23andme = R-BY451

EThos92

Reaction score
Hey all,

As I await my results from ftdna, I want to try to improve upon my literacy regarding ydna and attempt to learn more about my haplogroup (or would it be haplotype??). As the title suggests, 23andme predicted my haplogroup as being BY451. I am looking to know what the synonyms/alternate names for this haplogroup are and what might be known about it. Needless to say the tendency for there to be multiple names for the same thing makes all of this rather confusing for someone getting started in this.

BY451 haplogroup

23andme predicted my haplogroup as being BY451. I am looking to know what the synonyms/alternate names for this haplogroup are and what might be known about it. Needless to say the tendency for there to be multiple names for the same thing makes all of this rather confusing for someone getting started in this.

23andMe assigned this to my father's male nephew, my male 1st cousin as our Y haplogroup. Our surname is Waltman. I can struggling to find anything on this haplogroup. Have you come across any information since you first wrote this?

This thread has been viewed 4424 times.

Back