Stuvanè

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
J2
mtDNA haplogroup
H1e
It does'nt seem to me that it has been discussed yet, however this function has been available for a few days at a modest price on Sequencing https://sequencing.com/map-my-genes-archaeology-edition, which by exploiting raw data allows you to elaborate a map dedicated to the similarity of autosomal with that of ancient samples (the greater the circle / point the higher the proximity: clicking on them displays the details of the sample).

It is somewhat competitive to some MTA tools and perhaps it can be adopted as a comparison tool

125481526_387450289280843_7098010234727552271_n.png

I tried it, yesterday and I have a similar map. The references purport that Antoino M et al 2019 is included, but take a look at Italy; it should be lit up. This app is either broken or bogus imo. Which is a shame, because it is a nice presentation:

ZdgGojZ.png

On top of that, they don't even tell you the reference ID numbers for the samples when you hover over it.

I tried it, yesterday and I have a similar map. The references purport that Antoino M et al 2019 is included, but take a look at Italy; it should be lit up. This app is either broken or bogus imo. Which is a shame, because it is a nice presentation:

ZdgGojZ.png

On top of that, they don't even tell you the reference ID numbers for the samples when you hover over it.

OMG... If it's identical for every individual of the same population / ethnic group I suspect it's quite a "sòla" ...
At this point I hope for a necessary update and a better individual profiling

Sequencing's Support email address

Me too, I was trying to e-mail them, but I couldn't find any contact information.

I work for Sequencing and will be happy to help. Please email support at sequencing dot com with any questions. The support team will be able to look into why some results are similar.

I work for Sequencing and will be happy to help. Please email support at sequencing dot com with any questions. The support team will be able to look into why some results are similar.

Excellent, thank you for reaching out:

-For the Antonio et al 2019 samples, will they be included in an update? It is evident that they are not included in the map.

-I find it peculiar that I have larger circles in unlikely samples, such as ones from the iron age central steppe, than I do for more likely samples such as Mycenaeans.

-In regards to information on the samples, is there a spreadsheet available to users? I recall seeing them in a promotional gif on the site.

-The website says if you click on the "pin" you can get more information. But if I click, the window just closes.

-Suggestion: You should put the sample IDs into the description, so people are able to better discern which samples they are matching with.

Excellent, thank you for reaching out:

Thank you for the feedback.
  • The app is being updated to include a table that will provide a lot more information about each sample, such as sample IDs (and a lot of other useful info). It will be in tabular form so it will look like the requested spreadsheet. Some of these improvements are based on your feedback/suggestions, so thank you! We anticipate the updated version will be available in about two weeks after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which the technical team and bioinformatics team are both prepping for at the moment.
  • We passed along the issue regarding the clicking the pin (ie 'window just closes' when clicked) to the app developer. I apologize for this and we'll have it resolved asap.
  • We've asked the app developer for clarification about the Antonio et al 2019 samples and will get back to you about this as well.
  • Regarding your feedback of larger circles in unlikely samples, we'll definitely look into this but just need to know your app ID. This is the numerical value at the end of the path of the url for your app results (the end of the link to your results). You can also find the app ID in the far left column of your My Results page: which is our domain and then the path /apps/results (sorry about not being able to post the link but I'm a newbie here and my account isn't able to include links in posts)
    • While the app ID isn't personally identifiable, if you'd rather not post is here, please feel free to private message me with the app ID or please email it to us at support at sequencing dot com.

For my particular case, Sequencing is very unreliabe....
Compared to FTDNA : Europe 85%, Americas 12%, Africa <2%...
And in the European components, Sequencing gives me more Iberian than Italian....and add Finland !!!View attachment 12438

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

For my particular case, Sequencing is very unreliabe....
Compared to FTDNA : Europe 85%, Americas 12%, Africa <2%...
And in the European components, Sequencing gives me more Iberian than Italian....and add Finland !!!

The screenshot appears to be from the Ancestry and Genealogy app from EDGC. The new Genetic Ancestry with Haplogroups app from Complete Genome Science uses different populations and admixture algorithms, with a wider range for some populations.

This thread has been viewed 10967 times.

Back