Guess the ethnicity of this man

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of them seems that you can see something of the Americas in him and in a somewhat undefined way, but the rest, if I found them in those worlds, I would never have thought they were South Americans.

Davi Alcolumbre has a very common, if not the most common, biotype in the north and northeast of Brazil, although his whole surname is totally unusual for Brazilians: David Samuel Alcolumbre Tobelem. The other one, Mr. Abraham Bragança de Vasconcellos Weintraub is known in Brazil only as Abraham Weintraub. He carries the surnames “Bragança de Vasconcellos”. I highlight that “Bragança” is one of the surnames that carries the royal family of Portugal and Brazil. He has a very common biotype in the rural areas of the Midwest and Southeast of Brazil. I would not hesitate to label him a “caboclo”. Caboclo is a mix where European ancestry predominates, but with significant percentages of Amerindian ancestry (more) and SSA (less).

Some Jews are conservative; many Jews are ultra-liberal. Before the second World War, a lot of them were Marxists and supporters of Russia (and that includes Italy), which, given that so many of them in the east were poor, and so many were members of the intelligentsia (universities then and now promoted Marxism) ,is not surprising. However, a lot of Jews in Italy, especially of the industrial class, were supporters and even among the founding members of the Fascist party.

Ethnicity is not a perfect indicator of political orientation. Most of the Irish here are Democrats, but not all. Class, profession, whether one has been persuaded by very liberal professors, all sorts of things come into play. Here in the U.S. Jews are one of the groups which vote against their financial interest. Most of them are quite wealthy, yet they vote very liberal and thus for much higher taxes. It's partly because of what they learned in university, but it's also because of identification with those who are excluded, i.e. minorities.

To return to the topic, I don't know their precise ancestral origin, but these men don't look like Moroccan Jews to me, and one of them looks SSA admixed. I could be wrong, of course. Maybe a lot of admixture occurred along the way.

Ashkenazi Jews being mostly liberal in 21th century ( 20th century Communism was very complicated) is probably related with their high education status.

Ashkenazi Jews being mostly liberal in 21th century ( 20th century Communism was very complicated) is probably related with their high education status.
This is pretty interesting because Israel is one of the most pro Trump countries. Biden is very impopular in Israel, as was Obama.

Also here in Sweden most Jews are ultra liberal but at the same time some support and are important figures in the right wing Sverigedemokraterna (Swedish Democrats). This has of course to do whith that antisemitism is extremely common within the Middle Eastern immigrants, which is a large minority. Give it a decade or so and they'll be a majority.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

In Israel, the Ashkenazim are mostly liberal, while the Sephardim are mostly conservative. (To a point someone made, the Ashkenazim are more highly educated.) One of the most important pivot points, however, is the attitude toward the Palestinians/Arabs etc., i.e. whether you're hardline or take a softer approach. The Sephardim are mostly hardliners. Of course, the Ashkenazim didn't come from countries where they were oppressed by Near Eastern and North African Muslims.

Neither side has a majority so they have to court the small Ultra-Orthodox parties, who then get to impose strict rabbinical rules on day to day life which most Israelis hate, but which is the price for their support.

I'd generalize and say all politics is local and personal to at least some degree, with, in many cases, religious conservatism often leading to political conservatism. Academics are going to be liberal, but Jewish small business owners lean more conservative. How your world view was formed, your educational, religious, but also your professional experiences color your beliefs.

Just as an example, irreligious or Reform Jews I know tend to be more liberal than Orthodox Jews even if they're equally educated. Strong religious belief seems to inoculate most people against ultra-leftism. Running your own small business likewise.

This is pretty interesting because Israel is one of the most pro Trump countries. Biden is very impopular in Israel, as was Obama.

Also here in Sweden most Jews are ultra liberal but at the same time some support and are important figures in the right wing Sverigedemokraterna (Swedish Democrats). This has of course to do whith that antisemitism is extremely common within the Middle Eastern immigrants, which is a large minority. Give it a decade or so and they'll be a majority.

Aren't like most Swedes extremely liberal too? Even more than the Jews.

Muslims will hit 30% with continuous high immigration till 2050. If the migration falls (which is more accurate) than it is around 20%.

