Trying to solve DNA mystery, my mother's paternal line U-152

THERESA VONPLINSKY

Reaction score
My mother's brother Thomas J. Stocker (birth surname Slack), an artist in Boston and uncle Frank Slack, a professor and a 2nd cousin 1X removed, Richard Slack, have all tested and have common paternal ancestor on the record as George Slack who arrived in USA in 1894. We are on various DNA sites and match up to each others families by DNA. The paternal line in question which arrived in USA in 1894 is somehow connected to the family of George and Ada Sutton Slack. We were all told by family members that we are supposed to be descended off the record from a royal family member, possibly a Prince of Wales, or a Prince who was supposed to become a Prince of Wales. Some say this one did not become King. Some say it was the royal who is pictured on a popular cigar box (a King Edward) and also Prince Albert in a can was mentioned, seriously, not as a joke. So it has been an elusive search for the truth of the matter. Richard Slack has tested to a higher level than Thomas or Frank Slack, and Richard Slack's result if I read correctly was R1b U-152 . Thomas Stocker (born Slack) tested to level 12 and result was RM-269 (of which R1b U-152 and R1b U106 are subclades) and Frank Slack tested to level 111 and result was RM-269. I'm a bit weary and stumped at this time, but I'm wondering if it is likely my other two Slack relatives will be also R1B U-152 if they test at a higher level than 12 and 111 on FTDNA? Any insight to what I have here would be appreciated. I just noticed I have eyes like Kevin Costner....shape and color....Theresa Johnson VonPlinsky

This thread has been viewed 2117 times.

Back