,it's possible that Yan emperor and Huang emperor both belonged to f2137.
    They could be the original spreader of Sino-tibetan language system into china.
    is yan emperor real or myth?

Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    O2a1c2-FGC3750
    MtDNA haplogroup
    D4

Ethnic group
    Han

Quote Originally Posted by kmak View Post
    is yan emperor real or myth?
    I think he was,He was also mentioned in Hmong myth,but he was a man,not a god,I think he was just an ancient tribal leader.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Quote Originally Posted by xiongmao View Post
    I think he was,He was also mentioned in Hmong myth,but he was a man,not a god,I think he was just an ancient tribal leader.
    it is can be true.