Muslims will hit 30% with continuous high immigration till 2050. If the migration falls (which is more accurate) than it is around 20%.
Not at all. Possibly in the 70s and early 80s. "Folkhemmet" is actually an excluding ideology than including, Thage Erlander, "The Folk Father", said in the 60s the popular statement "we are a homogeneous nation, unlike the US that has problems with the negros". I hope you get the irony in "popular", but it was indeed what people liked to hear from our "great" leader.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

and then take into account that many muslims will just become non-religious with time just like it's the case with christians. those numbers don't really mean that much. muslims becoming a majority in a decade is just scare-mongering.

Not at all. Possibly in the 70s and early 80s. "Folkhemmet" is actually an excluding ideology than including, Thage Erlander, "The Folk Father", said in the 60s the popular statement "we are a homogeneous nation, unlike the US that has problems with the negros". I hope you get the irony in "popular", but it was indeed what people liked to hear from our "great" leader.

we don't live in the 70's and 80's anymore. back then people were way more nationalist almost everywhere in europe.

we don't live in the 70's and 80's anymore. back then people were way more nationalist almost everywhere in europe.
Not here is Sweden, we're more way nationalist now. Way more.

Not here is Sweden, we're more way nationalist now. Way more.

it's 100% not the same as it was back then. if someone said something like what your great leader was saying back then he would be removed from politics by the people. there are less nationalist and those who are, are mostly "cultural nationalist", not ethno nationalist like it was still the case back then.

edit: can you give the quote of Tage Erlander? from what i could find he didn't say that the US has problems with blacks. and i don't know about swedish language that well but he didn't call blacks in america negros either but simply blacks.

Thread is going off topic.

it's 100% not the same as it was back then. if someone said something like what your great leader was saying back then he would be removed from politics by the people. there are less nationalist and those who are, are mostly "cultural nationalist", not ethno nationalist like it was still the case back then.
I'm not going debate with you. I'm sorry you're very wrong and know extremely little about Sweden. You're talking about racism when you mention our great leader. I'm talking about nationalism and ethnical awareness which has grown exponentially here. A right wing party like the Sverigedemokraterna, which have between 20-25%, depending on pollsters, was not even in people's minds 16 years ago, and wouldn't be on a map in the 70s or 80s. Nationalism is on the rise in most European countries, actually, but I can only speak for Sweden.

Thread is going off topic.

true, it was going off topic the moment modern migrants were completely unnecessarily mentioned. here is the quote of Erlander btw

"I am convinced that the difficulties of the US Government are largely due to the fact that there is mass unemployment in America, which makes it natural for many whites to try to wallow in the poverty and unemployment of blacks in the belief that they will not be affected. themselves. We Swedes live in such an infinitely happier situation. The population of our country is homogeneous, not only in terms of race but also in many other respects. Therefore, we can tackle the unemployment problems in a completely different way, knowing that what we are doing is something that in any case is not influenced by differences in skin color or religion, but that our efforts are motivated solely by the unemployment issue itself."

maybe some people like to insert their own wishes into other peoples words. or google translate understands swedish better than certain swedes themselves.

Enough or I'll close thead.

true, it was going off topic the moment modern migrants were completely unnecessarily mentioned. here is the quote of Erlander btw

"I am convinced that the difficulties of the US Government are largely due to the fact that there is mass unemployment in America, which makes it natural for many whites to try to wallow in the poverty and unemployment of blacks in the belief that they will not be affected. themselves. We Swedes live in such an infinitely happier situation. The population of our country is homogeneous, not only in terms of race but also in many other respects. Therefore, we can tackle the unemployment problems in a completely different way, knowing that what we are doing is something that in any case is not influenced by differences in skin color or religion, but that our efforts are motivated solely by the unemployment issue itself."

maybe some people like to insert their own wishes into other peoples words. or google translate understands swedish better than certain swedes themselves.
You're very naive and should see the whole picture.

"In 1946, Sweden broke the world record. In no other country were so many "substandard people" sterilized: "mixed race", single mothers with many children, deviants, "tatters". But there are no traces of this activity in the textbooks.

In 1953, the Prime Minister's name was Tage Erlander and the Minister of Social Affairs was Gunnar Sträng. That year, the National Board of Medicine decided that sixteen-year-old Nils would be sterilized against his will. The reason given was that Nils was a "sexually mature mixed type". By the latter was meant that the boy was not purebred Swedish.

How pure-bred Swedes were to be distinguished from others was evident, among other things, from the skull measurements that had been delivered since 1922 from the Statens Institut för Rasbiologi Uppsala."

Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 16198 times.

Back