Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: how did my haplogroup come to north england?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J1-P58
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1

how did my haplogroup come to north england?

hi. I am from north England and my haplogroup is J1a2b2 [J1-Z1884]. i heard it is common in the middle east, north africa and south italy. my family have lived here and in ireland for hundreds of years and i have an english surname. does anyone have an idea how i got this haplogroup?
    sorry if anything is confusing, i am no expert at this :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283 (z627)

Ethnic group
    Ancient

Join a ftdna project and ask administrators

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by YRD3 View Post
    hi. I am from north England and my haplogroup is J1a2b2 [J1-Z1884]. i heard it is common in the middle east, north africa and south italy. my family have lived here and in ireland for hundreds of years and i have an english surname. does anyone have an idea how i got this haplogroup?
    Many different ways, looking at known historical events -

1. Romans who may have carried small amounts of J1 (maybe phoenician?), there is also over 6% of Roman R1b U152 in England along with some other Southern European clades which probably travelled with Romans

2. Jewish, I think Jews have a short history of settling in England but then we don't know if this is a Jewish clade maybe Arab father had a Jewish wife/partner

3. Slave? England has a history with slavery. I am not sure how much J1 was found in the countries where England took most slaves from (since I don't know where they took them from), there is more J1 towards East Africa & North

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1

J-y13481

Hi again I'm user YRD3. I had to create a new account my last one was a quick one I made, forgot the password.

I've had a look on ftdna. I believe the specific haplogroup is J-FT264818 (going down the tree: FT264818 - Y13481 - FT3509014 - FGC4412 - FGC4415 etc) Does anyone have any information on this haplogroup? Thanks.

Looks like it may have been spread with arab muslim expansions

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...out-J-FGC4415?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1

Thank you for the link.
    Since the arab armies never made it to Britain during their invasions, my theory is that i have a paternal arab ancestor who settled in spain and his descendants sailed by boat to Britain and settled there. I can't think of another explanation

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-FGC12832
    MtDNA haplogroup
    V

Ethnic group
    100% ethnic Maltese

J-Z1884 at the same level as J-L858 which does not tell you much as it is about 5,000 years old. To find anything out about the possible origin of the person who bequeathed the subclade, more SNP testing is needed.

How did it end up in England? People traded over long distances, people joined armies like the Roman Army, people were bought and sold as slaves, maybe he just wanted to live in a country with a cold and wet climate.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2

Ethnic group
    49.1 Portuguese, 20.1 Italy_Veneto,16.0 Yoruban, 9.8 North_German, 5.0 Karitiana

Nice topic

Arabian or other Semitic expansion into europe such as carthaginians, Arabian empires in middle age.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Y138701*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2f1b1

Ethnic group
    North African/North East Slavic

Quote Originally Posted by YRD3 View Post
    Its maybe Phoenician or Jewish heritage,J-Z1884 is 4400 years old according to Yfull, its considered as mostly Semitic, all your "cousins" on Yfull : https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z1884/

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-ZS8811

Ethnic group
    Caucasian

Hello. I am searching, as you are, for an ancestor with Roman-Eastern Mediterranean DNA, and an English place surname. I recently came across the English/Turkish connection, and you may find the English/Turkish connection interesting. Google British Turks.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North Italian

Quote Originally Posted by kmak View Post
    Arabian or other Semitic expansion into europe such as carthaginians, Arabian empires in middle age.
    Arabs never met the Carthaginians .......they where extinct 900 years earlier , before the Arabs entered north Africa

I doubt there are many Arabs even that went beyond Libya as history states the Moors are arabinzed ( linguistically ) Berbers ............we know Berbers are not arabs
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-Z282